The Meeting, The Farewell

Three Hours of Love

EXO-M finally succeeded to let themselves out of the chaos in the lobby of the airport and finally reached the waiting room. The look on their faces were still slightly annoyed and tired. That was how you felt after being tossed, squeezed, and grabbed by thousands of fangirls. It was actually relief how they could make their way into the waiting room in one piece.

The waiting room wasn’t as crowded as the lobby, though. People were busy with their own business, and didn’t quite pay attention to the 6 good-looking guys who were the source of the chaos in the airport recently. But, there were also some people who started to gasp when they realized who they just found right in front of their eyes eventhough their reactions weren't as crazy as the fangirls EXO-M found just now. But still, you couldn’t avoid how popular they were. Wherever they went, there were still eyes following them.

The members were still walking casually while chatting, well to be exact, complaining,

“Okay, that was so close. I thought I’ll pass out in the middle of the crowd. Seriously,” Chen said while trying to fan his face with the passport in his hands.

“Well, we’re still alive, though,” Luhan commented, panting heavily and drinking the mineral water in one gulp. He glanced at Lay, finding his face dazed and confused at the same time. “Dude, you’re okay?”

Lay stopped for 2 seconds and finally responded by nodding his head. Luhan rolled his eyes and continued to drink his water. He was Lay afterall, whenever he was happy, sad, confused, angry, or whatever, his face would only show the blank expression.

“Stop being so butthurt, guys. They were our fans, though. That was how they show their loves to us. Try to be grateful for Heaven’s sake,”  Kris as the leader, tried to calm the members eventhough he also hated how his face and body were touched by the fangirls. Hello, he spent lots of money for the facial and skin care every month.

“Love? LOVE?! Look at them, they touched my golden treasure and look look look, Kris Gege! My Gucci bag was scratched and oh my… I thought I saw it bleeding. Oh… my baby,” Tao exploded,  hugging his Gucci bag softly.

Xiumin rolled his eyes and flicked Tao’s forehead lightly, “Stop being a drama queen. You, magnae should grow up. And, in fact, I couldn’t find any scratches on the bag.”

Xiumin examined and clawed Tao’s bag to annoy him and found him screamed. Tao shoved the bag into his face,”You are the one who should grow up, Gege! You’re 22 years old, but your attitude is even worst than my 10 years old cousin.”

“At least, my face suits my baby-like attitude,” Xiumin stucked his tongue to Tao.

“Ha, my panda face is cuter, though.”

“No, my face is cuter! I AM BAOZI!” Xiumin pouted his cheeks, imitating Baozi.

“NO, PANDA IS CUTER!”

“BAOZI!”

“PANDA!”

The manager Gege found this was his time to separate this nonsense and unimportant bicker between both of them,”Okay, shut it, both of you. First, both of you are human, none of you are Baozi or Panda. Second, stop before you attract more attention here. And, third, just stop.”

Xiumin and Tao gazed away and pouted, shut their mouths since they knew how scary the manager Gege when he was angry. It was like the World War III finally happened. Luhan, Chen, and Kris rolled their eyes, trying not to laugh at how childish the oldest and the youngest member of EXO-M when they bickered like that. While in the other hand, Lay still put the blank expression on his face.

The manager Gege gave each of them their tickets,”Well, as I can see, our seats are not really close as usual. So, you guys better behave. Especially you, Xiumin. Stop ordering Baozi to the stewardess since this plane don’t have any on their menu,” the Manager Gege glared at Xiumin.

Xiumin gazed away and started to look at the shop across him who sell Baozi. He looked at the Manager Gege, and as the Manager Gege could read his mind, he shook his head. Xiumin felt his face fell and pouted again.

Manager Gege ignored him and continued while handing the tickets to each member,”Xiumin, Tao and Lay is seated in 10C, 10D, 10E. Kris and Chen is seated in 26A and 26B. While me.. I am seated in 20A. And you, Luhan, is seated in 5A. Well, you’re going to sit next to someone but I’ll make sure to change my seat next to you. Just to make sure, you won’t be seated next to crazy fangirl.”

Luhan nodded. He actually found him seating next to someone wasn’t a big fuss. But being a manager, he must be over-protective to Luhan since it was his job to make everyone in EXO-M safe.

EXO-M gave their tickets to be checked by the officer and walked into the plane. They were on their way back to South Korea from China to perform in the year-end shows with EXO-K. After long time being separated with them, they finally had chance to perform together as one, as EXO.

As they walked into the plane, all of them tried to find their seats. Luhan found his seat, and found that his Manager Gege followed him behind. Luhan was slightly annoyed “Gege, I can find my seat by myself. Eventhough I look like a 10 years-old boy, I can take care of myself.”

“Not that I don’t believe you, Lu. But, like the last time I said, I will ask that person next to you to change her or his seat to me. Since my seat to yours are quite far, I think it’s better for me to seat here first, then ask him or her permission to change,” Manager Gege explained.

But, Luhan still didn’t seem to like his manager’s idea,”But I think, it’s better to ask his or her permission first rather than sitting here. And, maybe this person who sits next to me doesn’t like seat change. We’re talking about manner here, Gege.  ”

Manager Gege laughed a bit,” Why won’t they? We could just say you’re this popular EXO-M’s Luhan and everyone will agree to that.”

Luhan sighed and sat on his seat. He still didn’t like his manager’s idea but he wasn’t in the mood to argue with his manager. But he just knew in his heart, something would happen later.

***

Ladies and Gentleman, this is the final call for passengers of flight SK145 to South Korea----

“Damn it, arasso arasso! I’m on my freaking way into the plane!” Yoona interrupted the announcement, like she wished she could, and ran as fast as she could into the plane. She cursed her backpack which was quite heavy because of pile of homeworks she got from her Chinese literature lecturer. Despite of year-end holiday, her lecturer was still so mean to give the students tons and tons of homeworks.

Yoona finally reached into the plane, she sighed in relief when she found the stewardess smiled to her. She smiled back and tried to find her seat. She was still a bit annoyed how she almost missed her flight, though. She was so sure, she arrived at the airport on time. But since there was a big chaos in the lobby of the airport, it was so hard to let herself out of the crowd. She didn’t know what was going on. All she heard and saw was just swarm of girls screamed their lungs out. It wasn’t like she actually cared, though. The only thing she cared was to sit on her seat and enjoyed the rest of 3 hours flight before she stepped on her hometown again. (Since I have no idea about the flight hours, let’s just say the flight from China to Korea is 3 hours, okay XD)

“5B…. 5B…. Where are you…” Yoona mumbled to herself while her eyes searched the seat’s number.

She finally found her seat…… was seated by someone else. She checked her ticket once again, and she was sure she read 5B in her ticket. She glanced at the boy who sat on 5A, and he look quite familiar. She remembered seeing him on TV. What’s his name again, Lu…Lulu…Luppy….Lu….WHAT?! AH LUHAN!

Yoona remembered him in the group called EXO-M. It didn’t mean she was a fan of him, but she knew it through Sooyoung who was her roommate and happened to be a big fan of EXO-M. And yeah, being a roommate of crazy fangirl wasn’t actually delightful since Sooyoung always blabbered and showed Yoona everything about EXO-M or told Yoona to remember all of their names, eventhough Yoona already told Sooyoung how she didn’t have any interest of them.

But, she didn’t care about it now. Whoever he was or his friend who sat on her seat, she didn’t care. She knew the reason behind the chaos in the lobby of the airport just now which made her almost miss her flight, because of this boy and his gang. She was already pissed before, and she didn’t want her right to sit on her seat violated.

Luhan finally realized someone stared at him intensely. He looked beside him, and found a girl bit her lips while narrowing her eyes. For 5 seconds, Luhan was stunned how this girl looked. She was goddess-like with her hair untied and thin makeup. Luhan’s eyes were travelled to each part of Yoona’s face. Totally stunned. And, then his eyes reached hers. Her eyes were bright, but filled with annoyance and anger. By seeing those eyes, the reality brought Luhan back. Luhan blinked at Yoona, but Yoona didn’t find those eyes any cute like what his fangirls did.

