Caffeinated Love

Caffeinated Love [Donghae Oneshot]

As the warm rays of the sun began to penetrate the blinds of your window, your alarm clock chimed and your eyes slowly opened still with fatigue overpowering them. You frantically slammed your hand on your alarm clock before rolling over on to your side only to be met with an empty white pillow. You rose up from bed and rubbed your head in confusion.

Where did he go?

Nonetheless, you quickly began your morning routine and prepared to get ready for work before racing down the stairs in hope of finding Donghae. The moment you stepped into the kitchen, your eyes lit up like warm candles for sitting casually with his legs folded on top one another on the kitchen island was none other than Lee Donghae. He had on his almond brown house slippers and even the cloudy grey sleeveless shirt he wore to bed, but for some reason he had his hood up which made him look like an adorable little lost puppy. His chocolate brown hair was disheveled yet it somehow highlighted the innocence of his face perfectly. You quietly approached him while trying to conceal your laughter with the back of your hand.

"Oppa...what are you doing?" you managed to ask in between your giggles.
"Mwuh? I got thirsty! So I decided to wake up and have some coffee" he explained as he held up the small bottle and shook it.

You quickly wrapped your hands around the bottle as your eyes widened in shock. Donghae tilted his head to one side with his eyes fixed on your startled expression.

"_____-ah...is something wrong?"
"Oh my god...please don't tell me this was the bottle in the fridge?" you asked in desperation.

Donghae set the bottle back onto the counter.

"Erm...it is..." he answered uneasily.
"NO!!! Are you serious?!?" you questioned with your voice rising along with your frustration.
"W-w-waeyo?" he asked a bit startled by the way you were acting while carefully sliding off the island.
"Aish!!! Because! That was the last one! Donghae that's probably the only reason I'm awake at work!!!" you yelled trying to get him to understand your situation.

You had to ride the bus to your office in the mornings, and since you always walked to the bus stop you usually just grab your bottled coffee from the fridge and run out of the house. Although it sounds crazy, you needed your ice cold coffee to get yourself waken up, especially now in the summer since you would have to walk to the bus stop with the sun frying your back. You refused to even go buy coffee from the local cafes since their coffee flavor was too strong for you, which is why you heavily relied on your store bought one since you simply adored its french vanilla flavor.

"Omo! Mianhe _____-ah! I didn't know it was the last one! I didn't even know you drink it every morning" he defended as he placed his tender hand on your cheek.

You swiftly looked down at your watch and then pushed his hand off your face.

"Ugh I don't even time for this. I have a long grueling day of work to survive" you stated briskly as you angrily stuffed the plastic bottle into the trash.

Donghae looked at you with concern painted in his eyes.

"Wait _____-ah, do you want me to drop you off at the bus stop I mean if you're running la-"
"No need" you retorted bluntly before walking out the front door slamming it behind you.

Donghae stood in the kitchen in solitude with his head hung towards the floor as he sighed exasperatedly. He lightly struck himself on the head with his hand balled into a firm fist.

"Pabo" he mumbled in dismay. He then looked up as his eyes fell on the key holder nailed onto the creamy beige wall. Suddenly, his face perked up as he grabbed his car keys and headed out onto the driveway...

Never before have you experienced such pain at work before, until this day. Your heart felt as if it had sank into your stomach and your levels of productivity were non-existent. You might as well not have shown up to work at all. You couldn't even bring yourself to concentrate on anything, for all that was racing in your mind ever since you stepped foot into your office was Donghae.

You were mad...at yourself and you hated yourself for acting the way you did.

God he probably hates me now. What the hell was I thinking? There was no need for me to raise my voice over something as stupid as that...ugh ______ you idiot!!!

At this point, all you wanted to do was go home to Donghae and wrap your arms around him and kiss him a thousand times. He was absolutely right, every word of what he said was true. There was no way he would have known you drink iced coffee every morning since his day always started hours before yours. Today was the only exception since their dance room was getting waxed, so he only had to leave in the afternoon.

Ugh the one morning we are actually together and I go and screw that up too...

The guilt was killing you like an intoxicating poison traveling through your body. Seeing as though there was no way you were going to get any work done, you decided to lie to your boss and tell him you were falling ill so that you could leave early and return home to Donghae.

Once you got back to your city bus stop you quickly walked down the endless blocks and finally reached your house. As you approached the front door, you frantically dug through your purse trying to find your keys, and once you did you swiftly flung the door open.

"Oppa! Eodiseo?!" you called as you kicked of your black heels, but there was no response. You flung your purse onto the couch in the living room as you begin to pace throughout the house hoping you'd bump into him...but you didn't.

Oh my gosh, where did he go?!?

