Look at Me As The Person You Once Love

Look at Me As The Person You Once Love

"I'm sorry, Gwiboon.. I can't pretend that I don't know about you and him anymore.. I think.." Minho takes a breath, "We should end our relationship.." His mouth quivers because he is holding back the tears that threatening to fall anytime soon.
"Is that it? You don't even fight for me.. Is it that easy to let me go?" Gwiboon replies. Even though her tone is painted with sadness, her eyes are cold and expressionless, that makes Minho's heart aches more than it already is.
 
It is the hardest thing for Minho to say those words to his girlfriend. He loves her from the bottom of his heart and he takes pretty much long time to finally get her. But since a month before, he started to hear rumors about Gwiboon and a man named Jonghyun.
He didn't believe it at first, he believed she had a faith in him, but he couldn't bear that betrayed feeling when he saw both of them were walking together. He didn't want to see Gwiboon's happy face and sincere smile when she was with Jonghyun, but it wouldn't go from his mind. He never saw her smiling that sincere when she's with him. He feels he can't do anything to make her happy.
 
He thinks she is happy without him.
 
"I just want your happiness. I believe you will be happy with him" He can't look at her eyes, he knows he will cry if he looks at her eyes.
"Why you assumed everything by yourself? Don't you believe in me?"
"I.."
"If I say I don't love him, do you believe me?"
"Gwiboon, it's.." He can't answer her, he doesn't know what should he say.
"I don't care. I hate you" She cut him coolly and instantly turns her back to walk away from him. But he sees the look on her eyes, it's hatred and anger.
 
Minho closes his eyes and breaths heavily.
It hurts.
 
*********************
 
Two months has passed without them seeing each other. Minho spends his days regretting their breakup. He still loves Gwiboon, but she instantly cut any connection between them after the break up.
Minho knows from his friends that Gwiboon is now dating with Jonghyun, 2 weeks after their breakup. He knows that would happen, because he believes that Gwiboon loves Jonghyun more than him.
 


 
It's 8 p.m at night, Minho is on the subway, waiting for the train that will take him to his house. When the train comes, he steps into it and stands near the door because apparently the train is full. After the doors are closing, he shoves his hands to his pocket and looks around.

He sees someone, someone that is so familiar to him not too far away from where he is standing. It's Gwiboon. He hasn't seen her for a long time and he doesn't know how to react if she sees him. But luckily Gwiboon is sleeping on someone's shoulder, and that someone is no other than Jonghyun (Minho recognizes him because he had seen him twice on the cafe where Gwiboon usually works at after his friend told him which one was Jonghyun).
Jonghyun has his arm around her waist protectively and there is a jacket drapes on Gwiboon's back which Minho believes it's Jonghyun's. She is sleeping peacefully on his shoulder.
 
Naturally, it feels heartwarming when you see a couple doing that thing, but Minho feels the opposite. She never did that when she's with him.
 
Around 25 minutes later, when they nearly arrive at the station near Gwiboon's house. Minho saw Jonghyun puts his hand which previously on her waist to her shoulder and tap her arm, she wakes up and he helps her gather her belongings afterwards. When the doors open, Jonghyun holds her hand and they walk out of the train.
But Minho sees when they walk pass him, Gwiboon sees him with a hatred look, the look which she gave him when they broke up.
 
Why? Why she looks at him that way? Minho doesn't understand.
Does she hate him?
 
 
 
Two days later, Minho asks Eunsook, his best friend, to meet him at a cafe. He wants to pour his feelings out, he feels he can’t keep that to himself anymore. He needs someone he can talk to.
Minho tells Eunsook everything he feels about Gwiboon, disappointment, jealousy, betrayal and many other feelings he keeps for too long and Eunsook listens to him carefully.
 
"I wish she could look at me and see the person she once loved instead of the person she have grown to hate" He says.
"Minho.. Actually I know something about Gwiboon. But I'm scared to say this to you before" She says hesitantly
"What is it?"
She is fidgeting for a moment, "I'm sorry I kept this for so long. I don't have a heart to say this to you"
“Just tell me, I will be okay” But truthfully he is scared to hear what Eunsook will say.
 
She takes a deep breath before she starts, "My roommate is Gwiboon's best friend. Taeyeon, do you know her?"
"Yeah, Gwiboon told me about her before”
"When you broke up with her, she came to our apartment, crying. And I heard what she said to Taeyeon” She pauses for a moment before continuing her story, she checks Minho’s expression at that time, “She still loved you at that time, but she felt hopeless because you never fight for her"
She sees something changes in Minho’s eyes but he keeps silent.
"She expect you to at least hold on her"
He feels his tears slowly creeping up, "She really said that?"
"Yes" Eunsook answers softly and Minho’s tears come out.
"So is this my fault?" He asks, but Eunsook can't answer him. She only pats his hands as he cries.