Bed Hog

Bed Hog (One Shot)

"Shin hyung!"

The said person didn't look up. He was busy reading this really good book, and it wasn't like it was hard to figure out who was calling him. After all, there was only one person in the dorm who had that noticeable of an accent.

"Yes Takuya?" He looked up at their Japanese member who was currently standing at the door of their room, a towel and a change of clothes in hand.

"I'm going to take a shower. Try not to hog the bed again ok?" He said with a smile and a playful glint in his eyes, but Shin knew he was serious. And honestly, he did feel guilty whenever he woke up to see Takuya curled up uncomfortably on the floor beside their bed. He didn't understand why the other didn't wake him up or just push him aside. That's what he would do if he was Takuya.

While the younger was in the shower, Shin tried his hardest not to fall asleep. He knew that he tended to move and take up more space than he needed once he finally decided to get some sleep...but it had been a tiring day for him and Takuya just happened to take really long showers. It wouldn't hurt to close my eyes just for a little bit. With that thought in mind, he allowed his heavy eyelids to flutter closed.


You have got to be kidding me. Takuya paused and stared in slight disbelief at the sight in front of him. Shin had draped himself across their entire bed, long limbs sprawled all over the place. Well, it wasn’t like it hadn’t happened before. With a sigh, he grabbed the pillow that Shin’s face wasn’t buried in and threw it on the floor before heading to Casper and Sangmin’s shared room.

The room was dark as its occupants were already sound asleep and Takuya tried his best to be quiet as he crept across the room to grab a blanket. He honestly had no idea why those two had so many of them, but it sure did come in handy in times like this. Closing the door gently behind him, he walked back into his room. He situated himself on the hard wooden floor, covering himself with the blanket and slowly drifted off into sleep despite the uncomfortable surface he was currently lying on.


“Shin hyung wake up! Breakfast is ready and we have to leave for the practice room in around an hour so hurry up.” Shin groaned as he felt someone shaking his shoulder rather violently.

“Leave me alone Yongseok.” He mumbled, not really caring whether or not the other could understand him.

“Fine, but if you’re not up in five minutes, I’m getting Casper hyung to drag you out.”

Shin let out a grunt in response, waiting for the sound of footsteps retreating indicating that Yongseok was leaving, but the other started to talk again, just not to him this time.

“Takuya hyung! Wake up!” At the mention of the Japanese member’s name, Shin immediately sat up, looking around him. He was alone on the bed. Oh God not again. Scrambling to lean over the side of the mattress, he saw Yongseok all but screaming into the ear of the tall Japanese man who had once again slept on the floor.

“Mmmm,” Takuya groaned as he stretched, feeling his bones creak in protest. “I’m up, I’m up. I'll be there in a few minutes” Once Yongseok had left, probably to go eat, Takuya slowly stood up and looked at Shin with a sleepy smile. “Good morning Shin hyung! Did you sleep well last night?”

“Terada Takuya you pabo, baka, I don’t even know what to call you.” Shin’s eyes were set in a disapproving glare. “I should be asking you that. Next time, just wake me up or something ok?” The other only hummed in response as he walked out the door following the scent of food that had wafted into their room. Shin huffed before following him into the kitchen.


“Are you sure you’re alright hyung?” JG asked for what seemed to be the hundredth time after their leader grimaced in pain yet again.

“I’m fine JG, I promise. I guess I just wasn’t made to sleep on the floor.” Takuya jokingly replied with a bright grin, but it only made the maknae of the group frown even deeper.

“Hyung, why don’t you sleep in our room? Yongseok and I don’t take up that much space, so I’m sure we could fit another person.” This time it was Takuya who frowned.

“JG-ah, your room is already pretty small for two people. It would be too tight of a squeeze. Besides, I’m used to it, so don’t worry ok?”

“Well you shouldn’t be used to it, and you wouldn’t be if Shin hyung would just learn how to sleep like a normal person! You always leave him plenty of room whenever you go to bed before him, so why can't he just do the same? Is it really that hard!?” JG shouted.

“Gao Jia Ning.” Casper said in a warning tone as he stole a few glances at Takuya who had set his concerned gaze on Shin who was staring down at the floor. He continued to say something else in Chinese that none of the other members understood except for JG, who immediately responded, a scowl forming on his face. As their conversation went on, JG eventually calmed down until he was no longer angry, but Shin still felt even more guilty than ever. He needed to do something, but what could he do?


“Shin hyung!”

