-

Where's Tao?

 

"Where's Tao?"

 

It started out as a simple question with innocent motives of simply wanting to know where the Chinese maknae was. But when he received unsatisfactory replies from everyone in the dorm, who hasn't had the slightest clue of his location, he began to worry. It dawned on him that lately no one seemed to know either. That boy always disappeared after class, leaving no trace behind.

 

If it had been anyone else, say, his other friends, he would have careless. They can take care of himself no problem, but what about his Chinese friend? He was relatively new here, even in South Korea. He was part of the student exchange last year and was rather slow in picking up the language. He was also entrusted under Baekhyun's care and even though a year had passed, he still felt responsibility for him.

 

At least there was comfort in knowing Tao wouldn't be harmed in any way. In worst case scenario, he might be hanging out with bad influence. Tao was a very pure child at heart and may be swayed easily. And with such mindset, Baekhyun took off immediately, scouring the neighbour for the sight of the Chinese maknae. It was a difficult task, with the many cafes and restaurants nearby. Tao could've gone to either of them, or none at all.

 

Either it was the power of friendship or just the God lending a friendly hand, Baekhyun soon found him after a half-hour search. As soon as he saw him, he clung on him as if afraid he would run. But Tao didn't run. He was merely caught by surprise, and he spun around to see that it was his kind-hearted hyung. He was glad he manage to stop in time before tackling his "attacker" down the floor.

 

Once they settled down on a nearby bench with bubble teas, Tao faced his hyung with a very serious expression. "I"m . . .  in love." Baekhyun nearly choked on the pearls in his bubble tea, and started coughing violently. Tao jumped up and started rubbing his back panically, unsure of what to do. He felt relief wash over him when Baekhyun was breathing normally again.

 

"Love? Tao, you?" Obviously, Baekhyun did not mean to make it sound so . . . so wrong. He was genuinely shocked that the Chinese maknae had found someone, he wasn't judging his romantic capabilities, so to speak. He didn't know how to justify his bewilderment either, he was just shocked for no reason apparently. Probably because none of his friends had a girlfriend, with the rare exception of Suho.

 

"I don't mean it like that, I'm just---" Baekhyun blabbered, trying to explain his real intentions with much difficulity. Tao smiled, letting him know that no offense was taken. Baekhyun was taken aback by that smile, not because he didn't believe that he would forgive him, but because it just seemed so sad, almost as if all hope had been taken away from him. Instantly he knew something was wrong.

 

But he didn't question him. He wasn't one to pry, even if he was rather curious. Something must have happened, and Tao was giving him free pass to ask about it. But he knew that like him, Tao was also a person very secretive of his feelings. So he decided not to ask, and decided to execute the brilliant idea forming in his head. If Tao was upset, he would cheer him up again. That was what friends do.

 

Which explained, sort of, why they were at this small, old restaurant, two bus rides away from their dorm. The restaurant was famous for its beef delicacies and as their friend Xiumin's logic went, what was more comforting than good food itself? Baekhyun wasn't sure if it would work with Tao, though. It was the only thing he could think of, since offering himself as punching bag for him was out of the question.

 

They didn't talk much, letting a comfortable silence blanket over them. As they waited for the owner to serve them, Tao looked straight at Baekhyun. "Hyung, I like you. I really like you. Thank you," he said softly. He really had a lot of gratitude for his friend who had been silently cheering him up all along. He also knew that Baekhyun was not one of the richest in the dorm, but chose to treat him to such expensive delicacies anyway.

 

Baekhyun's warm heart found its way towards the cracks of his heart, slowly giving it heat. Even though he lost his love, there was still Baekhyun. And the others as well, he was sure, would be there for him. Baekhyun smiled, happy that his message got across. "I really like you too, Tao-ah."

 


 

I'm not proud of this, sorry for the fail Baektao fluff (╥_╥)
- ys