Cracks Of A Broken Heart...

A Rose Among The Thorns...

(P/S: There will be another song in this chapter^^ Do hear it when you read to add more emotion to the chap... , thank you, and enjoy~)

***********************

 

Still in Yoseob's POV


"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hyunseung hyung?... It's me Yoseob... The thing is... Um..." - I tried to say but I just couldn't... - "...You know... It's..."

"Arasseo, Haewon right?"

"N...nae? Ah... nae..." - I admitted.

"At least you should figure out what you might want to ask me before calling huh?" - He chuckled.

"I've never been in a situation like this hyung~!" - I whined.

"So you know now? Your feelings?"

"Nae. And I really don't know what to do next..."


Back to your POV


It was another day at school... The school festival was coming soon. The air was exciting, like everyone was talking about the audition thing, the concert, and the events that would take place in the festival. I didn't attend any school festival before, and I didn't plan to attend this time too.


Yoseob was quiet, I didn't know why, but after that rainy day, he didn't talk as much as he used to, he just talked if neccessary, less jokes, and I didn't know if I should happy or sad with that... I mean, yeah maybe I was successful in making him stay away from me... But... Somehow I didn't feel happy at all... Okay maybe it really just my fantasy, he was just like the other boys...


"Hey." - It was like something poked into my heart when he was being curt like this.

"Hey."

"Ah, about the festival, will you come?" - He asked, not looking at me.

"Nae? Oh, won't." - I kinda surprised when he mentioned about the festival.

"Waeyo?"

"I don't like crowded places."

"It should be fun. Come." - He looked at me, insisted.

"Shireo." - The fact that, if I didn't have any friend, why should I go to such event? It would be like an outsider when everyone was having fun and I was there all by myself.

"Come with me." - He suddenly stated, breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Nae?"

"You heard me, you can come there with me, so you won't feel as an outsider there." - It was like this boy could read my mind.

"A...ani, told you I don't like crowded places." - Although I really wanted to go with him, I still didn't get the point, what would he do that for? He was avoiding me lately and suddenly wanted to accompany me to a festival?

"I bought you the ticket. Please, you didn't have to go all day, you can just skip the fair at the morning, but the concert at the evening, can you go with me?" - He passed the ticket to my side of the table. I looked at it, it was the ticket for the night concert, which was held by the senior year students.

"Don't put your hope too high... I don't know if I'm busy or not."

"Arasseo." - He flashed me a smile, which I haven't seen lately. He turned back to looked at the board, while I was still examining his face... His ears were red, and I thought he acknowledged that I was staring, but he just trying to ignore it...


It was breaktime, Yoseob was out of the class, again, maybe to hang out with his friends. I was sitting in my place, and I remembered the ticket. I took it out from my book, looking at it... The concert name was "It's A Beautiful Night", and the ticket was well-decorated... Going to a concert with him? It was my last school year afterall, and spending a night with him, would be great right? At least, if we were not suppose to be friends, I would have some memories to remember in the future...


Yoseob's POV


It was hard, and it was like I had to beginning from zero. At least I still had it in me, but to bring it out as wonderful as I wanted to, I had a lot of things to do. Hyunseung hyung, I didn't know if he was a genius or a trouble maker. Really, his suggestions didn't make my life easier at all.


I didn't have much time beside Haewon these days, and if I really was beside her, my thoughts always on something else. I was worried, a lot. I didn't know if she realized my change or not, I hope she didn't, coz I really didn't mean anything, I just so busy planning on how to get her heart...


About the concert, I didn't know if she would go or not... If not, our "first date" was official ruined, and I had to use all of my efforts to insist her to go. She didn't reject it, that meant I still got my chance.


Back to your POV


It was festival day... I stayed at home all morning, still wondering if I should go or not... I would hold the ticket up, looking at it, then throw it to the table, whole day. I knew I decided to go, but... Still had uneasy feeling inside... So I pushed it all behind my head and choose something to wear... Honestly, I didn't even have a dress. It was all casual clothes, so yeah, I would go to the concert with the thing I felt comfortable with, when I was quite sure every other girls would go there in their perfect dress. I signed...