The said person didn't look up. He was busy reading this really good book, and it wasn't like it was hard to figure out who was calli-ok who was he kidding? He didn’t look up because he couldn’t find the courage to. He pretended he hadn’t heard the other and continued to read…well until something rather heavy jumped on him.

“Shin hyuuuuung! Why are you ignoring me?” Takuya whined with a pout. Shin didn’t reply. “I’m going to take a shower alright? We have to wake up early tomorrow, so get some rest hyung. When I get out, I expect you to be sound asleep and taking up the entire bed like always ok?” At that, Shin finally looked at the other, frustration and guilt shining in his eyes as Takuya continued to speak. “And don’t worry about what JG said alright? I don’t mind sleeping on the floor so just go ahead and make yourself comfortable.” Takuya said with that same smile he always wore before gathering his stuff and heading to the bathroom.

“Takuya wait!” Shin yelled, but the other was already gone. Aish, this kid. Shin settled back down when a sudden thought hit him.  If the problem was that he took up the entire bed, why not sleep somewhere else other than the bed? With a wide grin on his face at the solution he had come up with, Shin raced out the door to Casper and Sangmin's room.


Takuya stepped out of the bathroom, ruffling his damp hair with his towel as he walked. He made a quick stop by Casper and Sangmin's room to grab a blanket so he wouldn't have to do it later, sighing as he did so. He really wished Shin wouldn't worry about the whole bed issue so much. In Takuya's opinion, Shin had nothing to be guilty about when he was the busiest member out of all of them, what with the drama filmings in addition to the group promotions.

Still deep in his thoughts,  Takuya shoved the door to his room open with his shoulder, tossing the blanket to the ground without a second thought. A muffled groan sounded throughout the otherwise silent room, making him instinctively look at the bed, but Shin wasn't there. Huh? Another groan. He directed his attention to the floor, eyes blinking rather quickly at the sight before him. A still sleeping Shin was lying on the ground, the blanket Takuya had just thrown covering part of his face. A smile crept onto his face as he leaned down to scoop the older up in his arms, careful as to not to wake him up.

"And you call me the pabo." Takuya chuckled to himself, setting Shin down gently on their bed before lying down beside him. Lazily wrapping an arm around the other, he slowly drifted off to sleep, but unfortunately he didn't get all the way there when a sleepy voice rang out.

"Takuya?" Shin rubbed his eyes, cheeks slowly turning red when he realized Takuya's arm was around him. Thankfully, it was too dark for the other too notice.

"Just go to sleep hyung. It's already two, and I'm tired." Takuya mumbled.

"But...you always sleep on the floor for me. Why can't I do the same for you?" Shin asked him, a pout starting to form on his lips.

"Because I don't want you to. You're my favorite hyung and I don't want you to be uncomfortable because of me. Besides, isn't sleeping like this with me much more enjoyable? You know you like it hyung." Takuya sang in a teasing tone, laughing when Shin pushed him away and scooted to the other side of the bed, denying what Takuya had just said. That only made the younger laugh even more. "Awww hyung why'd you leave. Come back here. Please? I'm cold." He playfully whined, only to get a haughty no in reply, but seconds later, he found Shin once again snuggling into his chest.

"Don't you dare take this the wrong way Terada Takuya. I'm only doing this because I'm cold too." Shin defended himself. Takuya only smiled and wrapped his arm tightly around the other in response. As long as he got to hold him like this, Takuya didn't really care what the reason was. And with that, the two finally drifted into the sweet land of dreams.


The next morning, Shin groggily opened his eyes, smiling when he saw Takuya sleeping a few inches away from him, arm still wrapped around his waist. He felt warm, and much more relaxed than he had been in a while. Studying the Japanese man in front of him, Shin brushed a few stray hairs out of the other's flawless face when something caught his attention. Next to his pillow was a piece of paper.

Yah Terada Takuya! My blankets do not appreciate being thrown on the floor. They have feelings toooooo~ Do it again, and I'm not letting you use them, not even if you have to sleep outside. Kekeke I'm just kidding.

~Casper ^^

Shin chuckled. If he got to wake up like he did this morning every day, then Casper could keep his blankets for himself.

"Hyung?" Takuya sleepily called out, rubbing his eyes, making Shin laugh. Cute. "What are you reading?"

"Nothing Takuya. Now get up, it's already six." He smiled when the other nodded and slowly climbed out of bed to go get ready.

Yeah, Takuya definitely wouldn't be needing any of Casper's blankets, not if Shin had anything to do with it.