What did his heart want?

What His Heart Wanted

 

5 years later…

 

Yongguk was walking through the park with his hand intertwined with his new girlfriend’s hand. He looked over to his side and smiled down at her. She was the one he thought to himself as she looked over at him and tilted her head curious to what her lovely boyfriend was thinking as he stared at her affectionately. He laughed and poked her nose. She pouted then gave him her most angelic smile that he loved so much.

Meanwhile somewhere near, Zinger was laying her head on her new boyfriend’s shoulder. He looked down at her and smiled as they walked through the same park. She held onto his arm and closed her eyes. She was happy, finally happy with someone she loved. She knew he was the one. Then he slowly kissed her forehead which made her open her eyes and look at him. He gave her his warm loving smile that she always fell for.

 

The two couples crossed paths and for a while they froze. Zinger and Yongguk’s eyes widen as they saw each other. They felt it again, the pain and regret from their break up. For a while it felt as if time has stopped and the both of them just looked into each other’s eyes. Then they noticed the people by them and noticed that they weren’t by each other anymore.

They really met other people.

Zinger looked away first as her boyfriend continued to walk. Yongguk just stayed standing there trying to make out who he just saw.

“Yongguk are you okay?” he heard his angel’s voice. He quickly woke up and smiled down at her. “I’m fine. I thought I just saw someone I knew but I guess it’s not 'him'.” Yongguk answered her. She just looked back at the other couple they had faced. Yongguk turned her to face him. “It’s nothing really.” He told her reassuring her. She smiled softly as she believed his words.

“You okay Z?” Zinger’s boyfriend asked her as they sat at a nearby bench. She looked at him and smiled as she nodded her head. He looked at her doubtfully. “It was him huh?” he suddenly asked her. She looked out at the river in front of them before nodding her head slowly. “You sure you’ll be fine?” he asked her again worried. She placed her hand in his and looked at him. “As long as I have you I know I’ll be fine.” She told him lovingly. He hugged her touched by her honest words.

 

Her boyfriend left her for a while to get them something to drink and his girlfriend left to get something for them to eat.

Yongguk walked around to find her sitting there as she stared out at the river. She still looked amazingly beautiful to him as she was in her own thoughts. He couldn’t help but fall into her spell and walk towards her.

Then he shook his head as he realized what he was doing. She heard footsteps walking towards her. Thinking it was her boyfriend she turned back only to be shocked.

Time froze again as the two just looked at each other.

“What are you doing here?” she asked him coldly making time run again. “Are you happy?” he asked her. She looked to where her boyfriend was waiting in line at. “I’m happy.” She answered him shortly. He felt as if a knife was being stabbed into his heart because of her coldness. There was no more warmth in her voice.

But what else would he expect?

He smiled as he threw away the knife stabbing him inside. “That’s good.” He told her with warmth in his voice. She looked at him shocked at his reaction. “I’m glad you’re happy now. That’s all that matters.” He told her as he smiled at her.

She smiled back at him as she saw his smile that she had missed and longed for back then. “Thanks Yongguk.” She thanked him suddenly. It hurt it him a little but he continued to smile at her.

He then turned his back on her and walked back to where his new lover was probably waiting with their food.

She turned back to face the river and waited for her new lover to walk back to her with their drinks.

That’s how it was. Two people that broke up because of one’s heart and those two learn to move on and treat their past love as a memory that they will cherish and keep throughout their life.

They learn to move on to a new love without each other.

But they were happy.

That’s all that mattered.