Reunion

Survive or Die

 

There was a beautiful and stunning woman walking in a shopping mall. She was wearing red 3 inch Versace heels, a red blouse, white Channel jacket, black skinny jeans and a pair of black Channel sunglasses. She waltzed into a shop which read 'Mementos'.  She went to a shelf and inspected the things they were selling. As she was deep in thought, her cell phone suddenly rang, surprising the latter. She scrambled for her phone and after a few more rings, she finally managed to fish it out of her handbag.

 

            "Hello?", voice slightly irritated from her struggle moments ago. "Yeonnie! Where the heck are you?!" the voice boomed from the phone, making the latter, once again, jump.

 

I gotta stop doing that.

 

"I'm at Mementos. You know the one at COEX." she replied.

"Umm... why?"

"Don't you remember? Next month's his birthday..." her voice trailed off.

"Oh right, I forgot. Anyways, that's not the reason I called." Jiyeon hummed in response, assuring her friend that she was listening. Two dolls caught her eye and she smiled, already knowing her choice.

 

"Did you check Facebook?"

"Minnie! Just because I bought the iPhone 4, doesn't mean that I'm online 24/7!" feeling her anger rising as her friend was beating around the bush.

"No, wait, don't tell me. Gikwang caused problems? Sungjong proposed to Tiffany? No, Taesung's gone crazy?!"

"No, no and surprisingly, no. Sungjong's making a reunion."

 

What. The. Hell.

 

"Haha, very funny. Now seriously, what is it?" she faked a laugh.

"No. I'm serious this time. He suggested it."

"Okay. Now I'm confused. Since when he was the one giving brilliant ideas?”

"Since the accident?"

 

    There was a slight pause. Both of the girls' lips started to curve upwards and formed smiles which finally broke out into hysterical laughters. Jiyeon wiped the tear that formed from laughing too hard and heavy breaths were heard as they calmed down.

 

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Haha... Oh, before I forget, the whole class is having dinner tomorrow. Soohyun's buying."

"Wow, he's buying? Heck yeah I'm going!"

"Yeah, got that right. 8 o'clock tomorrow, the usual place."

"How 'bout Eunjung and Soyeon? Are they coming?"

"Yeah. They just got back from the UK."

 

    She looked at her watch and decided on the two dolls. She grabbed them and went hunting for the counter. Her eyes lit up after spotting one.

 

"Hmm... okay. I have to go. See you tomorrow."

"Bye girlfriend." Hyomin mimicked an uptight diva tone and they both laughed.

“Catch you later!”

 

   She hung up and placed her phone back in her handbag. She placed two dolls on the counter. It was a Kitten and Puppy plushie, part of the couple collection."

 

"How much?"

"₩ 50,000."

"Here."

 

   She handed him a ₩100,000. After receiving back her change, she took the two dolls and went to her car. She started the engine and sped onto the busy road, heading to her house.

   Once she got there, she put her things on the kitchen counter and called someone. After a few rings, the line picked up.

 

“Hello?"

"Junggie! I miss you so much!" she squeled in delight.

"Shut up! You're gonna make me go deaf! Just now she screamed and now you? Oh God, help me!"

“She?"

"Hyomin."

"Ohh..." she nodded her head in understanding.

"You know, if you’re nodding your head right now, I won't be able to see it." she said, stating the obvious.

 

   She blushed out of embarrassment. Her friends could read her like a book. Well, only the close ones that is.

 

" Sorry. What about I treat you and Soyeon for dinner as compensation?"

“Sounds good. Where?"

"My place. What do you want to eat?"

 

    Eunjung placed a hand under her chin and it, thinking of an answer. As if there was a light bulb above her head, it lit up. She snapped her fingers.

    

"Tart with ganache and fresh raspberries."

"Junggie! You know I can't cook Australian food!" she complained.

"But you live near an Australian Restaurant. Just order takeaway." she said, defending herself.

"Okay, I'm gonna go after this."

"Wait, Soyeon said she'd like Golden Crab with a side of squash salad."

"She's with you?"

"Yeah, but she's sleeping."

"But... then... how did you know what she wanted?"

"I read her mind. No, seriously, she was mumbling something in between eating crab and salad."

 

She smirked. Her friends were impossible.

 

"Haha, okay then. Meet you at say... 8?"

"Sounds good. Okay, got to go. Bye."

"Bye."

 

She hung up and decided to invite Hyomin as well.

 

 

*DING! DONG!*

 

 

Jiyeon went to the door and looked through the eyehole. She smiled and opened the door.

 

 

“Girls!”

“Hey!”

 

    She ushered the three of them inside. Hyomin and Eunjung took the initiative to sit on her luxurious couch while Soyeon found the floor more appealing. She joined her friends on the couch.

 

“So, is it true?” Eunjung asked.

“About the reunion? Yeah.” Hyomin answered, simply.

“I still can’t believe he suggested it.” Soyeon thought out loud.

 

    Hyomin rolled her eyes while Eunjung kept quite. Jiyeon though, decided to speak up.

