So That's The Girl You Love

So That's The Girl You Love

 

My story started when I was forced to take a major that I’m totally not into. My parents said that I’m too young to value knowledge that in the end shall help me succeed in my life. So I grew fond of the subjects and somehow fell in love with it. I’m graduating in a few months and so my college stated that they’ll be sending me and my collegues worldwide for an exchange program. It sounded fun but somehow I’m a bit afraid.
 
People keep on saying that we’ll have this thing called culture shock. I just hoped that they won’t send me far from home. At last, it was the day that they’ll announce our destinations. Some of my friends got the west countries. In the other hand, I was only sent to Japan which is next to Korea. 
 
Eventhough, it’s quite near I’m still feeling the nervousness while boarding the plane. All of my friends are talking about the trip. They were filled with enthusiasm. I was sure about that. I mean just look at their faces. Some of them are laughing out loud. Some are grinning and there are even a few of them who won’t stop rolling like a buffalo. Even the stewardess can’t keep up with the situation. I just looked out of the window, enjoying the beautiful night sky. There were no stars that I could barely see. It’s the city after all. 
 
Later we arrived safe and sound. I grabbed my bags and our instructor managed to calm us down and started to explain about things. I was swept away by my thoughts that I wasn’t paying any attention on the instructor. I can ask my friends later anyway.
 
I said my goodbyes to my friends since we’ll be seeing each other in two months time. I met my foster family. They were being really nice to me since they have no daughter. They raised their 3 sons perfectly but all of them are away. The youngest went study abroad and the other 2 were married so they live separately. The house was rather quite so now I know why the Satoshi family volunteered to be in the exchanged program.
 
The next day, we had our breakfast. My foster-mother, Maki cooked us Japanese style breakfast. I was reluctant to eat at first but then I taste a bit and quickly fell in love with it. The texture and taste was somehow a bit different from Korean cuisine. I loved it.
 
My foster-father, Kawamura sent me off to college where my exchange program was held. The university was rather big and looked kinda expensive. Maybe the elites went here. I can speak fluent Japanese so I thank him.
“___?” Kawamura called after me when I wanted to get off the car.
I turned around and waited for him to continue his sentence.
“Tomorrow you’ll be coming here on your own by using the train. Remember what I taught you during breakfast just now?” he stated.
I nodded and gave a quick smile. He wanted me to be independent. I get it. I got out of the car and walked towards the main entrance. I looked around for directions to the auditorium. I can speak Japanese but it’s pretty hard for me to read. Hiragana and Katakana are quite tolerable but when it comes to Kanji then I’m totally defeated. I’m beginning to sweat as I don’t know where to go. I looked around to ask for directions from people who passes by there was none.
 
“Need any help?” a voice startled me from the back. I almost jumped at the voice but managed to control myself and turned around slowly.
There he was standing with a pleasant smile on his face that would swept any girl of her feet. I couldn’t say a word as I was totally mesmerized by his good looks. He clears his throat and somehow I snapped out of my hallucinations. 
“Well yeah, I was wondering where is the auditorium.” I answered his question earlier.
“Are you ___, the exchange student from Korea?” he questioned again.
I nodded.
“Please, come this way. I was expecting you. I didn’t think that you would be here earlier than me.” He laughed a bit. Even his laughs sounded attractive. Alright. This is not the time for me to think about this matter.
“I’m so sorry. I’m being rude. I haven’t introduce myself yet” he stopped and looked at me.
“I’m Takuya Terada. I would be your help around here and please do call me Takuya. Don’t be so polite. I wanna make friends with you so yeah..” his sentence ended awkwardly. I just couldn’t help myself but to smile.
“I’m..” I couldn’t finish my sentence as Takuya cut me off with “I know who you are.”
So I just nodded and we continued our walk towards the auditorium with a few small talks.
 
Japanese people are really great at treating a foreign student like myself. They keep on saying that I look like a Japanese. I laughed at their statement so I told them about myself being half Korean and half Japanese. My mother was Japanese and I resembles her a lot.
 
Days later, I got myself used to the place in no time. People around me are so kind that I have no time to feel nervous or shy whatsoever.
 
It was our free time when suddenly a guy named Toma asked us to meet up at the garden behind the university. We have nothing else better to do so we just followed him.
“Alright, let’s play a game!” Toma announced as we arrived at the garden.
“What type of game?” Matsura asked.
“About that… I’m not exactly sure and that’s why I asked all of you to gather here. A game that’s thrilling and fun” Toma stated.
“Baka! (Stupid)” I shouted happily at him while giggling.
All of them laughed hard and then the situation went quite when Shin raised his hands in order to make the crowd go silent.
“How about.. truth or dare?” Shin asked impatiently.
People looked at each other and all of us decided to try it out. They keep on giving weird dares and asking stupid truths. They were so hilarious that I couldn’t stop cracking up. 
Later it was Takuya’s turn and Shin was the one to ask him.
“Truth or dare?” Shin demanded.
“Dare” Takuya said it boldly making all the people “wohh” all of a sudden.
Shin didn’t say anything at first as he was thinking of a dare and then he said “I dare you to kiss the girl whom you love”.
The crowd went wild and the guys were making kissy sounds while the girls just giggled. 
Takuya smiled shyly and said “I’ll do it in front of you later Shin after I build up my courage.”
Shin agreed and the game ended there.
Days passed and it almost a month now since I started living here. I was walking at the hallway with my girls. We were talking about some random variety show we watched yesterday. One of us suddenly yelled “Shin-kun!” which caused me to startle. 
“OHOI !” Shin answered back with a quick yell.
Without me realizing Takuya was walking straight towards me from behind and quickly turned me around. Our eyes met. My body was not moving when he hold my arms tightly. I can’t guess what was he thinking as I looked at him. As I was drifted away into my thoughts, Takuya slowly crashed his lips onto mine. I wasn’t aware of what was happening. I was rather petrified. He caressed my back with his hands as his pulled me closer which made my mouth slightly open. He took the chance to slip his tongue in. 
 
The surroundings were filled with all types of sounds. I can barely think at the moment. My body was completely paralayzed. My brain was not functioning at all. I can’t send any instructions to my dumb brain.
 
Takuya pulled away softly and stopped halfway so that our foreheads meet. He closed his eyes and gulped. The people somehow went quite. Takuya slowly went to my right ear and whispered “be mine already”.
The crowd heard him and went crazy. Shin came to us running like a kid while screaming “so that’s the girl you love !”
“and your answer.. would be ?” Takuya implored.
I gave him a peck on the cheek and ran away.
“I’ll take that as a yes” Takuya smiled pleasantly and began running after me.