Yoona broke the silence and tried to ask casually,”Excuse me, but isn’t that my seat?”

***

Both Luhan and Manager Gege looked at Yoona. Manager Gege knew that Yoona was quite bothered and found himself felt a bit taken aback, but he managed to pull a smile, “Hello, Miss. Yes, I think this is your seat, but can I ask you a favor to change your seat to me? Since I have to keep my eye on him. You know who he is, don’t you?” Manager Gege pointed at Luhan who tried to hide himself behind the safety tips booklet.

Yoona looked at both of them in disbelief. She took a deep breath and said,”And, Sir. Can you do me a favor, too?  Can you please go to your own seat and let me sit there?”

Luhan chuckled a bit, he found his Manager Gege frowned a bit. It was not usual that people would reject his offer to change seat. He should learn sometimes, Luhan thought.

The Manager Gege still didn’t admit to defeat,”But—“

“Look, I know who your friend is and I had so much trouble back then in the lobby of the airport because of your fangirls. I almost missed this plane for everything’s sake. So, let me repeat once again, I KNOW who you are and your friends are. But hey, guess what? I DON’T CARE. I bought the same ticket as you, and I have my right to sit on my seat. NOW,” Yoona felt her anger boiled and she tried to emphasize some words to make this dude go.

“Gege, just go. I didn’t want to attract attention, you know. And, I think I’m safe here,” Luhan finally talked and glanced a bit at Yoona.

Manager Gege frowned at Luhan, and he knew better not to create any attention in the plane. He finally moved his things and moved to his seat in silent.

Yoona sighed in relief and plopped herself in her seat. She was still quite pissed how that guy blabbered about who this guy next to him. Pfftttt Like I care. LIKE I CARE, DUDE.

Yoona blowed her bangs, and felt someone stared at her. She looked beside her and found Luhan stared at her like he just met an alien. Luhan found Yoona felt quite uncomfortable and blinked, “My name is Luhan. What’s yours?”

Yoona blinked at him, “Why do you want to know?”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Because I want to.”

“And, why should I tell you my name?”

“Because I know you will tell me.”

Yoona narrowed her eyes, “No, I don’t want to.”

Luhan smirked a bit, “So, I guess my first impression of you isn’t really good, though. Yelling at someone isn’t good, you know?”

Yoona stared at him in disbelief. Again. Yoona couldn’t believe this baby-like boy judge her like that. His mind is actually as narrow as 10 years-old boy though, even worst. But, something on her mind softened when Luhan stared at her again, waiting for her to answer.

“I’m Yoona. And, I wasn’t yelling, for your information. I was just trying not to punch your friend on the face.”

And the plane flew to the sky. Just like how both of them met each others’ eyes and felt like the cool air embraced both of their hearts.

***

Both of them fell in silent after Yoona said her name. Luhan wanted to ask more about her but he didn’t know how. He felt how Yoona was different from any other girl. Being surrounded by fangirls, he was astonished by how Yoona defended herself. He, himself even scared of his Manager Gege. But this girl in front of him didn’t really care as long as she thought she was right. She was interesting.

In the other hand, Yoona felt that she needed to apologize to him for what she just did to his friend. She wasn’t used to say sorry first, but she felt like she needed to say that word to him first. So, she opened ,”Look, I’m sorry. For… what I did to your friend. Well, damn it. He was a jerk. I’m sorry, but still…. Sorry.” Yoona muttered the last word and gazed away her eyes to the window beside her.

Luhan chuckled a bit, this girl must not used to say sorry, he thought,”Well, I’ll forgive you but under one condition.”

Yoona narrowed her eyes in disbelief. Like seriously?

Luhan didn’t wait for her answer, instead he continued, “Tell me about you.”

“What?” Yoona blinked her eyes in confussion.

“Yes, tell me about you, “ Luhan looked at her. He travelled her face again, the way her brows raised up, showing her confussion, it amused him somehow. “Anything.”

