I Have No Idea

Lunor

 

“Excuse me, can you go to the store and buy me a carton of chocolate milk?” _____ says to a thuggish looking teenager. She was sitting on a bench at a park near her house when she realized she was thirsty but forgot her wallet at home.

            “Oh ho, sweetie. You can’t get what you want without giving a little something back,” the piercing and tattoo covered teen said to her as he grabbed her chin and moved his smirking face closer to hers.

            Her dark brown eyes turned blue and again she sternly said, “Could you please buy me some chocolate milk?”

            He immediately stood up straight and headed towards the convenience store that was just around the corner from the park. About two minutes later, he showed back up with a bag filled with chocolate milk.

            “I didn’t know which brand you wanted so I bought all of them.”

            “Thank you!” she thanked him with a big smile. She looked up at the sky while sipping her chocolate milk with a straw and said, “Complete.”

            The teen snapped back into his original state and had a dumbfounded look as to why he was standing here in front of this girl who obviously wasn’t paying attention to him. He scratched the back of his head and walked away.

            Kicking her feet happily while sitting on the bench and staring at the endless blue sky, sipping on her milk, _____ was totally content with her life. Everything was perfect for her. Although there was a war going on between where she lived, South Korea, and the Barillian Empire, there was never any trouble that happened around her.

            It was mostly in Japan. There were a lot of riots in Japan, whereas in South Korea, no one tried to stop the Empire.

The Barillian Empire was hungry for land. Land with natural resources that the Barillian Empire didn’t have in its mainland. South Korea, Japan & China had vast amounts of Laripon. Laripon was the main power source to power Apollonius Vectors which are large robots in which people could control by entering into the core of the robot. You would sit in the control seat and have the power to make the AV do anything you tell it to do. Apollonius Vectors could fly, yield swords and were always loaded with built in artillery. But not just anyone could own one of these machines. These were multi-million dollar robots. And even one gallon of Laripon to fuel the machine cost up to $100,000. You had to be the Emperor of the Barillian Empire, Emperor Clovis, to afford one. And he had vast amounts of them that his whole army used to stay as the highest power of authority in these three Asian countries. 

 

           _____ was about to doze off in the park when she heard someone say, “That’s an interesting little power you have.”

 

           It was the voice of a man. She opened her eyes and turned her head to the left to see who he was. A tall man stood next to the bench. His easy confidence emanated from his posture. _____ looked at him, stunned by his attractive looks. He has the swagger of a young man who knows he’s good-looking.

            “What?” she asked.

            “Your power. The one you used to make that guy buy you all of those,” he said while pointing at the black plastic bag that sat next to her.

            “I have no idea what you’re talking about…”

            “Oh, really? Well, then how do you explain your eyes turning blue when you asked him to buy it?”

            “Oh well you see, uh, when I turn my head a certain way towards the sun, my eyes change color…” she laughed nervously.

            “Ahahahaha, you expect me to believe that? Tell me.”

            Aish, what do I do? Can I really tell this guy about my power? No one knows about it, so how can I tell a person I just met?

            He sat done next to her and said, “Tell me. Pleeeeeeeeeease,” with a pout on his face.

            Oh no, don’t do that! I always fall for it when people show their cuteness.

            She sat there staring at him waiting for him to say something. Shouldn’t he at least introduce himself?

            He stared at her also until he realized…

            “Ah! Sorry about that. Haha. Uhm, well my name is Kai,” he says while reaching his hand out.

            _____ takes his hand into hers and smiles saying, “My name is _____. It’s nice to meet you. Well, uhm, what do you want to know about it?”

            “What is your power exactly?”

            “Hmm… well, when I really want something, I just speak strongly and tell the person what I want. I can make anybody do anything. There are no boundaries for what I want people to do. The only drawback is, I can only use it once on each person, but what I tell them to do, they’ll do repeatedly whenever I ask them or when they see me. I say the command, they comply. Easy as that,” she explained to him.

            “Wow! That’s awesome! How’d you get this kind of power?!”

            “Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t remember the first 8 years of my life. I don’t know why but I just know that ever since the summer of my 8th year of life, I just forgot all about my life before that. I don’t know if I got into an accident or what. My mom has never told me and my brother wouldn’t know since he was a little baby at that time. I don’t even remember who my father is. We don’t have pictures of him in the house, so…”

            Kai stared at her with sad eyes.

            “Oh, no, no, no,” she waved her hands in front of her. “There’s no reason to be sad for me. There must be a reason for all that has happened and if my mom doesn’t want to tell me, I won’t dig any deeper.” She smiled at him.

            “Alright... Well, err, what is this power you have called?”

            “I don’t know. I’ve never really thought about it before…” she tapped her cheek.

            “Hmm, how about…” they sat there thinking for a couple of minutes until he said, “You know what? Let’s just look on the internet,” they both laughed. “Well since I have you, I want to take you somewhere.”

            She hesitated.

            “Hahaha, it’s okay. You can trust me,” he said with a smile that showed his pearly white teeth.

            “Okay,” she smiled widely. She trusted Kai, but absolutely no reason as to why she did, popped up in her mind.