The Districts and Vilow (Read all)

And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!

Months before the actual games, the families in every Districts say their goodbyes. You see crying, screaming, parents holding their kids, and in rare times, kids killing themselves. In the arena, the place thats man-made and is suppose to look like deserts, jungles, fields, meadow and more, is also where they have to fight to the death until one victor remains. To add injury, the whole country is forced to watch the kids being soldiers. The games are made for the reasons of the old war. When all the thirteen districts rebelled against the the capital of their country, Vilow, the war almost wiped out district 13. When they had a treason, the capital, Vilow, placed a deal along with the treason. Since the districts rebelled against Vilow, the districts are cut off from each other, will not experience a luxiurious life like the citizens of Vilow, and is forced to work for Vilow, to provide every need. Each district has it's own 'industry'. Out of all thirteen, only three districts are allowed to communicate with Vilow. (District 1, 2 and 4) These districts have benefits and are richer than the rest. Vilow the capital of Korea, has futuristic and advanced technology, they have robots to clean, cars that float, and clothes that shine. Even if the three districts are 'rich' they are no where near Vilow. The three districts however 'cheat'. They train themselves since they were young, and volunteer during the picking of the representative for each of the district (or the event called the reaping). Their goal is to bring pride in their district. The three districts are all training since they were young (which is prohibited) they can get away with it because of their closeness towards Vilow, and because they are rich. They usually team up and form a group called the 'career' or 'careers', they hunt and kill for weaker opponents or threatning opponents.

 

District 1:

Luxury - Where they manufacture gems & jewels, make perfume, wine and gold. They are also the richest District, they are proud of themselves. They have village like houses (which for the districts, are only for the rich), people wearing plain prom like dresses, polos, neck-tie. (Career)

 

District 2:

Masonry - The workers provide stones, concrete, bricks, and plaster. The guards of Vilow (Like police) are mostly from district 2. Their houses are all made out of bricks, they usually wear jumpers, shorts, skirts and dull colored dresses. (Career)

 

District 3:

Technology - The people's jobs are Technical support, Assembly operator, Engineer, Tester and Technician. Before the war, they were one of the richest districts, but because they were also one of the first to rebel, they now live in poverty. They live in small wooden houses, and wears, pants, jackets, and ugly dresses. (rare) 

 

District 4:

Fishing - Some jobs are Fishermen, Longliner, Trawler, Canner, Ship captain and Deckhand. They are very skillful. They are experienced in using and making nets, using a trident, making fishhooks, swimming and identifying edible seafoood. They live in wooden houses. People usually wear clothes for swimming, like skirt (for swimming), shorts, sandals and shirt. (Career)

 

District 5:

Power -  Their main jobs are Plant security officer, Geologist, Equipment manager, System analyst and Maintenance. They are incharge of generating electricity for the whole country. They live in small wooden houses, and they usually wear jumpers or light colored outfits.

 

District 6:

Transportation - Their works are Porter, Router, Mechanic, Conducter, and Baggage Handler. They live in cement houses, their district usually has scattered vehicles. They wear thick clothing, dark outfits and pants.

 

District 7:

Lumber - Some jobs include, Lumberjack, Load Puller, Lead Climber, Furniture Builder, and Carpenter. They are usually surrounded by forests. They live in furnished wooden small houses, and train kids to use axes to work. They usually wear jumpers, brown outfits, long dark dresses for the richer people, and pants. The people are usually very conservative.

 

District 8:

Textiles (Clothing) - Their jobs are Weaver, Dress Maker, and Designer. They are forced by Vilow to make 'poor' clothes for the rest of the districts, and Vilow will deliver it to the districts. The people are fortunate enough to wear what they make, but in return they have to make only 3 clothings that they are allowed to wear, it cannot be in the same design as the Vilows fashion. The district is very small, it's covered with dirty factories, they live in tiny wooden houses, wear plain dresses, shirts and old pants. (Unless they wear the three outfits they make)

 

District 9: 

Grain - Their jobs include as a Cropper, Farmer, Plower, Sower and Harvester. Like district 8, this district is also surrounded with factories manufacturing rice. This district is covered up with fields. There aren't as much as houses as the others, but they live in huge barn like houses. They wear hats to keep away from the blazing sun, jumpers, white shirts, pants and baggy shorts. 

 

District 10:

Livestock - The peoples works are, Butcher, Milker, Breeder, and Rancher. They live in wooden houses and is also surrounded with fieds for the animals. The people have advantages over using knives, they teach butching to kids as early as 15 years old. They wear aprons often, shirts, pants, and Bandanas over their heads.

 

District 11:

Agriculture - Their main jobs are Harvester, Irrigator, Gardener, and Farmhand. They are surrounded with rare and luxurious fruits and vegetables but is not allowed to eat it. They usually eat apples. They live in wooden houses, and wear flower patterned dresses, boots, bandanas, shirts, pants, and white gloves.

 

District 12:

Mining - Their jobs are mainly about Coal mining. They live in small wooden houses, wear jumpers, dark colored outfits, and plain dreses. They are one of the smallest districts, due to the size.

 

District 13:

Graphite, Nuclear - Graphite Miners and Nuclear Scientists are their main jobs. They were almost wiped off due to their threatening place. Vilow and District 13 never got along since they both contained unimaginable power over nuclear weaponry. They live in brick houses and wears thick clothing.

 

There are guards in every district, they could be less strict or more strict, depending on the districts people, industry or sometimes, clothing.