“Why?”

“You’re interesting,” Luhan blurted out. He didn’t know how to play with words, but he was being sincere when he said that. And, Yoona could see his sincerity with her own eyes. Despite of being offended, Yoona started to blurt everything about her to Luhan.

***

Yoona was the type of girl who was once she was told to open , she would find it really hard to shut it. That was how the situation now. Yoona blabbered everything about her and didn’t realized that she actually talked to Luhan for about 1 hour. Luhan seemed to enjoy that. Seeing her talking randomly, and how her eyes shone so brightly everytime she talked about something excited always made him fall for her even deeper.

She told Luhan about her childhood, about her interest in literature, how she liked to read books, about her first love in high-school, Kai whom she found out he was actually 4 years younger than her.

“So, you like younger guy,” Luhan felt like his hope were thrown from the sky to the ground, shattered into pieces.

Yoona thought a little bit,”I don’t know. I think I like boy without seeing his ages.”

Luhan felt himself smirked in joy, “So, what about me?”

Yoona rolled his eyes,”Don’t even hope. And, beside, I think you’re much younger than me.”

Luhan found this quite amusing,”How old am I do you think?”

“Hmm… 18 years old?”

Luhan tried to hold his laugh but failed, he continued to giggle crazily, leaving Yoona stared at him, confused,”What?”

Luhan stopped,”Seriously? 18 years old?”

Yoona nodded innocently while Luhan giggled again.

Yoona found it totally annoying and gazed away from Luhan while pouting her lips.

Luhan squealed in his heart watching the sight of cutie Yoona and waved his hands in front of Yoona’s face, “Miss, hello? Are you still there?”

Yoona still looked at the sky through the window beside her, completely annoyed.

Luhan chuckled,”I am 22 years old, anyway.”

Yoona looked at Luhan and widen her eyes, “YOU LIED!”

“No, I did not.”

“Yes, you did!”

“No, I did not. Should I really show you my passport?” Luhan reached his backpack to find his passport and handed it to Yoona.

Yoona grabbed it hesitantly and looked at the profile page. She handed it back to him still with wide eyes and stared at him, examining Luhan’s doll-like face. And then, Yoona said, “Seriously, what brand of BB cream do you use?”

***

Yoona spent another one hour listening to Luhan’s story about him because she pushed Luhan to. She said how she already had told him much, so he needed to payback. Not that Luhan complained, since he liked seeing how she would react to everything he said. Luhan never found himself talking to a girl so lightly like this. She is different.

“So, you said before you knew who I am?” Luhan said while looking at Yoona who read a novel peacefully.

Yoona nodded while focusing her eyes to every word in the novel, “Uhm..”

“Are you one of my fans?” Luhan smirked eventhough he knew her answer in his heart, no.

“Umm… What? No way! Pfffttt if I were your fans, I would just smile and gave your friend my seat happily, you know,” Yoona closed her book and looked at Luhan annoyingly.

“I was asking, just to make sure. That person was my manager, anyway.”

“Okay, whoever he is. I still don’t care, though. He was so annoying, uh,” Yoona yawned a bit, and found her eyes closed a bit.

“That is how he is. You can imagine me and my friends when—“ Luhan stopped when he felt something on her shoulder. He looked at his shoulder to find Yoona leaned on it, sleeping. He blushed a bit at the sight. He enjoyed the sound of her breath, it sounded melodic to him. He saw a few strand of hair in her face, he gently tucked it behind her ears. He didn’t know why he did that but he felt butterfly flies on his stomach.

He wondered how this girl managed to steal his heart in just 2 hours. And, he didn’t regret it at all.

***

Yoona opened her eyes slowly and yawned a bit. She regained herself and realized how Luhan’s face was just few inches from her. She even could feel his breath on her lips. Her cheeks pinked and she sat straight fastly to avoid getting closer to Luhan’s face again.

Luhan smirked,”Good morning, did you find my shoulder comfortable?”

Yoona muttered to herself,”Yeah, right.”

Luhan smirked even wider but he felt his heart fell again when he said,”30 minutes left until we arrive.”

Yoona looked at Luhan to find him staring at her softly. Her eyes softened at this sight and she felt herself couldn’t take her eyes off of Luhan, so did Luhan.

They just stared in silence for the next few minutes. They enjoyed the comfortable silence which connect their hearts. The silence spoke more than words in their thoughts. The silence spoke how both of them wished this flight could last longer.

***

The plane landed in South Korea. People started to grab their things and stood. But, both Yoona and Luhan still stayed at their seats. Finally, Yoona broke the silence, “Ah, here we are. Finally..” She gazed away and stood.

Luhan didn’t like this farewell at all, so did Yoona. They didn’t know when both of them could meet again, spent times talking like that, teasing each other. They just met for three hours, but they felt how both of them were connected like they were sort of best friend, or maybe more than that.

Luhan still sat on his seat, he looked at Yoona,”So bye?”

“Yeah.. Bye. It was well… nice talking to you.”

Luhan smirked,”You enjoyed it.”

Yoona sniffed, “Not that I mentioned I enjoyed it, Mister.”

Luhan smiled a bit, eventhough her reply wasn’t really good but he knew she enjoyed it by looking at her eyes. He wondered when he would see eyes as sincere as her.

“I hope we would meet again someday,”

Yoona stucked her tongue while making her way to the exit door, “No, I don’t.”

Luhan smiled while seeing her sight fading from his eyes. He looked to the empty seat beside him, finding how Yoona left her backpack under her seat.

He smirked,”We surely will meet again”

Luhan grabbed Yoona’s backpack and also his, he walked while smiling happily to the exit door.

***

Yoona walked out of the plane to the arrival room. All of the passengers should walk a bit to reach the room. She wondered why her heart felt empty. She never had this kind of feeling before eventhough she had gone through lots of flights before.

She reached her phone and turned it on. She stared at her phone blankly while walking to the room until someone tapped on her shoulder.

She looked to that someone, and saw Luhan smiling to her. Yoona sighed, but indeed she felt happy to see him again.

Yoona smirked,”You miss me already?”

Luhan chuckled while pointing at the pink backpack in his hand, “You don’t need this?”

Yoona blushed more and tried to grab the backpack, but Luhan shoved the backpack away from Yoona.

“Give it to me,” Yoona crossed her arms, trying not to punch this guy on the face.

“Under one condition,” Luhan blinked innocently.

“Not again….”

“Phone,” Luhan said, not waiting for her to answer.

Yoona blinked in confussion, “What?”

“Give me your phone.”

Yoona stared at Luhan, “Why would I, Mister?”

“Well, if you don’t want your backpack back… Okay,” Luhan pretended to walk away from Yoona, but she hold Luhan on his shoulder.

She groaned a bit and handed him her phone. Luhan started to type something on her phone and handed it back to her, “Call me.”

Yoona stared at her phone to find *Lu Han is added to your contact*

“Really?” Yoona waved her phone in front of his face and grabbed her backpack from Luhan’s hand.

“You will need it someday. Bye,” Luhan walked inside the arrival room while waving his hands to Yoona, leaving her alone.

That guy is seriously something. Yoona also walked inside the arrival room, trying to block the boy called Luhan walking inside her mind.

***

Yoona was in the bus. She was on her way to her house. She missed her family so much and started to think what her Mom cook for her today. Yoona looked at her phone and suddenly thought about what Luhan said to her before.

You will need it someday.

You will need it someday.

You will need—

After three times repeating the words finally something snapped Yoona’s mind. She ped her backpack again, again and again. And finally she realized something was missing. Her notebook. Her homework. She groaned in frustration and repeated the words “Damn it” for a lot of times.

She bit her lip, trying to hold her smile and muttered to herself, “Jerk.”


So, how was it? Tee hee.

This is my first time to write proper fanfic. I didn't know if this is good enough. So yeah, this is my attempt to nail it haha.

Maybe there are lots of grammar mistakes here since English isn't my first language TT

But feel free to comment, and thank you for reading <3333