Beautiful Pain

Sharing Horizon {MBLAQ Oneshots}

Another oneshot starring MBLAQ's Seungho :)

Dedicated this for MblaqJooNiel.

No, she didn't request, it's just me who wanted to write this for her.

 

***

SEUNGHO WAS worry, so worry that in the last week he had gotten only six or seven hours of sleep. It also caused those black circles that sat under his eyes and caused him to lose weight.

He was now walking back and forth in front of Hami’s room, his wife. It broke his heart and twisted his gut hearing Hami screamed in pain. He hated being the cause of her pain, but he hated even more that he was not allowed to see her. Of course, Seungho had argued but the nurses were relentless.

Seungho held his breath as another harsh scream filled the air. Joon and G.O cringed while Mir and Thunder covered their ears.

Once the scream had passed, all was silent. Seungho suddenly felt panic and frightened by the silence, assuming the worst.

It had been a only few minutes, but it felt like hours. As soon as the figure appeared in the doorway, Seungho jumped to his feet. “How is she?”

“She’s fine, everything’s fine,” said this woman in white outfit. “It’s a beautiful—” Before she could get into another word, Seungho had already darted into the room where the scream could be heard just several minutes ago. He had to see her and more importantly, he had to be with his family.

Seungho’s heart pounded and filled with love and pride as he looked into the room. Hami was sitting up in a bed, and holding a bundle of soft blankets close to her. She smiled at him with love shinning from those beautiful orbs. The sun was just rising, making everything bright, warm and golden.

Seungho took a deep breath before walking towards her bed and sat on the side. “Are you alright?”

She smiled. “Yes, just a little bit tired,” she replied softly.

He followed her glance to the blankets in her arms, seeing a tiny baby. His baby. A small pale face with slanted korean eyes and a tuft of black hair.

Seungho suddenly felt incredibly happy when the baby smiled at him.

“It’s a boy.” Hami told him.

He smiled and held out a finger. As gently as possible, he touched the baby’s -his son- cheek and then the five tiny fingers.

“It’s really beautiful,” Seungho said, looking up at her. “Thank you for completing my life.” And with that, he kissed her cheek gently.

“Hey! I want to see my nephew!” Joon blurted in.

“Sure, come here.” Seungho waved at them.

“So,” G.O eyed the two of them, “What’s his name?”

“Yang Jun Ho.” Seungho said. He and Hami had agreed that this was what they would name their child if it was a boy and Yang Hae Mi if it was a girl.

“He’s really beautiful,” Thunder praised.

“I want one...” Mir cried.

Seungho's eyes suddenly became heavy as he felt exhaustion crash down on him. Hami also looked really tired. G.O who noticed this, he quickly took the now sleeping Jun Ho from Hami’s arms.

“Super parents deserve a good rest.” G.O said, Seungho was too tired to speak so he just let out a gratitude smile.

After they all filed out of the room, the new parents laid down on the bed and snuggled close to each other. Hami gripped her husband’s shirt and hid her face in his chest as he lightly kissed her forhead. In the air hung those unspoken words of love between husband and wife, both to drowsy to say, but they could both feel it. After all, living, breath proof of their love was just in the other room.

And for the first time in a week, Seungho slept peacefully.

 

 

End of story.


Poster credit goes to Silverline from Lumière Shop — graphic & review shop

And this story has been reviewed by Chichichi25 from Lumière Shop — graphic & review shop with score: 87/90