Phew..

When he's smiling..

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAY!!! heheheh~ *over sugar, 3AM*

Oh, no more words from me, please enjoy~ :D

 


 

Yo, my name is Hwang Chansung. I’m on my 17 this year. My birthday is on March 11. Oh, I’m a male. I guess I’m still on my age when I should stop wondering if I a hetero or homo, but I think I will get through that as time pass by. I have a cat pet I named Jeonggam. I live in a small apartment, well, it’s not apartment actually, but.. I don’t know how I should call it.. The thing is I live in one of my landlord’s room. And I paid it monthly. You get the picture, right? I’ll take that as an okay. Kekeke~

 

And why I don’t live with my parent, well, I want to, I really do, I love them. But, you see, my mom was died giving birth of me, so that left my dad and me, ah, but I know my mom is really beautiful. I think, I kinda catch her figure, especially the eyes, since dad is monolids. Well, It’s a sad story, but, I don’t really think that way, dad has already been the happiest person in the world since, Yubin-shi coming into our family, for short, she’s my new mom. She’s fun, cool, pretty, fashionable, and she’s make a good mom. And.. I don’t really want to their newly wed moments while being a giant kid in their first year of marriage. Hhh.. I felt like a burden for her and of course dad, they must have want some time for themselves for a while. And for that reason I live by myself and told them I want to try to live as an adult, alone. And the fact that I have a new baby brothers, twins, makes me even more hesitating to visit the house, just, hhh.. It must be tough having me wandering around them.. But it just my guess, kekeke.. Well, enough about my family.

 

Let’s see. Oh, my favorite fruit is banana. But when it comes to food I love everything especially rice. And I love my new umma’s kimchi soup. It’s delicious. You must try it.

 

 And about school, I score fine, well, not too good actually but I managed this far, of course with lots of remedial. Kekeke~ My brain is just not that good at remembering things. But my physique is really good. I must say that I’m good at P.E classes. I almost can do any sports, well, not about running though, being fast is kinda a problem for me. But then I join the school’s dance club. I really love it this far even though I’m not too good at dancing. It’s my classmate Wooyoung who being called king of dance. A little much but, I admit he really do have the talent. I usually hang out with Jaebum-hyung, he’s a senior, and JB and also JR, our freshmen. Oh, don’t forget Suzy and Joo. We always hang out together whether it was going on a night club, having fun at the karaoke, or just walking around the mall and eating dinner together. We’re really best friends. But, overally I make lots of friends, and girlfriends too. Please don’t think negatively, but I do have a lot of ex-es even though I’m available right now. But still. Even though, I befriended most of people, especially my classmate..

 

But there’s still this one person..

 


 

f(x) = 2x2 – 10x + 24

 

And what is the x-es?

 

Every eyes were fixed on those number on the white board as Teacher Park write it with that black marker on his hand.

 

“Try to solve this in 5 minutes, guys.”

 

Always an easy going teacher he is. He’s never treated his students as one, he’s more like friends and sometimes can be a father too. And as soon as he told them that, everyone begun scribbling on their notebook, or just random papers on their tables. Each one of them trying to get the right numbers from the question. Some people hav that ease expression, some people were doubting their own answers, some people frowning, and this guy is just staring on one of his classmate.

 

“Chansung-ah, are you gonna sleep again at this moment?”

 

The boy with the said name actually snapped out and stopping his staring activities immediately. And he ended up gaining some laugh and chuckles from his classmates with the awkward smile he gave.

 

“Ah, sorry, sir.. I was kinda sleepy.”

 

“Yah! You always sleepy everyday!”

 

And the conversation only provoking more laughter in the class. But one of them, doesn’t seem so amused by the situation. He prefers scribbling than being a part of the commotion.

 

Noticing what the serious guy did instead of laughing, catching Chansung’s attention and he’s back at his previous activities.

 

“Hhh, be quiet, people~ So, anyone has already got the answer?”

 

The question seemed to make some of the students realized that they haven’t even finished their task, too caught up with laughing. And as usual, the redhead who’s sitting in the second row, raised his hand. Just a regular habit on this class having this redhead settles some nasty problem on the board. And Chansung’s eyes are still following his movement from behind him.

 

“Oh, then please, Junho-shi..”

 

He stood up from his seat and found his way on the front class, taking the marker from the teacher’s hand and start re-writing what’s written on the book he’s holding. And someone is still trying to burn some holes in his back, his hair, his moving hand. And this someone had just realized that the man he’s looking at is actually left handed. It’s such a discovery for him, and he quite amused with himself for be able to notice that. And he intends to find some more information about the redhead.

 

This is the first day for Chansung, this copper haired boy, to fulfill his mission to know more about this classmate of his, Lee Junho. It’s not his habit to be staring a male for hours, but this one fellow just successfully making him curious. He has one reason and another to get to know him, but mostly for satisfying his own curiosity.

 

He had never actually feeling like this toward this brilliant classmate of his, but he admits that the fellow student sometimes could be surprising and mysterious at the some times. There’s when he heard Junho’s dream for world peace at their freshman period, the very first day at school, well, Chansung was just really  amused with the other freshman’s naïve idealism, actually, he’s looking down at Junho. There’s also a times when Wooyoung, one of his friends on the dance club ever since freshmen, told him that this little Junho is actually Wooyoung’s other twin. It surprised him, well, they don’t share the same identical face, but when he looked at it again, he could start acknowledging them as twins. Oh, and don’t forget when Junho came school with his dyed flaming red hair for the first day on their sophomore year. And in that case, the redhead was not only surprising Chansung but also the whole school, not to mention the teachers. Also, the times when he realized that the slender guy is going to football club not the same dance club they shared when they’re still freshmen. Well, Chansung has a lot of friends including those boys who are into football, and he sometimes joined them on the game, and he never thought that Junho is part of the team. And he isn’t really sure about Junho who has a football interest. We he sure look very enjoying when they played together, he laughing and shouting, and look happy, but does playing football is interesting enough from him to leave the dance club? It was him, Wooyoung and Junho on the dance club last year, and now it’s only him and Wooyoung. And the last and the reason why he get so curious about him is  when his ex, Joo, told him that she actually likes Junho and need Chansung to help her.

 

They guy is interesting enough, for Chansung, but there’s this aura around this boy that Chansung really really hate. Innocence. One thing that is really fragile in Chansung’s opinion. And this kind of element is enough to make Chansung avoiding him. Chansung knows that he himself is far from innocent, so does his surroundings. Clubbing. Alcohol. Smoking. And . And somehow, he doesn’t have the heart to let someone as naïve, pure, and innocent as Junho to step in his kind of world. And don’t forget that he has a lot of friends without the same thinking as him. So, just let’s say that Chansung was ‘afraid’ to tainted Junho’s life.

 

He doesn’t know Junho very much, they just talked to each other when Wooyoung introduced them and there’s nothing after that. It’s just some bows when they passes each other on the hall. Not much really.

 

And somehow, this mission from Joo, gave him reasons to know him more. Of course without intending to pull the redhead to be in the same life as him.

 

“Oh~ Perfect answer as usual, thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome, sir”

 

And the redhead lips drew in a tiny smile of satisfaction.

 

Which successfully made Chansung frowned when the redhead’s smile is gone and he’s back on his ordinary cold and flat expression. ‘It would be better if he could always smile like that..’ he commented in his head. And his thought only made him more curious about the boy. ‘Has he always been this cold..?’. And he starts searching some records of Junho’s smile in his memory which not really not much since he didn’t usually pay attention on the owner of that beautiful tiny little eyes.

 

“Ok, now let’s move on, people! Open you text book pa—“

 

Just before Teacher Park finished his sentences, the whole class have already been whining and complaining. Including Chansung but not about Junho who seems okay with the idea and not very amused with the class’s reaction.

 

“Be quiet, students! Aish, stop being such a lazy bum and just do the exercise~ Page 24, exercise 2.4, do it now, or there’s no lunch time for you!”

 

And hearing the word ‘no’ and followed by ‘lunch’ is enough to make Chansung surrender and starts obeying the teacher and in any seconds he’s scribbling numbers on his book. And so does Junho, of course without the same huge interest of having lunch.

 

Each of the students seems to be into their numbers and the time is keep going with its flow.

 


 

RIIINNNGG!!

 

“Oh, my, I guess that’s the end for us today, keep practicing the grammars and some vocab, okay? See you tomorrow guys.”

 

School time is finally over and our copper haired boy is yawning. He usually sleeps on English, History, Literature, and some others boring lessons in his opinion. But not today. He had his mind occupied with ‘how to talk to Junho’ things. He even scribbled some of his ideas that popped out from his head. And while doing that, he stole some glances on the said boy. Curiosity really does all over Chansung right now.

 

And now, he better do some realization with his plan.

 

All of the students had already scrambled out of the class, some of them invited Chansung to go home together with them, he usually would say yes but today, he just said no and lied to them that he needed to meet some imaginary teachers. And he begins packed his things, slower than usual.

 

The class is clear and there only him with his attempt to pack his things slowly and of course suspiciously and there’s also Junho who’s still concentrating in writing something about some vocabulary he had determined to remember at house. Well, Junho’s twin had already rushed to the dance room as soon as the bell rang and after he said a few words to Junho. They usually go separate ways every time they have club activities. And actually Chansung has to go to the dance club too but he preferred to accomplish his mission first.

 

He’s starting to do something with his plan.

 

“What are you writing?”

 

Chansung voice startled the ever so serious Junho. Chansung was finished packing his things and he brought his backpack with him and walked to where Junho’s sitting. And the redhead didn’t seem to be realized that Chansung is standing beside him now.

 

“Ah.. Well.. about English lesson earlier.. why?”

 

“Um, nothing, justtt..  asking, hehe..”

 

Weird and awkward. It also surprised Chansung how he could be so nervous with starting a mere conversation with Junho. He chuckled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck out of nervousness.

 

Junho, in other hand, is really confused. The tall boy had never started a conversation before and neither had him. And for Chansung to start talking to him like right now, is really surprising. Well, as long as Junho remember, Chansung was part of the ‘cool’ guys on their class and he felt that these ‘cool’ guys don’t actually want to hang out with a nerd like him. Well, he doesn’t think that he’s a nerd, but everybody just determined that for him, and he don’t really give problem with it, he likes to study and no one has the rights to stop him.

 

Junho was the kind of person that seems to be cold outside but when you get to know him, he’s really care for you, and he’s actually an outgoing person with a quite good sense of humor. Some of people misjudged him especially when everyone misinterpret his Hwang-jae nickname. Doojoon was actually come out with the nickname. It’s because Junho sometimes handles things that doesn’t even his business, and because Wooyoung usually slow at studying, Junho sometimes starts barking and takes the teacher role in the house, and not to mention his desire to win at almost anything. It was just a nickname to . But now that people starting to get their own ideas about him, it’s more like to mock him And Junho’s image among people who don’t know him has changed. They think the nickname resembles Junho’s arrogant and selfish self, even some people start spreading a rumor about Junho who like ordering people and all. Well, people just jealous of his beautiful voice and awesome scores. That’s already a good thing that Junho isn’t bugged by it.

 

“So, can I help you with something, Chansung-shi..?”

 

And a path has opened for Chansung. He was wondering and thinking hard about how to go further with this crappy and awkward conversation but now that Junho start asking him something, he got his chance.

 

“Ah, can you drop the formality first?”

 

“Oh.. um, okay.. Chansung-ah?”

 

“Right, that’s better, hehehe.”

 

It’s less awkward when you drop the formality when you’re talking to someone your age, right?

 

“O.. kay, so..?”

 

“Um, well.. so this is the case.. I think I need your help with some lessons.”

 

And yes, the brilliant plan of the copper haired young man is to befriend the young Junho with making him be his private lesson’s teacher. Two birds in one stone. He may get a better score and a nice friendship with the guy.

 

“….. Oh..”

 

And Junho is still speechless at what Chansung wanted him to do.

 

“Y-yeah, I know I have never talk to you, but I think I need some professional help with my scores..”

 

He gave his awkward smile while keep praying his hardest for Junho to accept his request.

 

“Is it really… that bad? I mean, I don’t really know about your scores so I..”

 

“No, it’s okay, really, haha~ I just.. can’t believe it was that ing bad so.. I kinda desperate about it.. hehe..”

 

‘Yeah, yeah, just go with the flow, Channie, you can do it, man..’ he said with his inner self. Keeping himself look as natural as he can be.

 

“Mm..”