The concert would start at 7:00PM. It was 6:15PM, I changed into this then tided my hair up. I always drop my hair down at school, so it kinda weird seeing myself in the mirror like this... I put on some light make up and walked out of the house. Uncle and aunt was very pleased seeing me out, they always convinced me to go to the school events, but this is the first time I actually go out for one. It took me 15 mins to walk from my house to school. When I was finally at the gate of the school, I could hear the noise inside...


'Is this really suit me?' - I signed, but I was there, so I let it go and walked inside the school yard.


I could tell people were surprise when they saw me. I was the only queenka here didn't like to attend parties or events... It was my first time, so I kinda felt awkward when everyone stared at me...


"Haewon unnie! Wow you made it?" - Some of the girls greeted me.

"Nae. Afterall this is my last event right? I should know what's a festival look like." - I smiled.

"Well well, look who's here." - Minkyung threw her arm over my shoulder - "Haewon. You decided to come?"

"Nae. Is it a problem?" - I glanced at her. She was in a fancy dress, with all the accessories an a small tiara on her hair.

"Aniya. Have fun." - She walked away with a bunch of boys behind her. They all glanced back at me, regretting, coz if they knew I was there, they would probably be willing to follow me, but as they said they would be Minkyung's servants for the rest of the night so...


I looked around to find Yoseob. But he was no where to be seen. I took out my phone to check, it was no message or missed call. So I decided to call him.


"Haewon?"

"Nae. And where are you? I thought you are the one insist me to come?"

"YOU CAME??? OH MY GOD YES YES!" - He would probably bouncing there coz I could hear his voice trembled a bit.

"So, I was lost in this crowd. I start to feel boring here. If you don't come I think I'll leave." - I chuckled.

"ANIYA! STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE! I'LL BE THERE!" - He said and hung up.

'Aish babo, you don't even know where I am!' - I giggled at his excitement, 5 seconds later, my phone rang.

"Ah, but, where are you?"


I bursted into laughters, and told him where I was. I looked for a bench and sat there to wait for him.


"Oh who's here? Haewon? Is it really you?" - A boy sat down next to me, threw his arm over my shoulder.

"Oh please don't act like we're friends kay? Leave me alone." - I snapped back. Well, I was kinda friendly to Yoseob, but not meant I was like that to everyone else. And the boys in school kept bothering me with their flirtation...

"Awww how cute. Little cold queenka Haewon. You look damn hot in casual you know that? Say, would you like to go to my house later after the concert?" - He kept sitting closed to me and holding me close to him. I couldn't stand up coz he grabbed me so tight. I stared at him and just about time put my hand to his to removed it from my shoulder, Yoseob came, he touched the boy's shoulder and looked at him.

"The show's on, bro. Come in." - Yoseob smile at him, but somehow that smile look like a warning. The boy released his arm from my shoulder and whinced a bit - "Oh Haewon-sshi. You are here too? Would you like me to show you the seat?" - He turned his looked to me, his smile softened.

"Nae thank you." - I sat and stood up, he released the boy and guided me inside the concert hall.

"You just be here a bit yet you create the possibility of raising high school violent behavior." - He smiled at me when we were finally inside the concert hall - "Well, here's our seat."


He showed me 2 seats at the middle of the audience. We could watch the concert clearly from there. I sat down and he sat be side me. We were in time, the concert just began.


I took time looking at him while they were doing the first song on stage. Coz the audience zone were kinda dark, so he may not know that I was looking. He had his hair done, it was a little wavy and messy, in a good way. I really loved his hair like this. It gave him a cute yet mature and handsome look. He was wearing a white shirt with one or two buttons down, it was long-sleeved, and he rolled the sleeves up to his elbow. It suited with the pants he was wearing, and sneakers. Overall, I could say he was really handsome tonight, he looked like a man to me. He was enjoying the song, singing along with it... I smiled, and turned back to the stage, I should enjoy myself here too...


Yoseob's POV


I rushed out of the waiting room to find Haewon. I knew she would be here, I just knew it. My smile faded when I saw her, sitting next to a boy. He was annoying her, I could tell from seeing the scene, he was putting his arm on her shoulder and the way she managed to get out of it made me furious. My fist clenched tight, who was him to touch her!


I quickly went over, grabbed his shoulder and pretended to be friendly, but the boy under my grip knew I was not joking. He immediately put his arm down and whinced from the pain I gave him. I ignored it and turned to her, my threaten smile turned right into a true smile when my eyes met hers. I made an excuse to pulled her out of the situation. Then I released the boy and guided her into the concert hall.


Really, I was controlling myself to not throw a punch right into that jerk's face. I didn't want to get in trouble, on our "first date". Yeah I knew it was not official, but I asked her out, and she agreed right?


Tonight she was gorgeous, with her hair tided up and her casual outfit... I wished I could see her like this everyday... Yoseob ah don't you dare mess up tonight! You have to be good, no, be awesome kay?


I led her to our seats. We were in time, the show just began. They told me to be back when they called me, I thought there was nothing wrong with that. I could spend almost entire show beside her...


We had a great time together, when it was a dance song and everyone stood up to bounce along, I pulled her up too. She was not used to all of those, but she smiled a lot and I could tell she was amused. It made me less nervous. I just bounced with the song like a kid, and she sang along and we both laughed...


It was the best date ever... But it was coming to a close... I got really nervous... My phone vibrated and I took it out, it was Hyunseung's message.

 

"Good luck baby. You can do it. Hwaiting!"

'Okay you are not make me less nervous at all hyung.' - I thought, truth was, I felt more nervous...

"Go go go, she will fall for you kiddo~~~!!! Do text me after that!!!" - Another message came. It was Doojoon's.

"Hey Seobie, I'm still not done with the fact that she was bullying you. Do drop by with her sometimes after this, I wanna see her!" - It was Junhyung's, as if they were sitting together and texting me at the same time.

"HYUNG~!!! HWAITING~!!! Remember to buy me some food when you get here~ I'm always hungry~" - It was Gikwang's number, but the text was totally from Woonie. So they were there together.

"Yah, Woonie took my phone. Anyway, good luck Seobie! We'll wait for your good news!" - Gikwang texted me from Woonie's number.


I smiled a bit... Would she accept me? Then my phone rang...


Back to your POV


I had a great time. He made me smile and laugh a lot today. But it was coming to an end. I wished this night could be a bit longer...


Someone texted him. I saw his face thanked to the light of his cellphone. He looked nervous. He was bitting his lips when he scanned through the screen. I wonder what was wrong... Then someone called him. He picked up, said something and hung up. Then he turned to me.


"Haewon ah, I have something to say." - He said, he looked a bit pale and I didn't know what was wrong.

"Is everything fine?" - I asked.

"Everything's fine. I really have to tell you something very important, but I must go and deal with some private things first." - I could see he had some important thing to do and he was in a rush.

"Okay, go deal with them first." - I was quite worried seeing him like that.

"Enjoy the entire show. If I can't be back by the time of the ending, wait for me outside, at the entrance, I'll walk you home kay?" - He said and rushed out of his seat, didn't have time to hear my answer.

"Nae, I'm waiting for you..."


The song ended and another student came out to sing another song... I couldn't enjoy the show as earlier. I was worried about him, there must be something wrong, but he just shrugged it off and go... I looked at the stage. It was a pop song, everyone started to swing along with the music. I sighed. It was not the same without him...


Then my phone vibrated. I took out and it was Yoseob's text. Is everything allright? Why does he have to text me?


"Haewon, I think I'll tell you the important thing now."

"By phone? You can tell me later when you walk me home." - I replied.

"Ani. Not via phone." - He texted back.

"Then how?" - I was confused.


I was waiting for his text when the performance was over. The MCs announced that the next performance was the last performance of the day, wished us a happy day and told us to go home safely. The stage lights were dim, and the screen at the back of the stage showed the name of a song, "Cracks Of A Broken Heart" as the prelude of the song was played. The whole audience was silent as they heard the humming sound of the student who would sing that song. He had a beautiful humming voice, made me look up at the stage, but I still couldn't see him coz the lights were all dim as the stage effects. Then the lights lightened up his figure slowly, and the screen behind started to show the lyrics of the song as he began the first line...


"May be we need just a little more time...
Time that can heal what's been on your mind..."


The audience went wild when his appearance finally showed up... It was Yoseob... He was a bit different, he added a gilet and a cute bow tie to his outfit... It made him look more like a prince in every girls' dream. The crowd cheered as he looked perfect and he sang the song perfectly... For me, I was glued to the chair... I didn't know what to say... So this is what he wanted to tell me...


Yoseob's POV

 

I was nervous... My turn was next, I didn't want to mess up the chance to confess with her... I stood behind the stage, looking at the audience to find the seat that we were sitting earlier. And there she was, she looked kinda down... She must have no idea what just happened. So I pull my phone out and text her.


"Haewon, I think I'll tell you the important thing now."

"By phone? You can tell me later when you walk me home." - She replied.

"Ani. Not via phone."

"Then how?" - I quickly glanced at the screen and put the phone back into my pocket.


'Like this...' - I thought, walked on stage... The stage lights were dim base on the mood of the song... I knew if my pronunciation wasn't good, she could still understand what I was trying to tell coz I asked the staffs of the show to put lyrics on the screen...


'Here it is... Relax Yoseob' - The music rised, and I started humming along... I could feel the lights slowly , I closed my eyes and sang the first line...


I could hear the audience cheered. I was incredibly good, I didn't know I could pull out that much emotional feelings for the song... But it was my true feelings, so I just let the feelings lead me... I opened my eyes, searching for her... She was sitting there, looking at me... I could see shock still there on her face, I smiled at her, and I could hear the girls squealed... She smiled back, lower her gaze so she didn't meet my eyes, she was shy. But she was smiling. My heart automatically beated stronger and I put all of my love in the song, I sang my heart out... Hopefully, I would get her heart...


It was the end of my performance. Everyone applaused, I bowed and went inside. The student praised me a lot to ended the show beautifully. But I didn't intend to stay and celebrate... I excused myself and ran out, I wanted to see Haewon...


I ran over the school yard to the entrance, everyone I passed realized me, they praised me and even wanna took photos with me. Especially the girls, they screamed out when I ran pass them, calling my name. I tried not to be rude and smiled back, they all squealed and spazzed after that...


I stopped... I told her to wait for me here, at the entrance of the school... But she was no where to be seen... All of the students passed by praised me... I smiled back at them... Still no sign of her... Was she left? Was that what she want? Not seeing me again coz I confessed to her?


Everyone was out, and the school guard closed the door... So that was it... She left... That was a rejection...


I put my palms on my knees, leaning to the school gate and looking down to the road... I was heart-broken... She just happened to be my friend today, yet after this, maybe we were nothing again... Did I lost her like that? Did I rush? Did she still hate me?


Many questions pass through my head, and my heart hurted... I glued my glance at the road, not letting myself crying... Then I saw a hand reached out, holding a bottle of water...


"Must be thirsty after singing a song and running around. There you go." - I looked up, it was her. She didn't leave, she didn't leave!

"Haewon!" - I chimed and smiled widely.

"You didn't know how far I have to go for this. The cafeteria closed." - She pouted.

"Gomawo, gomago, gomawo~!" - I took the bottle from her and bounced around. She giggled at my reaction.


I walked her home... I was so happy, but I didn't dare to say anything, I didn't want to ruin the mood... Haewon didn't say anything either, we just happy to be together, and walked beside each other... We didn't even look at each other, and our cheeks were blushed... The temptation was back to me... Maybe I should make a move... I reached my right hand to her, slowly, touching the back of her hand, she still not looking at me... She was busy looking at the store's signs on the street, maybe she was just as nervous as I was... Then my pinky reached out, I was praying so hard that she would let me hold her hand... Please I don't want to be the one ruin the mood, please please...


My pinky touched her index finger, she jumped a bit but still didn't retreat her hand... I continued... Touching her palm with my pinky, then slowly with my other fingers, and finally I held her hand loosely in mine... She didn't react, she didn't hold my hand back, but she let me hold hers... That was enough for now... My heart jumped in chaos within my chest... I drew a silly smile on my face as I looked at the traffic in the road, completely the opposite direction that she was looking... No one said a word but the hearts seemed to beat at the same pace... We walked home like that...


We were at the front door of her house... I didn't want to let her go... But I knew I had to, and it was late... I signed as she retreated her hand and smiled at me.


"Thank you for a wonderful night." - She blushed. She was so cute when she blushed like that.

"Aniya, thank you for a wonderful night." - I scratched the back of my head and smiled back at her.

"It's late. Go home. See you tomorrow at school." - She turned and walk to her house.

"Haewon?"

"Nae?" - She turned back.

"Ah... Nothing... Good night!"

"Good night. And Yoseob ah..."

"N...nae?"

"I think you're right."


She smiled at me the last time and closed her door. I was standing in front of her house like an idiot... My heart beating like crazy and I didn't know what she was saying... Was that a 'Yes' or 'No'... I thought for a while... And I smiled as I figured it out and walked away...


Everyone needs a friend...


She needs a little more time...


And we won't fall through the cracks of a broken heart...

 

 

 ----------------------------

Definitely romance was all over the place right^^??? I hope you all like this chapter!

And thank you, I got a lot of subscribers and comments, trust me, I feel so happy reading all of your comments... There was one of you didn't want me to end this story, awwww~... I'm really sorry but I think if I keep Haewon and Yoseob apart from each other for too long the other readers may hate me keke^^ It was longer than I expected~ I want to create a development in their feelings so that will lead to the sweetest ending right~? Anyway, still not the ending yet! Coz I didn't know how to let Haewon or Yoseob find out the other was their "childhood crush" keke... And do you like how Yoseob sang that song? I heard he sang it after comeback on a radio, and it was ... oh my god~! How could his voice get more and more perfect??? Sad thing is he didn't sing a whole song, so I had to take the old version^^ I was melted the first time I heard it^^ And for the lyrics, if you want, I'll give you.

 

"Cracks Of My Broken Heart"

Maybe we need just a little more time

Time that can heal what's been on your mind

 

You can find what we lost before it all slips away

 

We need time to mend from the mistakes I've made

 

God only knows what a heart can survive

So many tears from all the pain in our lives

And where else could we go after all we've been through

I still believe my life is right here with you


So just hold on

And it'll wont take long

I hope that you can love me

When the pain is gone

I don't want us to fall through the cracks of a broken heart

Don't want us to fall through the cracks of your broken heart


I know its taking a while but every lesson, i've learned

And if your heart speaks tonight, I'll hear every word

If you want to be free I'll never stand in your way

But with all that I am, I'm asking you to stay


Hold on

And it'll wont take long

I hope that you can love me

When the pain is gone

I don't want us to fall through the cracks of a broken heart

Don't want us to fall through the cracks of your broken heart


There's a light that can burn

It exists in the heart

You can feel it when you know love is true

If you could try to be strong

And keep the light burning long

It took a lifetime but i found it in you


Hold on

And it'll wont take long

I hope that you can love me

When the pain is gone

I don't want us to fall through the cracks of a broken heart

Don't want us to fall through the cracks of your broken heart