Part 1

My very last Christmas

 

The sky were surrounded by gray clouds, the heavy rain is pouring, slightly tapping on your window and wakes you up. You yawned and stretched yourself up, half smiling and enjoying the sound of rain tapping your window. You really loved the winter. For some reason at this time of the year you were the happiest person alive.  You got up from your bed, feeling a little dizzy yet you kept walking toward your window. You lifted the half-closed shutters, reaching your hand out and feeling the rain tapping on your fingers. You gazed into the grey sky as the cold wind lightly blew on your face. You could actually feel your smile growing, the first rain since the last winter… You could officially say summer was over. You got out of your room making your way through the hallway to the kitchen, thinking to yourself that a glass of hot cocoa can really fit right now; you reached to the fridge door and bended over to take out the milk. as you straightened yourself up you felt a sharp pain in your forehead, before you even noticed you collapsed on the floor. luckily your mother got back home few minutes after you collapsed, who knows what would've happen if she weren't there.
 
 
You woke up after few hours and you weren't at home, you didn't wear your pajamas anymore. You find yourself in a hospital, connected to a lot of beeping equipment, you were still a bit sleepy and you didn't remember how you got there, all you could think about was that hot cocoa you were about to make. You slowly opened your eyes and felt your mom's hand lightly your face
"Good morning sunshine' " she said with a soft voice and a warm  smile on her face, you looked at her with your half closed eyes, half smiling "w-where am I, what am I  doing here ? " you asked weakly. "you passed out" she answered and then paused for a minute and kissed your forehead before she continued "the doctors said its nothing, it just seems like you're missing some sleeping hours" she gave you that judging look of her, she knew how much you hated it.
 "I told you, you should sleep instead of staying in front of the computer all night" she said with half smile yet you could see she's a bit mad and you knew its your fault. She did tell you it'll happen eventually. you just nodded "well, I better leave you for now.. its already 11pm and the visiting hours are about to be over so I'll leave you for now, sleep tight" she smiled and kissed your forehead once again "I'll see you in the morning" she waved at you from your room's door, you smiled back at her and closed your eyes, immediately falling asleep.
 
 
You woke up once again by the rain tapping on the hospital room's window. you smiled widely, feeling stronger than yesterday. Your mom was already there waiting for you to wake up, she smiled brightly at you 
"good morning, have you slept well dear?" you aligned your back against the pillow and smiled back at her "good, really good actually... Maybe I should stay here " You joked and your mother lightly giggled "Now stop being silly and dress up, they're letting you go today, though they've told us the blood tests they took while you were sleeping will come back in few days… but until then, why wont we go home and enjoy a good movie with popcorn?" she offered you, you quickly nodded an jumped off the bed, grabbing your clothes and changing in quickly, after you were done changing you and your mom went out of the hospital, waving goodbye and hoping you wont have to come back in the near future, well at least not while it's winter, you wanted to cherish every single second of it. 
While making your way home you got a phone call from your two best friends who heard of what happened, they wanted to make sure you're good now and invited you for a sleep over, "celebrating" your release from the hospital, of course you agreed; You knew what celebrating with them means, a lot of food and k-pop! Which you guys always adored. You asked your mom to put off your plans for now, your mother agreed and you just couldn't be happier. 
 
It was about 7pm now, you started getting ready for the sleep over, packing your tooth brush and some fresh clothe for the next day.
"goodbye mom, I'll see you tomorrow" you smiled and waved at her from the door, she waved back and you got out of the house, making your way to your friend's house which was located few blocks away from you. While getting down the stairs you felt dizzy again but you just ignored it and kept walking toward your friend's house, as you got to his house, your friend Joe and the other friend Tiffany was already there, waiting for you with cake, balloons and everything. You gasped and dropped of your things, you jumped happily, hugging them.
 "You guys are like… the best friends ever!" you said with a huge grin on your face.
 After their warm welcome you guys just enjoyed the rest of the night singing and dancing awkwardly to k-pop which you loved so much, sharing dreams and fantasies about it… just doing what you guys always do. It was about 4am now and you guys had enough, you decided you better go to sleep. A loud Storm went outside this time, you couldn't fall asleep because of the rain tapping loudly on the window and the thunders which was really loud and in addition to everything you had too many thoughts.
 You sighed and decided to have a drink. You got off bed and got yourself something to drink from the kitchen, in your way back to the room you shared with Tiffany, you suddenly heard someone calling your name; you turned around and noticed Joe who was sitting on the couch. You decided to get closer to him and sat by his side 
"Having a hard time sleeping?" he asked you with a smile, you just nodded and took another sip from your water "too many thoughts huh?" He looked up at you and you just nodded again 
"Mind sharing?" He offered "nothing special… just thinking, and that rain doesn't help me too much... how about you?" You looked at him "its nothing I'm fine" he smiled lightly and scratched the back of his head "you know you can tell me right?" You smiled at him and playfully punched his shoulder "of course… just take care eh? We don't want you to get in the hospital again, so you better go sleep" He smirked and punched you back lightly. You giggled and stood up, making your way back to the bed "good night Joe …" You got back to your bad and placed the water on the drawer, You laid down and closed your eyes before you noticed you fell asleep.
 
 
you woke up  around 2pm, still feeling really tired since you haven't got a lot of sleep. Your mom called and asked you to come back home, your blood test results were back and the doctor asked to meet you as soon as possible. You were sure it was nothing, but your mother panicked and you felt like its your fault getting into this from the first place, so you agreed and told her you'll be home in fifteen minutes. 
You woke Tiffany up and she was still pretty sleepy "guys I have to go, I'll see you later?" they both nodded, still half sleeping and waved for goodbye. Before going out you asked Tiffany for a pill to help your headache, since it started aching again. You assumed it's just the changing of the weather or something simple as that. As you arrived home your mother was waiting for you down the stairs, holding a coat "here wear this and lets go" she exclaimed and passed you the coat. You wore it without having too many options and started walking toward the clinic.
 You didn't wait too much before the doctor told you to come in, by this time you got pretty nervous, the atmosphere in the room was stressful and quiet, no one talked. The doctor and your mother was just exchanged glances like something really bad happened
 "S-so...should we…" before you were done talking, the doctor stopped you and began "well, there isn't really a simple way to say that" he stood up and looked at the list with the results, you looked at him confused and then at your mother who was already crying. 
"w-what is going on?" you didn't know what to think anymore and before you could say something else the doctor continued "Well, by looking at these" he stopped again and took a deep breathe "you're dying, It seems like you have only few month left, I'm sorry "he finally sat down and wiped a tear running down on his face, leaving you speechless. At that point your mother was already crying loudly it looked like she was going faint.
 And you… you just sat there speechless, without any expression on your face just looking like a zombie trying to digest what you were just announced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N/A: if you want the second and the last part comment or something :3