 

“I mean, com’on! He said it in pure maturity. I quote, “Hey guys, what about we make a reunion? We barely meet each other anymore. We’re all busy with work and I miss you guys! P/S Tiff’s been nagging me about having a reunion.”

 

“You know, he has a point. But since he got involved in the accident, he’s changed a lot right?” Eunjung said.

“Yeah, it was so bad that he was in a coma for months! Luckily he’s okay.”

“Yeah, very lucky. He was so thankful that he held a party every year. Sadly, we couldn’t come because of our stupid jobs!”

 

   The three girls nodded in agreement.

 

“But his memory’s fine.”

“His luck.”

“Guys, talking bout him is fun and all, but aren’t you hungry?” Hyomin started to whine.

“Sorry. Let’s eat!” Jiyeon clapped her hands and they enjoyed the mouth-watering dishes.

 

 

 

   Soohyun’s fuming face was staring directly at Eunjung and was practically burning holes. She nervously smiled at him.

 

“Sorry?”

“You guys were an hour late! I get it, you stayed abroad for two years and can’t remember the streets of Seoul anymore. Right?”

 

She nodded apologetically and replied a simple “Yes.”

 

      After another piercing glare from him, Eunjung followed by Soyeon, Boram, Hwayoung, Dani, Sunny and Bomi joined the others at the table.

 

“So, can we start now?” Soohyun asked.

 

Everyone nodded.

 

“Based on what SJ said, can everyone participate?” Soohyun asked, suddenly taking charge of the meeting.

“Yes.” everyone chorused.

“Where are we going? The States?” Taesung interrupted.

“Shut up!”

“Fine.” he replied feeling like a kicked puppy.

“So, where are we going?” Jongup asked.

“How about the forest? I need to do a research on a new type of species.” Dongwoon suggested.

“Sounds fun! Where?” Hyomin asked.

“Costa Rica!” Eunjung and Jiyeon said in unison.

“Monte Carlo?” Tiff guessed.

“Paris?” Jessica guessed.

“The species can only be found in Costa Rica.” said Dongwoon.

“How did you guys know?” Tiff asked.

“Pshh! Lucky guess!” Yongguk snickered.

“Yah!” Jiyeon shouted.

 

“No fighting you two.” Soyeon, being the umma since years ago, decided to quite down the two.

 

Gikwang cut in and asked a question instead.

 

“Well, it’s a good idea. So, we’re going camping?”

“Fine with me.” Eunjung said.

“I’m in.” Hyomin said, excitedly.

“Me too.” Naeun said.

 

“So, everyone agrees?” Soohyun asked for confirmation.

“Agreed.”

“When?” Bomi interrupted.”

“We’ll go this Friday and come back in a weeks’ time.” Tiffany suggested.

“That’s not a bad idea.” Jongup commented.

“We’re fine with it.”

“We have to divide the tasks then.” Jangwoo said.

 

“Okay guys. You heard the doc! Who has tents?”

 

   After a moments’ silence, Soohyun turned to the person next to him.

 

“Junggie?”

“That’s not mine. It’s the company’s.”

“It’s yours!”
“Fine.” she said, giving up.

“I’ll bring sixteen camping tents, 4 canopies, kitchen utensils...” she typed on her smart phone.

 

“Okay, that’s settled. Food?” Soohyun questioned.

“Girls will take care of it. You guys bring the cutlery and anything else for the trip.” Hyomin spoke on behalf of the girls.

“I’ll bring my laptop!” Taesung exclaimed with a little too much enthusiasm.

“Are you crazy?!” the boys questioned.

“Why would you bring your laptop? It’s not like you’ll get any service. Just bring your iPod.” Doojoon suggested.

“You’re practically doing shameless advertising here.” Qri stated.

“So?” he crossed his arms and pouted.

“What are we gonna do with you Tae?” Sunggyu said with his head hung low.

“Fine. I’m wrong again.” Taesung said in a melancholy tone.

 

   The scrumptious food had finally arrived at their table. Some were sipping, some were eating and others were still engaged in the long-awaited trip.

 

“What are we gonna bring?” Ahreum asked.

“Marshmallow.” Bomi replied.

“Yummy!” Hyomin squealed in delight.

“Chicken!” Naeun said.

“Yummy!”

“Fish!” Jaekyung took a turn at it.

“Yummy!”

“Roasted snake!” Gikwang said.

“Yummy! What?! Eww!” she shrieked.

 

   Some of them choked on their food and drinks over the peculiar suggestion.

 

“Kwanggie!!!” she yelled at her boyfriend who just sat there, grinning innocently.

 

   Everyone broke out into laughter, the awkward but cute couple indeed.

 

~

HEY!!

image

First chapter's up!

image

image

Whatcha think of it? Give me comments and your love..

tumblr_mb0ddl01SI1rvv4qro1_250.gif

Love chuu~

image

crystals97

(Kang Hara, Jang Soo Min, Jung Da-eun, Park Jikyeon, Kim Min Hee, Yoon Ga-byeol)

"With all six, we are complete."