Forgotten

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sorry for the delay. Just wanted to give everyone a double update!!!

 

You stumbled backwards, stunned at what you just heard. The room became silent and everyone turned to look at you.

“Appa,” Donghae exclaimed, “Stop messing around. You’re freaking her out.”

“Ani, Donghae-ah, I honestly do not know who this girl is. Did we meet in the company perhaps?”

“Appa, this is Mei Ri. You were the one who introduced her to me at the company gathering at our house earlier this year. Don’t you remember?”

Mr. Lee turned to face you and raised his eyebrows. From his expression you knew he had no recollection of that day. “Well, in any case it’s a pleasure to meet you Mei Ri. As a friend of Donghae, I am surprised I haven’t met you earlier. You should drop by the house sometimes.”

You heart sank. Friend? You were his fiancé!

Mr. Lee then immediately turned to address his wife. “Jiyeon-ah! It’s so great to see you again. So how are the wedding plans for Donghae and Sica going?” 

At that instant, your muscles were paralyzed. Sica’s expression, however, immediately brightened. The boys stared at Mr. Lee with shock. You noticed Ryeowook was gawking throughout this entire situation, unable to take in anything that was happening. Eunhyuk, who stood beside Yunjin the whole time, instantly raised his eyebrows in disbelief. The only person who you noticed was watching you intently throughout the entire time you were here was Henry. His expression was soft and full of care.

“Sica?” Donghae exclaimed, “You have got to be kidding me! Appa, if this is some kind of joke, it’s not funny.”

From the corner of your eye, you noticed that a quaint expression of sorrow and disappointment was present on Sica’s face. Donghae had told her before that he had no feelings for her but Sica never realized how strongly he felt about it. It almost seemed as if the thought of marrying her was absurd. Any slightest form of sincere love for her was all washed away from his heart, all because you entered his life. His heart had changed. And sooner or later, she had to accept it.

“Donghae-ah!” Mr. Lee reprimanded angrily, “Don’t use that tone with me! Weren’t you the one who was completely enamored with this young lady?”

Donghae shuddered at the thought. He must have been so blinded by his infatuation with Sica that he completely disregarded the other things in life: his work, his friends, and his family.

“This wedding is happening and that’s final!”

“Appa! I WON’T!”

“Aish! What happened between you two? Did you fight?”

“No, we just grew apart. It’s not like I have been unfaithful!”

Unfaithful? A set of memories flooded through Mr. Lee’s mind. He squinted when he saw series of white flashes before him. He then saw himself walking up the darkened staircase following the whispers of his wife.

“We can get all the money . . . “

“We can be together . . . “

He quickened his pace and burst through the door and saw his wife in the arms of another man who was hidden in the shadows. Then he saw another series of white flashes, then felt a harsh throbbing his chest, excruciating aches in his arms and legs and a severe pain emanating from his skull when everything faded to black.

“Appa!” Donghae exclaimed when he saw his father faint right before his eyes. His body laid motionless on the floor when the boys and Donghae, immediately rushed to his side.

“What happened in here?” the doctor interrogated while rushing into the room. Panic and shock were present within his eyes when he saw his patient on the floor. Along with the other physician assistants who followed him into the room, they managed to lay Mr. Lee back onto the bed.

“You all need to be extremely careful with him. He cannot get to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter