We Should Fall In Love

I Do...Do You?

First of all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAKAJIMA YUTO!

I'm so excited, it's almost freaking me out! LOL XD (I might have eaten too much ice cream tonight...teehee)

Right, so, as i had promised that i would update by the 10th of August and seeing as it just became the10th of August (local time, i.e., not Japan), I have kept my promise! YOSHI~!

So this is a single-chapter oneshot. I hope it's not too boring, because it might be. I havd fun writing it :D

Oh btw, the Yuto in this story is as i randomly imagine him to be in it! And it's all in his point of view.

Read, enjoy and comment please, ne?

LOVE YA!

XOXO

 

I Do...Do You? (We Should Fall In Love)

 

Finally 19! For a minute, it felt like I would be 18 forever; physically an adult, but otherwise confused.

My birthday just ended a little while ago, seeing as the time is now 12:37 AM. It is so exhausting to be under the spotlight for 24 hours straight! And my friends are the kind who just won’t let you be on your birthday. But that’s alright; even I’m like that during their birthdays. In fact, I’m a lot worse! Everyone yells at me for being too touchy, for some reason...

Though I had barely had the time to sit still all day, I couldn’t fall asleep tonight. I looked up at the clock, which was visible due to the light from the full moon shining on it from the window. I watched every second tick by, slowly. My body was still all pumped and ready to shake a leg, but my mind was all over the place trying to convince my body to relax and shut down for a bit. Obviously my body wasn’t in compliance. Sigh.

At least I don’t have to worry about waking up early tomorrow since I’m in that vacation between high school and college where one is absolutely jobless and has nothing in the world to wake up early for! And that even applies for me tomorrow because it’s a day off of any rehearsal or photo shoot! Otherwise, it’s always busy.

I found myself to be blankly staring at the ceiling, thinking about the past year. 18 was a nice year...will 19 be better?

Just then I heard a faint noise from outside. I got up and looked out through my window.

Ah. It’s Suzuna-chan. I could make out from that one streak of bright red hair that was flowing with the wind. She was twirling around in the garden singing some song that I couldn’t recognise. She looked mesmerising and I wanted to join her little dance of joy. It felt so lonely without her by me side.

My birthday, however amazing it had been, was incomplete. The one person I really wanted to share my special day with wasn’t in town...she had to participate in a major swimming tournament in Beijing. I wanted her to be here so bad, but I couldn’t bring myself to tell her that.

Ishikawa Suzuna. Our relationship was confusing. Even the way we met was unusual. We had livied in adjacent apartment buildings for almost two years before we knew of each other’s existences. Our parents had met at a neighbourhood potluck and as always parents talk about their ‘beautiful’ children, ours found out that the Suzuna-chan and I had one thing in common, and that was our love for western music. They set the two of us up to meet at an Owl City concert, which I suppose sounds pretty cool, but the truth was that our first meeting was very awkward because we didn’t know each other at all and the place was way too noisy to be able to hear each other so we still came back as almost-strangers.

The weirdest thing was that Suzuna-chan didn’t really notice that a member of HSJ was living so close to her house because she didn’t know about HSJ! I haad to explain to her who I was and for the first time, I felt embarrassed to tell someone that I was part of a J-Pop boy band! I thought that she would find it kind of crazy and maybe childish. But she was quite amused to “finally meet a celebrity.”

We weren’t fortunate enough to attend the same school but we had our neighbourhood moments. There was this one time when she was really upset after he dog, Emi, ran away. Though she wasn’t crying, I knew that she was burning inside. She loved her dog like it was her sibling. That day, when we came across each other in the lobby, I told her that I couldn’t do anything about her dog but that I can do anything else I can to make her feel better. She looked at me straight in the eyes, smiled for maybe the first time the entire day, and hugged me very hard. That was the moment that I knew that she was special. After that, time together has just never been enough!

But it’s been a year and a half and I still feel as though there’s something missing...we’ve both been busy leading our lives—me being an idol and her going to training day and night to become a professional swimmer. Whatever time we did get together, we spent talking about music, school, friends, anything under the sun. But the one thing that I’ve always wanted to tell her had never even been mentioned.

We come across each other as focussed people who don’t have time to think about boys and girls and the things they do. We never really talked about those things so I assumed that she wasn’t into relationships. I like her, so much. But I have my doubts about whether these feelings are mutual...I’ve never gotten any vibe from her that would give me the slightest indication of any such emotion.

Standing next to my window, staring at her visible figure, I decided that I had to end this doubt that’s been within me once and for all. I had to go downstairs, meet her and tell her the truth.

So I quietly crept out of my apartment and into the elevator. The building was isolated. I wasn’t feeling nervous, I was just...curious to know how things would work out. I didn’t plan out anything. Hell, I didn’t even know how I was going to bring this subject up! I just knew one thing and that’s that it was now, or...never? Argh! I didn’t even know that!

I’m being such a wimp about this! Imagine what would happen if all of my fans found out that I am actually like this and not like the cool Yuto that I hope they visualise. Gah, I have to stay focused!

I didn’t even realise that I had already reached the garden because of my seemingly endless musings. Suzuna-chan was still swaying with the wind, clearly still unaware of my presence. She looked so happy, so...at peace. I didn’t want to disturb her. I just wanted to watch her.

Then I brought myself back on planet Earth and remembered that I had a goal!

Should I say hello? Nah, too creepy at this time. Should I hug her from behind? No! That would seem so erted! Should I just wait for her to finally realise that I’m right here? No...that could take all night. What the hell should I do?!

Then an idea dawned on me!

