Part 1

On Those Rainy Days

On the rainy days you come and find me

Torturing me through the night

You stared out the window, watching the raindrops make their way down the glass of the window, trailing down and merging together in an endless complex display, pale and clear against the backdrop of the dark night sky.

Watching the rain… it always brought you back…

~*~*~*~*~

“Yoseob-oppa! Let’s go to the park!” You smiled as you tugged on his arm. He had finally gotten some time off from promoting, and you had decided to go on a random date around the city—just chilling out, no plans.

He smiled and followed you, laughing a little at your childish glee. It had been so long since your last date, and you were just so happy that you got to see him again—even if he did have to wear sunglasses and a beanie.

“Jagiya, how do you manage to have so much energy? It’s still pretty early, too,” he teased, pinching your cheek as you walked.

Eventually, you made your way to the park. The two of you sat on swings, side-by-side. You kicked your legs a little, looking up at the blue sky.

“Want me to push you?” Yoseob asked, rising from his swing.

“Sure.” You giggled, somehow excited to be acting like a child again.

~*~*~*~*~

“Ahh, I wish we could do this more often,” Yoseob mused as he stirred his milkshake with a straw.

“Me too… but you have the fans to worry about. And singing is your passion, isn’t it? So you should continue!” You sipped your own milkshake, smiling. Of course you wished that you could spend more time with your boyfriend; I mean, who wouldn’t? But you knew that he had a duty to the fans, and singing and performing brought him joy. As much as you wanted to be selfish and have him stay by you, you knew that doing what he loved made you happy.

“What in the world could I have possibly done in a past life to earn me such a perfect girlfriend like you?” he cooed, eye-smiling.

“I’m not perfect, what are you talking about?” You rolled your eyes at him, secretly enjoying the cheesiness.

“Beautiful my girl~”

One of the older women who worked at the café approached the two of you. “I’m sorry to interrupt such a cute couple, but we’re going to close soon.”

“Ah, I’m sorry ahjumma!” The two of you bowed, then left the shop.

“I didn’t realize how late it had gotten,” you murmured, checking the time on your phone. It was already well past eleven, and you should probably return home soon so that you could get up at a decent time for school.

“I’m sorry for not paying attention,” Yoseob said, taking your hand in his as you walked to the bus stop.

“It’s not your fault; time just seems to pass by so quickly when I’m with you.” And it was true. Whenever you spent time with Yoseob, the time just seemed to slip away without you realizing it. Seconds easily blended into hours—a whole day could pass without you noticing.

“C’mon, let’s go home.”

~*~*~*~*~

So cute… Yoseob thought. You had fallen asleep on the bus ride home, your head falling onto his shoulder while you slept.

He brushed your hair out of your face, humming a little as he did so. He often wished that he could be a better boyfriend for you. His constant schedules and fans often prevented him from seeing you as often as he wanted to, and he hoped it didn’t put too much of a strain on the relationship.

Somehow, he had ended up with a perfectly understating girlfriend, who didn’t get mad at him if he was late, or get jealous if he had to do something with a female artist. Some guys would have taken advantage of it, but he refused to. Since you had given him your trust, he would make sure that you had nothing to worry about.

The bus finally stopped, and he gently shook you to wake you.

~*~*~*~*~

Jagiya, wake up.”

“Mmph… five more minutes…”

“We’re at your house, baby.”

“Oh.” Yoseob helped you up, and held your bag while he led your drowsy self out of the bus. “Thanks, Yoseob.”

“You’re welcome.”

You walked hand in hand to your apartment, humming a song to yourself. You felt so happy and carefree, like everything in the world was perfect at that moment, and you never wanted that moment to end.

All too soon, you returned to your apartment. The two of you stood outside the door, neither of you wanting to say goodbye.

“Um... I guess I should go now,” Yoseob mumbled, pouting and kicking at the ground a bit.

“Yeah... bye Seobbie, I love you.” You stood on your tiptoes and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.

“C'mon, you have to give me a better goodbye kiss than that, he teased, wrapping his arms around you and kissing you full on the lips, sweet and soft and caring.

Eventually, you pulled away, slightly breathless. Yoseob's kisses never failed to take your breath away.

“I love you,” he said, as he waved and walked off.

You stayed in front of your apartment, watching Yoseob's back become smaller and smaller—

Then he collapsed, falling against the wall. You ran over, calling out to him. “Yoseob? Yoseob, are you okay?”

He coughed, putting his hand on your shoulder to help him stand up. “Yeah, I think so—” He was cut off by another round of coughing, covering his mouth with his hand.

But when he took his hand away, both of you could see the redness that covered his palm.

Blood.