 

Different from Chansung who’s trying his hard to look as normal and as calm as he could, Junho on the other hand can’t hide his confused mind very well. He was thinking maybe Chansung has something hidden from him, which meant Chansung’s attempt to look ‘normal’ is sort of a failure, but he can’t figure out what is it and he was wondering what does the man to stand in front of him actually want? Is it truly just a holy desire to fixed his score, but as long as Junho knows from all the teacher’s barks and scolds in their everyday classes, he’s the one who’s lacking of attention in every classes and wasting his time for sleep most of the time. In the end he’s not sure what should he do in this kind of situation.

 

“Ah, you don’t need if you don’t want to.. I don’t want to force you. But I really hope that maybe you could give some help since you’re the cleverest in our class..”

 

Junho always likes to be praise and Chansung really hit the spot. But he still silence, trying to take a further thinking if he’s accepting the request of the seems to be helpless man in front him. It may require some of his free time, or even study time, and maybe also his leisure time, if he’s wrong he taught Changsung the wrong thing, it’ll be disaster. Well, there’s a lot of disadvantage for him. Besides, Chansung’s lazy behaviors in the class usually pisses him off.

 

“Um.. So, Junho-ah..?”

 

And meanwhile Junho is still in his deep thoughts, Chansung’s confidence is starting to drop low. He’s starting to think that his plan is not going to work and he desperately think that this stupid idea of him will make the situation more awkward with each other.

 

“Ah.. Mnn.. you know, maybe it’s kinda burden you, so it’s o—“

 

“No.”

 

Just when he’s starting to mock himself deep inside.

 

“Huh? What?”

 

“No, it’s not burdening at all, well if I should honest, it’s burdening me a lot..”

 

An honest and logical kind of answer it is. But it’s kinda amused Chansung.

 

“But, I think I could help you.”

 

By any means, the redhead has agreed for the tall boy’s request. Chansung still processing the words and ended up looking very idiot with that widened eyes and agape mouth. He just can’t believe that his plan is really going to work.

 

“A.. mm.. Chansung-ah..?”

 

“Oh, ah, right. Yeah.. So, it’s a deal then?”

 

“Uh hmm, I don’t mind, I have a few conditions though, oh but, don’t you have a dance club today? Wooyoung has—“

 

Something clicked in Chansung’s brain.

 

“Oh, ! ! Forgot!”

 

He panicked and he’s doubting himself. Should he just rushed to his now late arrival to the dance club and left the redhead in front of him or just keep staying there and have more conversation with his new tutor.

 

“You better go now than be late, they usually still warming up at this kind of time.”

 

Then Chansung muttered an ‘I think..’ and rushed to the door, slit it away and turned his back and bowed deeply to his soon to be tutor.

 

“Thank you for accepting my request, Junho-shi!”

 

“Wha—no, it’s no need to be like that, Chansung-ah!”

 

And Junho just automatically stood up from his seat, made his pencil dropped on the floor. He just returned the bow to the other student.

 

Noticing the abandoned pencil, Chansung came in again and grabbed it from the floor. And like their first met, still awkward and felt so foreign to each other, Junho awkwardly rose his hand in order to take the pencil from Chansung’s hand and told him that he’s sorry for troubling him picking up his pencil.

 

“No, really, I am the one troubling you.”

 

Said the copper head while dropping the pencil above Junho’s hand.

 

“Um, by the way, Junho, can I have your number..?”

 

It’s not on the list of his plan and it’s just said like that. He’s aback from his own action but decided to just let it flow, he’s going to need it in the future anyway, for scheduling the tutor session of course.

 

“Oh, um..”

 

He’s thinking for a bit but decided to give Chansung his number anyway, thinking that they’re going to have their study time scheduled properly. Pretty same ideas.

 

“Alright, it’s 0816999xxx.”

 

“Thanks~ So, I’ll be taking off then..”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Thanks a lot, Junho. I’ll text you later, okay!”

 

“Right.”

 

And there he goes, running along the hallway while wearing that happy and satisfied expression all the way to the dance room. Proud of himself for keeping his plan go really smooth. Exciting for the upcoming event that he will share with this new friend of his.

 

BRAKK

 

“Sorry! Hhh.. Hh… I’m late.. hehehe..”

 

And for a while, he’s somehow forgetting about his main reason to get closer to Junho.

 

Which is not the same reason as why he got so happy right now.­­­­­

 


I think the mood in this story is really calm, so much different from my Khunyoung story~ Kekekeke~ <3<3<3 But i hope you still love this one~ XOXOXOXO Thank you for reading~