I always am

My Valentine

 

A soft knock at the front door interrupted me from the television show I’ve been watching for the past hour. I hesitantly stood up and heavily dragged my feet to the door.

 

“Hello!” She chirped as soon as I opened the door.

 

I smiled brightly, glad to see her gorgeous face in front of me. “What brings you here?”

 

“I bought you breakfast.” She pushed herself in and shut the door behind her.

 

“Thanks, Tiff.” I said lightly after taking the plastic bag she was holding.

 

“I knew that the members were tired and there’ll be no one to cook for you so I bought you and Jungsoo oppa breakfast.” She sat down the couch.

 

“Oh, you bought Teuk hyung too?” I asked, my smile slowly fading.

 

She nodded, “I went to the set of Starking today.”

 

I didn’t reply anymore and just went to the dining table near the living room to eat my breakfast silently. 

 

++

 

“Want to go out?” She asked.

 

“I shook my head, “I’m tired, let’s just stay here.”

 

“Alright.” It was another lazy afternoon and it just happened that we both don’t have any schedule. I was happy to spend the whole morning and afternoon with her but was also really nervous. You see, it’s Valentines Day tomorrow and I am still finding that little courage in me to ask her out.

 

“Tiff, I—” She turned to me. I met her cresent shaped eyes and my heart started beating crazily.


After a few seconds I managed to say, “oh never mind.” I decided to ask her as soon as my heart slows down and when my hands aren’t shaking anymore.  She shrugged as we continued to talk about senseless things and laugh at each other’s silliness. Whenever I’m with her, I seem to change. That cold face turns to a sweet and gentle one. As much as I hate to say this but Kim Heechul becomes shy whenever Hwang Tiffany is around.

 

“Okay,” I chuckled. “Strawberry milk or Kim Heechul?”

 

“Strawberry milk.” She quickly answered as I feigned a pout. We were sitting down on the floor in my room and were playing random games. I crawled to herwhile she stands up and ran out, slamming the door.

 

“Hey, come back here, you traitor!” I teasingly yelled and followed to run after her.

 

She scampered her way to the living room, giggling. “You can’t catch m— ow!”

 

A loud thud was heard as her buttom landed hard on the floor. “Ouch.” She managed to say.

 

“I’m sorry, princess.” I looked up at Teuk hyung, his hand extended to her.

 

“You’re back!” She gladly took it and smiled as if nothing happened. My eyes were filled with jealousy as he gathered her in his arms.

 

“I have been dying to ask you this,” He whispered but loud enough for me to hear. She looked up at him, he lurched backwards and smiled at her.

 

“Will you be my valentine?” My heart started beating faster, I hoped for her to decline and walk away and come to me but instead I heard her say the most painful words right at that moment.

 

I slowly backed away and silently slipped in my room. I locked the door and felt my knees weaken. I made my way to my bed and lay there.‘Kim Heechul doesn’t cry.’ I hugged myself to sleep.

 

I didn’t feel any better when I woke up the next morning. I locked myself in my room, ignoring those annoying knocks from my worried members. I sat there staring at nothing, I feel so.. lost.

-

As I was about to close my eyes to sleep, I heard the obvious sound of the key unlocking my door. I closed my eyes and covered myself with the blanket. I heard footsteps come near.

 

“Oppa,” Her husky voice echoed through the dark and devoid room. “Guess what?”

 

I pretended to be asleep, hoping she would just go away and leave me alone for this time.

 

“Teuk oppa and I are together now.” She said. I winced, my heart felt like it has been crushed into millions of pieces. I prayed to God that she would go away, I prayed that she would not talk anymore. And after a few seconds, it felt like my silent prayer was heard. I felt her stand up and close the door gently.

 

I hugged my knees and tears unknowingly cascaded down my face, “I’m too late, I always am.” 

 

++

comments are loved. ♥ please let me know what you think. :D