The Challenge

Bull-o Jerky Everyday

 

A/N: This is my first fanfic please be gentle so gentle soo soo gentle because this is a delicate work of art that can break, and dissolve before your eyes and then BAM. It’s gone. So please if you will gentle with my pouring heart. It’s a very serious trollfic.

 

It was a beautiful day, the days you make you want to stop and look at the window. Unfortunately that didn’t apply to Kai who was making a b-line to the bathroom. Kai never cared for the weather; a day like this something was bound to go wrong, something magnanimous. The thought that some people are doomed to failure offsets any good fate gives them, and Kai thought he was one of them.

If something did go his way then all hell would break loose. If something did go right? It was definitely a fluke. After much consideration and thought, he had to conclude his life was none than a statistical aberration. Nothing more, nothing less.

He continued walking until he bumped into a certain person.

“Watch where you’re going” Chaerin admonished, she was beautiful and glowing with her black roots and flaxen hair, Heavy eye makeup, she was wearing a bandana and huge hoop earrings. And because she never followed the dress code she was wearing her infamous black sweater ‘Girlfriend from hell’. It was fab. (A/N: I think it's also fab :P) 

 

“I’m sorry” Kai bowed, he had just bumped into one of the most popular, prettiest, and most swarmed with prepositions from guys. Chaerin had a registered fan club consisting of both male and female. Why did she have so many fans? For standing up for freedom of expression, subconsciously people like Kai looked up to her for her gangster like ways. She was evidently the leader of the club group 2ne1 a revolutionary group that wanted to dominate the student council, they have been suspended countless times, giving many student detentions and sent home lots of times.  

“It’s all good, kid” Chaerin said gently then continued walking along, her stilettos tapping down the hallway.

Kai gasped, he was at a loss of words encountering a girl’s presence, it so amazing that he almost forgot about going to the bathroom.

After using the bathroom Kai came out of the stalls and walked to the sink to wash his hands.

“So you’re Kai?” 

Kai jumped like a scared puppy, turning around to see the culprit, “Yes… that’s me” He said thoughtfully.

“So you’re the one trying to get with Chaerin?” It was Choi Seung-hyun. He was an immaculately sculpted being. He had a sharply defined jaw, striking coal black eyes.

 A true natural.

And Kai’s complete opposite.

It scared Kai how comfortable Seung-hyun was around girls. His call to fame isn't the result of his looks, if that were the case, then any idiot here could serve as a substitute. He exuded a raw animal magnetism that attracted everything female. His over-exuberant confidence around girls was fascinating.

“What are you talking about?” Kai queried.

 "To be honest, I thought it was all talk...until I saw yo two together."

"Us two?"

"Yo and Chaerin. There's only one explanation for yo to be talking so casually together” Somehow, Kai didn’t think Seung-hyun could even fathom the concept of girls being just friends—then again, he shouldn't be one to talk.

"We're not together," he stated bluntly. They just bumped in with each other, was even assuming he wanted to pursue her even contingent?

He grinned. "Not for long," he replies eerily. "I know a player when I see one." A player? Who, Kai? That implies that he was playing a game, and if he's thinking about the dating game, then he couldn't be farther from the truth.

"Dude, I'm not a player, I'm not even a spectator. I'm nobody."

He wouldn't have any of it. "Stop protesting. Let me tell yo this, there's only one kingka in this school, and that's me." Kai didn’t need the information because it was irrelevant.

"Uh...I never said otherwise ‘kingka.' I don't want your position."

"Then prove it to miii. Accept mi proposal."

Kai frowned, “What proposal?”

“To win her heart, you know...the region of the chest above the heart”

Kai’s words were falling on deaf ears. Surely Kai thought he was being intentionally dense. "I have to prove that I'm not reaching for your title? I just gave it to you. There's no need for a challenge."

"That confident yo don't need one? We'll see about that."

Kai could see why he was so good at flirting. His ability to twist words around is nothing short of incredible. "Your powers of misinterpretation are profound. You might want to check your ears, they might be faulty."

"No, I hear you loud and clear. I see guys like you all the time. You think you're hot that yo can come into my territory and start taking what you want. Yo know what? It ain’t yo town, and there's only one alpha dog around here, and his name is Seung-hyun."

"I got it, alpha dog. You win, it's your victory!” Kai gave two thumbs up, “You're the man! Just leave me alone." He tried to exit the restroom, but he got in the way.

"If yo don’t, I’ll drug Chaerin and we’ll be doing the nasty!” Seung-hyun proposes.

Hell.

No.

That's the last thing Kai wanted.

"What? No not the nasty!" Unbelieveable. The leap of logic required to make such a proposal is astronomical. Kai thought he just wanted a fight. That had to be it. He must be looking for an antagonist.

"You ain't got a choice, and I will kidnap yo and yo will diligently watch us do the nasty and I will be like, ‘Oh girl you so nastyyyy~’"

Kai blinked, this had to be illegal. He didn’t know what it'll look like, but it probably wouldn’t be pretty. He thought seriously for a moment, before opening his mouth to speak.

"Okay. I accept your challenge, but only under my conditions."

He raises an eyebrow. "And what's that?"

He pointed to the ceiling with his index finger. "One week."

Kai words offend the boy. He scoffs disbelievingly. "You want one week? What is this? What kind of player needs prep time? Go with your instincts."

Kai scoffed he was trying to tell him that he wasn’t a player. “Take it or leave it”

 “Fine.”

"May the best man win." He shook his hand. The deal is sealed.

Satisfied, he let Kai pass and the boy escape into the hallway.

Kai ran and ran. Hewas on the verge of screaming, but he couldn’t do it here, so he went to his blue locker and shut his head in “SON OF A HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

If there was anything Kai couldn’t have, it was luck with the ladies. Everything went horrible with girls his confidence with him was almost at the bar to 0.

But luckily for him he knew someone who had luck with the ladies.