Chapter 5

Friendly Competition

______ greeted the B2ST members, as soon as she saw them.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" All the B2ST members said in unison.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Noona!" Dongwoon said.

“Ah…manly bonding?” she asked. ‘Yoseob-ssi has muscles?! Kikwang-ssi’s biceps are HUGE! Okay…calm down girl. See what happens when I’m lonely and have no boyfriend?’

Her cell vibrated, snapping her out of her thoughts.

 

-LovelyRicky

Noona!~ Text me the cab's ID number! Safety reasons!~ Bbuing! Bbuing!~~~-

 

"Text me the cab's ID number." she read aloud. "Aigoo, children thinking they are so grown up."

 

-

I'm not in the cab yet.

 

-LovelyRicky

WAEYO?!?! Noona!!!~ Don't dilly dally.-

 

______ shook her head as she read the message.

Suddenly, her phone rang.

It was her agent.

“Excuse me, real quick. Yeoboseyo? Ah, Jinjja? Arasseo. Arasseo. Geurae…Tomorrow at Noon? Arasseo. Kamsahamnida!”

 

-itzmeys

                Don’t you have another photo shoot today?

 

______ smiled, and turned to Yoseob.

“Aniya.” She giggled. “It just got rescheduled until tomorrow, at noon.”

“Who are you talking to?” Kikwang asked, looking around.

“Aah.” Yoseob nodded. “Arasseo.”

Junhyung pointed between ______ and Yoseob.

“Oh, I see!” Hyunseung exclaimed. “Since words wont come from Yoseobie's mouth...they can, somehow, communicate telepathically?”

“Aigoo…” Doojoon said shaking his head. “Babo.”

“Hmm…I guess my schedule is free for the rest of the day.” ______ announced. “I was supposed to have a shoot in a few hours. It got postponed.”

“We smell like sweat though.” Kikwang grumbled.

Yoseob sniffed himself and made a face.

‘Bleh!~ I reek!!!’ he thought.

“I don’t mind.” She said. “I just came from a room full of sweaty boys. I’m used to it.”

Yoseob’s eyes widened and he choked on his water.

“MWOYA?!” Kikwang shouted. “What kind of photo shoot was it?!”

______ laughed.

 

-

                YAH! Don’t drown! >_<

 

“Yah! Yoseob-ssi, Kikwang-ssi, what type of modeling do you think that I do?!” she shouted defensively.  “Aigoo, I meant when I was watching my little brother! Aish…”

“Aaaah!~ Arasseo.” Kikwang nodded. ‘So she doesn’t have a boyfriend?’

______ took a seat.

She just happened to be in between Kikwang and Yoseob.

“What a coincidence, that I’d run into you here, Yoseob-ssi! I was just going to send you a message, right that second. It was… hold on…”

She typed up a new KakaoTalk message and sent it to Yoseob.

 

-

‘Flash flood warning, for the county of Yoseob-ssi. Turn around, don’t drown.’ Arasseo?! ^^ ㅋㅋㅋ

 

Yoseob read it, took a deep breath, and then discretely brushed his sweaty arm against her.

“Hmm…”

“Ewww!~” she laughed.

Yoseob smirked.

 

-itzmeys

                :P           

 

“______-ssi, how have you been these last few days?” Kikwang asked.

______ smiled at him.

“I’ve been…busy.” She said. “I work a lot during the day. So….I’m relieved to get a short break. Even if it’s just for the rest of the day, it’s a big deal.”

“You work a lot?” Kikwang asked.

“Ne. I have to provide for my family. I have no one else to do it. When I have breaks, like this, I don’t know what to do with myself.”

“Do you….want to hang out with us for a while?” Yoseob asked shyly.

“YOSEOBIE FOUND HIS VOICE!!!” Hyunseung shouted, directly in his ear.

Yoseob flinched and glared at him.

“Yeah…and he lost his hearing. You have to take something away to gain another thing, apparently?” Doojoon said.

“Hyunseung-goon is always like this.” Kikwang said.

“Aww…gwaenchana?” she asked.

“I hope so. My ears are ringing.”

“Oh, mian.” Hyunseung bowed, while seated.

“Aigoo, Yoseob-ssi.” she giggled. ‘All six of these guys are cool.’

“What the heck?” the guys muttered, looking between the two.

“When did you two start feeling…comfortable together?” Kikwang asked, he was feeling a bit jealous. “At Yoseob’s house, he was still awkward and quiet.”

______ pulled her phone out of her purse.

“My battery is down to 5%, because of this person here.” she said pointing to Yoseob. “We’re texting buddies!~”

Yoseob nodded.

“Aah, is THAT who you’ve been texting causing yourself to almost get injured?”

“When?” Yoseob asked softly.

“Hyung, you almost got hit with the ball, while playing foot volleyball.”

“Aah, Jinjja?!”

“Yoseob-ah, quit hanging out with Kikwang so much. You’re so lost lately.” Doojoon ordered.

“I don’t think that’s from hanging out with Kikwang.” Junhyung whispered to the leader.

“Definitely not.” Dongwoon agreed.

Kikwang stared at ______.

“______-ssi, why didn’t you give me your number?”