“I opened my eyes last night,” I began singing, in my highly accented English, “and saw you in the low light, walking down by the bay, on the shore, staring up at the planes that aren’t there anymore...”

She turned around, surprised and when she saw me there singing like an idiot because my English was so terrible, and she grinned.

“Yuto-kun!” she ran towards me and hugged me for what seemed like an extremely short amount of time.

“Suzuna-chan,” I said, as happy as her, “you’re finally back!”

“I am, aren’t I?” she smiled, “and you, mister, are now 19 years of age! Happy belated birthday to you!”

A part of me was immediately glad that she remembered, and then my other devil part punched me saying ‘don’t get so cocky, she wasn’t ever here!’

“Belated thanks to you,” I replied, emphasising on the ‘belated.’

She pouted, “I’m so sorry I wasn’t here. I really do feel terrible...all excuses aside.”

Yuto tipped his head and gave the cutest smile, “you did win the tournament, right?”

She nodded and jumped around excitedly. She looked so adorable! She was kind of crazy in the way that she expressed herself through her face and her actions. One can easily find out about her thoughts because she’s so expressive!

“Congratulations! I’m so happy for you,” I congratulated her.

“Aw,” she stopped jumping, “so sweet. So how was yesterday? And aren’t you sleepy? Why are you still up?”

I gave her a weird look that said ‘too-many-questions!’ but I had to answer them anyway.

“First of all, you should be asleep just as much as I should—“Hey!” she interrupted, “Jet lag!”

I rolled my eyes, “But of course.”

She baby-punched me in the stomach and then cringed with pain as her fist fell against my perfect abs. I had to chuckle/laugh.

“Why ARE you still up?” she asked again.

“I couldn’t fall asleep. The day didn’t feel...over.”

She frowned, “what do you mean by that?”

“I had lots of fun, you know, with the guys and all...” I began explaining.

“Oh, you mean Chinen and Yamada-kun?” she asked, really not knowing who I was referring to.

“And Keito and Daiki and Hikaru and—”

“I get it! ‘The guys.’ Now go on...” she said.

“Wait, where was I?” I couldn’t remember what I was saying just then.

“Your day wasn’t over even after having a great day with ‘the guys’,” she reminded me.

“Oh yeah!” I smacked myself. And as I did so, I was quickly running over what this conversation would eventually lead to. And that was me telling her that I like her so, so much! And I was suddenly so nervous that I just froze.

“Yuuuuutoooo-kunn?” she shook me back to life.

I suddenly returned to Earth again.

“Are you okay?” she asked, examining my face.

“I’m fine,” I answered. I couldn’t have looked weird, could I? Nervousness doesn’t make you look weird, does it? Gah, I’m in agony!

“I need to tell you something, Suzuna-chan,” I felt my mouth blurt. My brain was in shock as it did not command my mouth to say that at all!

She looked up at me, “What’s up?”

I hoped that I didn’t look like I was in internal turmoil, because I totally was!

“We’ve known each other for almost two years, right?” my mouth began doing as it pleased.

“Mm-hmm,” she nodded.

“And we’re good friends, aren’t we?”

“Yes, we are,” she said.

“But...the time that we spend together, it is just never enough,” whoa, whoa, whoa, this situation is getting way out of hand! Stupid mouth of mine! Can’t even listen to me!

“What do you mean?” she looked confused.

I hesitated as my brain was in offline mode and my mouth was also refusing to blurt out anything like it had just been doing.

“You know...” I shrugged, “whenever we’re together, like this, all alone, I feel like this is home. I feel like this is where we belong—right next to each other, forever.”

Her eyebrows slowly rose and her eyes widened slightly.

“We spend so much time away from each other. And even when I’m at home, I don’t feel like I am there because you’re not there!” I was finally saying the things that I had suppressed for so long. I didn’t care whether my brain and mouth were in unison or not because whatever I was saying, I knew that it had to be right.

“I...I want us to be together. I want to be in love with you,” I said, taking her face in my hands, “and I want you to be in love with me too.”

She didn’t say anything. Her face wasn’t as expressive as it normally always is. This left me extremely confused. My heart started to beat a little faster as she kept silent for what seemed like a lifetime. What if she doesn’t like me at all? What if this was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done? Disturbing questions like that began consuming my mind. I had to break this silence!

“So...do you wish we fall in love?”

She broke the stare and looked down at his hands, which were still cupping her face. She then took a deep breath, looked back up at him and left her breath.

“All the time,” She slowly whispered each word, “All the time.”

I couldn’t believe my senses. Her too? We had both liked each other for so long and never ever known?

She took another deep breath and said, “I always wonder what you think of when I’m away. I feel all alone when you’re not there too...but I never knew whether to expect the same for you.”

Then she smiled and said, “But now I know.”

Am I dead? Because I feel dead. This is all too happy to be real. I must be dead. Oh no, maybe I’m dreaming. I was in bed like, two seconds ago, right? Yes, I have to be dreaming.

And then I look at Suzuna-chan looking right back at me and scream to myself, ‘this is not a dream!!!!’

There we stood, faces almost touching each others, breathing deeply, hearts beating quickly.

“I think that we should fall in love,” she finally said.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to close the small gap between our faces. And so I did. And she let me.

“I love you,” I whispered in her ear as we broke our first kiss.

“I love you too,” she whispered back.

Taking a step back from me, she said, “Your day is now complete.”

I grinned, “With a cherry on top!”

She laughed and ruffled my hair.

It looks like 19 is about to be the best so far!

 

------x------

Liked it? Loved it? Hated it? Please let me know!

Thanks for reading :D