He told you just last night that he was intent on spending the entire morning relaxing at home since he rarely gets enough sleep as it is so when you walked into your house empty at noon, you begin to worry. As you walked towards your back door that led to your garage, you noticed the doorknob lightly jiggling. You squinted your eyes with perplexity, unable to believe your own eyes when suddenly the door swung open and in staggered Donghae, at least what appeared to be Donghae. You honestly couldn't tell by the amount of boxes he was lugging in his arms. You quickly ran up to him with yearning glossing your eyes.

"...Oppa?" you questioned staring in confusion at all the boxes that blocked his entire upper body.
"Omo! _____-ah! Ahh you're not supposed to be here! This was supposed to be a surprise!" he pouted from behind the stack of cardboard boxes.
"Eh? Surprise?"
That was the last thing you ever expected from him, after the way you treated him in the morning.

 

"Yeah...I drove over to the supermarket to get you that coffee you really like. I asked one of the employees if it was okay if I bulk-purchased and he said it was fine so here I am!"

Your jaw dropped as you took a closer look at the boxes in Donghae's hand. All the them shared the same logo that was printed on your favorite bottle of French vanilla coffee which left you utterly speechless.

"b-b-but I thought you wanted to relax this morning" you managed to stutter still in shock over Donghae's unexpected notion.
"I thought I was too" he chuckled lightly. "But I don't think it's possible for me to relax when my ______-ah is upset with me" he mumbled sadly. 

You could not believe you had made him so upset to the extent that he thought he needed to make it up to you. If anything you felt like you were the one who needed to make it up to him for being such a devil in the morning. You couldn't bear to hear his voice so tinted with sadness any longer. You swiftly knocked the boxes out of his hands, not even caring if they left scratches on your hardwood floor as they pounded against it. With Donghae finally relieved of the weight that ached his arms, you immediately crashed your body against his burying your face into his soft shirt.

"Why are you like this?" you mumbled against his firm chest as you felt his alluring cologne dance against your nostrils.

Donghae kept exchanging glances between you and the clutter of boxes that painted the floor.

"Omo! Did I get the wrong one?!" Donghae exclaimed in disappointment as you held your arms around his fit torso.
"Aniya~" you cooed holding him even tighter. "Its just that...I don't understand how you could treat me like this after how I snapped at you this morning."

You slowly lifted your head up from his chest and looked up at him with sorrow in your eyes.

"Mianhaeyo oppa~ You have no idea how sorry I am...I truly felt horrible today at work. I couldn't even concentrate on anything because all I could think about was you..."
"...me? ...not the coffee?" Donghae questioned whimsically.
"Aigoo!"

You lightly hit his shoulder as a result of his ridiculous question.

"Forget about the coffee oppa...it's not important to me. Only you are" you replied smiling up at his face.

Donghae then sank his arms around your waist and pulled you towards him, eliminating whatever gap even existed. He looked down at you with a soft warm expression on his face as he tucked your hair behind your ear.

"______-ah, you mean the world to me...I hope I make you feel that way" he said caressing your cheek with the fine warmth of his hand. "When I saw you storm out of here  this morning I couldn't help but feel at fault and I wanted to fix it."

"There was nothing to fix, trust me, except for maybe my rude and snappy attitude. Oppa, I am truly sorry... I never meant for you to feel at fault for anything" you replied holding his soft hand against your cheek. "And you certainly didn't have to do any of this!" you laughed as your eyes shifted towards the mess of boxes piled on the floor. "But...the fact that you went through all of this because of me makes me love you even more...komowayo oppa." You stood up on your tippy toes and gently pecked him on his velvety lips as his eyes twinkled with delight.

"_____-ah saranghae" he whispered tenderly before lacing your fingers with his.
"I love you too oppa." You squeezed his hand tightly as both of you looked at the boxes scattered on the hardwood floor.
"Aigoo~ I better clean this up" you sighed exhaustedly, but Donghae quickly pulled you back into his arms.
"Oh no you don't...you lied to your boss just to see me didn't you?" he asked with a proud smirk on his face.

You giggled in his arms as he kept his eyes glued to your blissful face.

"Keke~ so what if I did?"
"Well if you left work early just to come home to me then we should have some fun" he replied in an enticing husky tone as he played with your silky hair.
"Hmm you're right we should" you stated in agreement as you sneakily snuck out of Donghae's embrace. "But you'll have to catch me first!"

With that you jumped over the mound of boxes and ran away looking back at Donghae's dumbfounded look.

Aish this girl...I'm not letting her off easy this time~


That's right ELFish, don't let iced coffee get in between you and Donghae LOL. However if it ends like this then maybe it's okay HAHA

To all ELFish and ELFs the comments box is awaiting you ;)

That means you too you!!!!