“Ah mianhae, Kikwang-ssi.” ______ giggled. “Yojinnie only gave me Yoseob-ssi’s number. Add me on KakaoTalk? Arasseo?”

“Awww…you don’t feel special anymore?” Junhyung whispered to Yoseob.

He his hair.

“Geumanhae!~” Yoseob whined, pushing his hand away.

“Noona, why are the Hyungs so special?” Dongwoon pouted. “Add me too?”

“NE!~” she said cheerfully.

Yoseob grinned.

“Strangely, I feel better now.” He told Junhyung.

“Aigoo!~ Wae? It’s not like you’re the only one of us on her friends list.”

“Ara…but we all know that Lee Kikwang is handsome. I don’t feel confident that she’d favor ME over him. Now that Dongwoon is telling her everyone’s KakaoTalk name…I’m fine not being the only one.”

Junhyung put his arm around him.

“Yah, are you going to kiss?” ______ teased. “Yojin told me about your little bromance. She said you’re closer than Yoseob-ssi and Kikwang-ssi.”

“We don’t know what they do on their spare time.” Kikwang said.

“What do you mean?” Hyunseung asked. “It’s usually the three of you. What are you three doing , without me?”

“Jealous?” Junhyung teased. “Aniya, since we don’t have girlfriend, we have our YoSEOB-stitute. He’s all of our girlfriends.”

Yoseob pouted and scooted away from Junhyung.

 

-itzmeys

                It’s not like that!~ They’re ALL crazy. Even Yojin calls me her boyfriend, sometimes!

 

______ smiled at him.

“Awww…Yoseob-ssi must be a really good person then. I mean, if he’s in high demand.”

“Mhm. We worry, because Yoseobie and Kikwangie have been friends since middle school. They troll each other, like an old married couple.”

“Hyungs even fight over the same girl…” Dongwoon said softly.

Kikwang and Yoseob’s eyes went wide.

They tackled the maknae and covered his mouth.

“SHUT UP!~”

______ didn’t hear a thing, she was clueless.

“What was that?”

The two guys breathed a sigh of relief.

“Whoa!” Hyunseung laughed. “Did you see them fly?!”

Yoseob jumped to his feet.

“Hmm…I could use an iced Americano right now.” Kikwang said, changing the subject.

“Or…patbingsu…” Yoseob nodded.

______ looked at the two and laughed.

“You two sure are jumpy.”

Dongwoon leaned over to Junhyung, Doojoon, and Hyunseung.

“Hyungs, how crazy do you think it’s going to get between Kikwangie Hyung and Yoseobie Hyung?”

“Maknae-ya, I don’t even think they’ve gotten started.” Junhyung told him. “It’ll get more intense soon.”

“Do you think she can come between their friendship?” Hyunseung asked.

“I don’t know.” Doojoon said. “Right now, it’s fun to watch though. Just wait until she knows about their feelings.”

“Uh oh….”

“______-ssi,  shall I treat you to something sweet?” Kikwang asked.

“Yah…I was going to-…”

______ looked between them.

“Um…actually…I was thinking about getting a Green Tea frappuccino from Starbucks.”

“I’m ON IT!” Kikwang shouted, running off to the coffee shop that was nearby.

Yoseob sighed.

“Aww…no fair….” He muttered.

______ looked at him and smiled.

“Yoseob-ssi?”

“Hmm?” he asked, still pouty.

“I’m glad we’re actually TALKING, in person.” She said shyly. “I think the KakaoTalk helped us.”

“Ne. Aah…I read, in one of your messages, that you….like tiramisu.”

“Oh, you remember that?”

“Mhm…I could go buy you a tiramisu cake pop….or something.”

“Andwae.” She giggled. “Just walk with me.”

“G-Geurae.” He stuttered.

Being this close to her, was making him sweat even more.

“So…it’s hot today, hmm?” she asked awkwardly. ‘Small talk about the weather?’

“Uh…y-yeah. Aish, where is that flash flood when I need it?”

She stifled a laughed.

“Aigoo, Yoseob-ssi, you really are cute.” She said. ‘He’s opening up to me. I’m so happy.’

“Yah, Yang Yo, where did BaboKwang go?” Doojoon asked.

“Kikwang-ssi, literally, RAN off to buy me a drink. Did I even say the size?” ______ asked Yoseob.

He shook his head.

“Ani…”

“Aigoo…he’s showing off, the fact, that he’s in shape?” Junhyung complained.  He put his arm around Yoseob. “So, why didn’t you run off?”

“She asked me to walk with her instead.”

“Hmm…she didn’t ask that to Kikwang, now did she?”

“How could she? He think he’s superman. He’s faster than a speeding bullet. I couldn’t just let her walk alone, right?”

“Yah, for a little, shy, boy, who has NEVER dated, or had a girlfriend, in his 22 years of life….”

“Yah…don’t rub it in.” Yoseob whined.

“I’m just saying….Yang Yo is pretty smooth right now.”

Yoseob grinned.

“I am, right?! Isn’t it DAEBAK?!~” he squealed.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

BaboKwang, if you didnt run off, she could've asked YOU to walk with her too. SMH...

Oh well...Yoseob's gain ♥