chapter one

the king's illicit love

 

CHAPTER ONE

    hee-song listened to sistar's "alone" as she ran on the treadmill. twenty more minutes to go, and her legs were burning. she changed the level even higher, "hee-song!" a voice chirped and her feet flew behind her pulling her down and the treadmill stopped. she painfully got up and looked at her leg which had a small scratch. she took off her ear-phones and glared at se-hun who tried his hardest to look somewhat "innocent". 

hee-song sighed and stood up and crossed her arms then noticing how inappropriate she was dressed in front of him. she turned around in embarrassment and bit her lower lip, 'why now? should i leave or talk to him with my back to him?' she thought.

"yah-hee-song, what are you doing? it's almost time for our date and you're at the gym sweating and letting all these meat-heads stare at you half-?" se-hun asked. he turned her around and she kept her eyes on the ground. he smirked and kissed her gently on the lips. 

people in the work-out room were staring at them, and then quickly looked away as they kissed, "get a room!" an ahjumma yelled and walked away before they noticed. hee-song, in shock, touched her lips and quickly put on her t-shirt, "yah, se-hun, you can't just kiss me in public." she said and walked off.

se-hun cocked his head, "where are you going?" he shouted after her and she looked back at him with a smile, "i need to take a long sower for our date." 

 

   "brake! brake! BRAKE!" se-hun shouted as he held onto the handle on the side of his door. hee-song stepped on the brake, making the car jerk forward. se-hun sighed, "yah, be a little more gentle." hee-song scowled, "i'm trying!" 

"just pull over there. i think i'm about to throw up what i had for lunch and breakfast." he joked. hee-song rolled her eyes at his mean joke and began to drive, "yah, yah, YAH, where are you going?!" se-hun shouted as hee-song began to stop at the exit of the parking lot. hee-song smiled, "i'll show you i can drive." "do you mean kill us?" se-hun shouted. 

"no, i can drive. you just haven't seen it!" she pouted and turned. se-hun loosed his grip on the handle as the time went on. she was doing pretty good. until... the gas tank was empty. the car stuttered and groaned as they were going up a mountain, "omo, omo, omo, don't die! don't die!" hee-song shouted hitting the steering wheel, "you can't give it fuel by hitting it!" se-hun said. hee-song ignored him, and the car swerved over the railings and down they went. 

hee-song began to close her eyes and se-hun held onto her hand, "i love you." 

 

 

 

joseon era song (might not fit but oh well)~

     "chhooooonnnaaaa!!!" a voice shouted. se-hun rubbed his eyes and woke up with the sun shining and an old man in an eunuch outfit standing in front of him. he quickly got up and looked around, "who are you?" se-hun asked panicky, and looked around for hee-song. 

"chonnna, you are in the palace of joseon. are you feeling well?" the eunuch asked. se-hun looked at his clothes and his hair. it was all historical looking. his hands began to shake, "who am i?" he asked looking at the eunuch who was raising an eyebrow, "chona, you are crown prince, oh se-hun." 

 

     "yah, get up. you can't sleep in." a girl coldly said shaking hee-song. she woke up and looked at the girl, "who are ... you?" she asked. hee-song looked around the place. she's never been in any area like the one she was in now. 

the girl smirked, "yah, you're the one who always remember the dates of the royal's birthdays and stuff. are you trying to make me pissed?" the girl asked. hee-song raised an eyebrow and looked at her clothing. then the girl's. 

"what do i have to do?" hee-song asked the cold girl. "yah, you're a palace maid, you're doing a lot of stuff." 

 

     "no way! i can't be a crown prince! i was just falling off a road with my hee-song, and now i'm a prince?! in joseon?! YAH, is this some kind of historical drama or something?!" se-hun shouted. the eunuch kept his head down, "chona, are you feeling well? you seem to have trouble remembering. please, chona, should i call in the royal physician?" se-hun shook his head, "this isn't a drama?" he asked. the eunuch looked up, "chona, what is this 'drama' you speak about?"

"i need fresh air." se-hun said. the eunuch stood in front of him, "chona, you need to change into your clothes before you go out in the public." se-hun sighed, "then, let me change."

 

      "hee-song-ah!" a little girl squealed and hugged her. hee-song smiled and crouched, "good morning, young princess." she nervously said. the girl smiled widely, "hee-song, do you like my outfit? it's new! oh, look at my make-up too!" the princess babbled on about herself.

hee-song was informally told she served the princess, and she was a palace maid. shockingly, she easily took the information and took this seriously for a weird reason. maybe it was a drama?

'hee-song, can i have those pretty flowers you get from the pretty flower fields you go to?" the princess asked. hee-song blinked, "pretty flower fields?" she asked. the girl nodded, "the flower fields you told me about. you go to them when you get worried, and you pick flowers and give them to me. you don't remember?" hee-song smiled, "no, i remember princess." she lied and stood up, "now, what do you need to do, princess?" hee-song asked holding the princess's hand. the girl shrugged, "i'm not old enough to study. maybe we can go to the pretty flower fields?" "sorry princess. we can't leave the palace." hee-song replied.

before her eyes, walked along, se-hun. she blinked and looked at him. the princess smiled, "oppa!" she squealed and ran to se-hun. he awkwardly crouched down and smiled, "princess. what are you doing here so early?" he asked. hee-song looked at him, 'no, it's can't be him. se-hun doesn't have a little sister. maybe he has a twin in joseon time?'

se-hun's eyes locked with hee-song's. they both gasped and hee-song looked away pretending nothing happened. the princess looked at hee-song, "oppa, do you think hee-song is pretty too? maybe you two can marry! i want hee-song to be my unni!" she giggled.

hee-song blushed and bit her lower lip to stop her from smiling. se-hun felt his eyes watering, 'it can't be hee-song. she would recognize me right away. she would be running in my arms by now. it's all fake.' se-hun told himself and smiled at the princess, "princess, i can't marry a lowly palace maid." he said.

the princess pouted and crossed her arms, "but oppa!" "princess, i hope you have a good day." he said with a smile and walked off. he didn't even look at hee-song as he walked past her. there was a strange cold feeling between the two. the princess ran to hee-song, "well, i tried my best. but oppa always turns you down, but he always stares at you. i think he doesn't want to like you hee-song."

hee-song smiled, "thank you princess." she took her hand, "why don't we walk around and look at the pretty flowers in the palace?" the princess nodded.

 

random input~(really random)

"where are you going?" jong-in's father asked. jong-in shrugged at the question, "wherever." 'the ginsaeng house.' he smiled and walked away. his parents always wanted him to stay home and read, but there's no way he could sit home and read all day. he was a spoiled brat who always got what he wanted.

as jong-in walked out of the ginsaeng house's gate, he watched as a young man on a horse rode by to the poorest area of the village. where it also leads to an open field of flowers and grasses. jong-in smirked and turned bumping into a girl, "yah, watch where you're going." the girl said and dusted her skirt of her dress. 

 jong-in examined her. she was pretty, "stop staring at me. i'm not a vase you can buy with one hundred nyang." she snapped. jong-in was in shock. no girl had ever said anything like that to him. he was always the one to make the decision if the girl was even worth looking at. 

"what? am i that beautiful? i apologize, but i need to get going. i can't be distracted by mute namins who have enough money to go to the ginsaeng house." she said and walked on. she was walking in the same direction as the man on the horse went. 

he smirked, first impression was definitely important. and this girl was one of his favorites. "too bad i have a fiancee. i would have taken her any day." 

 

 

se-hun stopped near a tree and sat where he could see the mountains and forests. he sighed and laid his head on the tree, "the girl's name was hee-song. she was a palace maid. she didn't look at me at all, and didn't show a sign of recognition. is she perhaps a twin? a joseon twin. yes, she's not real. hee-song, the one i know, is.... somewhere better." se-hun picked a flower from the grass and picked the petals. 

 

hee-song walked to the field where the flowers were as the princess told. she smiled and began to pick at them. red, purple, white, yellow. numerous colours. she looked around and saw a horse. no one seemed to be around. she walked up to the giant tree where the horse was tied to and walked around.

'the prince?' she asked and looked at man. he looked up and she gasped, "are you, se-hun?"