February 2011, 12th

Till The Last Rose Dies

 

* Italic – thoughts 

* Purple - dreams

 

Till The Last Rose Dies

 

[Chapter 1]

 

Young Minhwan stared at the small bouquet of roses given the man he loved, which he placed in the vase three days ago. Most of the roses had already started to lose their freshness and started to wilt.

 

“Roses, oh roses,” Minhwan told 11 of the flowers, “Please don’t wilt, don’t die so fast.” He touched one of the red petals. “After all, you’re given by hyung…” Minhwan looked at the piece of note left together with the roses.

 

Hwannie,

Meet me at FT Café on the 14th of February, at 9am.

I’d like to see you with roses. <3

 

PS - I will love you till the last rose dies.

 

Love, Binnie. (:

 

Minhwan pouted. Somewhere within his heart, he felt a little angry and disappointed. “Wouldn’t all the roses die by then?” He looked at the calendar hanging at his wall. “Today’s only the 12th of February.” Won’t you love me after that? Minhwan bit his lower lips. The younger boy took the vase of flowers to the kitchen to change the water to a fresher one, hoping that the roses will last as long as possible, at least till the 14th.

 

“Wonbin-hyung…”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“H-Hyung… N-No…” Minhwan mumbled. “Hyung!”

 

Minhwan jolted up, shaking the bed tremendously. He didn’t realize Seunghyun was awake next to him.

 

“Minhwan,” Seunghyun said, his hands found itself on Minhwan’s shoulders, trying to comfort his roommate, “Are you alright?”

 

Minhwan panted from the dream, feeling the tense hammering beat in his heart. “R-Roses…”

 

Seunghyun was confused as ever. “Roses? What rose?” 

 

The younger boy realized what he said and kept quiet. He didn’t want to let Seunghyun know about the dream he had. Instead, he turned to his digital clock and saw the date.

 

4:23AM; 12 FEB 2011

 

He inhaled a sharp breath. Oh God. 12th of February, the same date as the dream just now. What is happening? That happened three years ago… Three years already…

 

Meanwhile, Seunghyun was looking intensely at his friend, feeling worried.

 

“Minhwan ah,” Seunghyun said while patting the boy’s back, “Are you alright? I’ll get you some water.”

 

“N-No,” Minhwan pulled Seunghyun’s sleeves, “I’m alright, don’t go. Stay here with me.”   

 

How can Seunghyun reject the boy’s request? After all, he was the only one who managed to move Seunghyun’s heart. Seunghyun sat closer to Minhwan and patted his head. “Alright, alright, I’m not going anywhere. Rest now? It’s only 4.30am.”

 

Minhwan let out sigh. “Okay.” He turned to Seunghyun before his head touched his pillow. “I’m really alright.”

 

Seunghyun smiled. “Yeah, yeah. Sleep now.”

 

Minhwan returned his smiled in the dark. Seunghyun felt really contented looking at the boy’s smile. He closed his eyes, convincing himself that Minhwan was alright and there was nothing to worry about.

 

Goodnight, Minhwan.


 

TBC 

 

A/N: It's very short. But I think Chapter 2 will be much longer than this.. (: