Together as One

Refuge
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taking off my shoes, the hall seemed eerily quiet for a Friday night. I walked through the doorway of our small apartment and noticed the lights were off. It was weird, but I figured he must've been in a rush to get inside.

 

"I'm home!" I called out, but there was no reply.

 

There was no answer when I called out again or when I headed down the foyer to his room. Pictures of us decorated the cream colored walls adjacent to his door. I smiled scanning each one. Every special moment that we spent together were  captured in those black frames. I turned to his door and knocked lightly before entering.

 

"Myung Soo?"

 

There were clothes strewn all over the room, which meant he was at practice with the others, but it didn't explain why he hadn't told me. Something just wasn’t right. This was so out of his character. I hurriedly went back into the living room and pulled my cell phone out of my purse.

 

I called his cell phone, but there was no answer. It made me unreasonably panic even more. I couldn’t explain why it made me anxious. I wasn’t the type to want to know the whereabouts of my boyfriend all the time, but for Myung Soo not to say anything about him not being home, well lets just say it raised red flags. I called each of the members hoping they could give me some answers, but none of them answered either.

 

I sat back sinking into the couch feeling defeated. I would go to look for him myself, but it would be silly for me search him if he had just forgotten and was busy. It would make me seem desperate and clingy, and that wasn't who I was. Suddenly, my phone buzzed violently against the table scaring me. I quickly reached for it and flipped it open.

 

"Hello?" I said my heart beating a mile a minute.

 

"Mh?"

 

"Myung Soo?"

 

"No, it's Sung Yeol."

 

"Oh," I replied, hearing the deflation in my voice I tried to perk up, "what's up? Is practice going well?"

 

"Yeah. Hey Rae, listen Myung Soo's parents called him in the middle of practice."

 

I choked out, "His parents?"

 

"Yes, he should be home in an hour."

 

I nodded into the phone, "Thank you for letting me know."

 

"Sure thing Rae," he said hanging up.

 

I couldn't begin to explain how I felt hearing this. Myung Soo had a relatively good relationship with his parents, but once we started dating problems started to arise.

 

Myung Soo's parents wouldn’t see him if he was with me, which meant we spent holidays together or I was by myself when he went to visit them. I pulled my knees into my chest, resting my head on my knees. I knew what his parents wanted, but I couldn't leave him.

 

Leaving him was like leaving my entire self with him. It hurt too much and just thinking about it tore my heart a part. I stared at my phone sitting on the table. I wanted to throw the stupid thing across the room, but if he needed me I couldn't not be there. I could feel my eyelids begin to droop as I nodded off to sleep. I shook my head trying to shake away my tiredness.

 

I rose from my spot on the couch and shuffled into the kitchen. I went to the refrigerator to grab a bottle of water to try and rejuvenate myself. As I left the kitchen I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard something outside the door.

 

I probably looked like a crazy person as I sat with a bottle of water in my hand staring intently at the door. I heard the noises emerge from the apartment next door and let my shoulders sag with disappointment.  It was just nice to have his presence around. Not knowing when he would be back or what was going on ripped through my mind like a cat’s claws on furniture.

Please log in to read the full chapter