Chapter 1

Fake Smiles

Kwan's P.O.V~

What was she even doing there? This building is supposed to be abandoned. I'm supposed to be the only one who know of it.

She collapsed on the ground without her umbrella in front of the well. She was holding onto the rim of the stones with her fingertips.

I heard her weeping and I thought she was going to jump into the well.

She took off her hat reveiling bright blonde hair. She reminded me of the sun when it shines.

She screamed down the well.

"I HATE YOU!" She yelled. I didn't know who she was, but I only knew that she hated someone and she came here to vent.

She pulled a small pocket knife from her pocket and pushed it up against her index finger to feel how sharpe it was.

She pushed it up against her neck.

I couldn't handle seeing something like that.

"STOP IT!" I yelled. I didn't show my face, instead I hid being the wall.

She dropped the knife and backed up slowly.

She ran away with tears welling up in her eyes.

After she left (without her umbrella) I walked over to the knife and threw it in the well.

 

--- The next day---

 

"Kwan~" Someone said to me as they ran up to me and slung their arm around my neck.

I grabbed their wrist and threw him down to the ground. After he was on the ground, I saw that it was Hyo.

"Sorry about that, Hyo." I apologized. Hyo tried to trip me, but I kicked him in the leg before he could get the chance.

Hyo growled at me and I grinned.

Hyo and I were always friends.

We always fight each other in the mornings to keep us on our toes.

Even though I always win.

i grabbed his hand and helped him up.

He was staring intently at something from across the riverbed.

Schwan High School is seperated into two buildings.

There's a girl's academy and there's a boy's academy.

The road to get to it is completely different than the route to get to the boy's academy which means that there's limited contact.

Every morning, Hyo stares and tries to get a glimpse of the girls.

I normally couldn't care less- except for this time.

A bright, blone haired girl was seen in the corner of my eye.

As I payed more attention, I saw that it was the girl from the well yesterday.

She had a big smile on her face as she was talking to her friends.

"Who's the blonde?" I asked Hyo.

His eyes were already locked onto her.

"That's Hana." He said dreamily. "Her father's the owner of the toy factories around here and she is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l."

I rolled my eyes.

"Her hair is like pure slik and it is said that just one touch of it wil make all of your dreams come true." He went on. "She's called the golden flower because of her hair and that smile that resonates with your soul and-"

I punched him in the head.

"I get it already." I sighed. "You think she's hot."

"Not just hot." Hyo said. "But despite her reputation, it is said that she's still a ."

"Yeah, and?"

"Do you know how hard it is to still find a around here?" He said. I saw blood coming from his nose. "You have to basically cross hell for one."

Thank goodness for Hyo that Sungnim showed up, or else I would have seriously punched Hyo's erted thoughts away.

"Good morning~" He smiled.