Caring

Tears

Victoria smiled to herself happily, walking down the SMent building. It was a rather fine day. The sky was a gentle yet vibrant shade of blue. The sun was partly hidden by the soft and white clouds passing, giving shade to the creatures outside. Today, she wanted to find something interesting. although, she never expected what she would find.

She wandered down the hall, going into all the old or unused practice rooms. Since new practice rooms were built, the old ones lost its use. Instead, it was turned into an area for the rookies and trainees to play or hang out. When Victoria walked down these halls, she never expected to find Kyuhyun of all people crying like a child.

"K-Kyuhyunnie?" Victoria stuttered, wondering why Kyuhyun was here. His knees were pressed against his chest, gentle tears running slowly down his pale cheeks.

"...Qian-ah..." Kyuhyun muttered, turning his gaze to Victoria.

"Why are you here? Why are you crying?" Victoria asked, only taking another step closer to Kyuhyun's sitting figure.

"Why am I here? Well... I wanted to be by myself for a little while. The old practice room was the perfect place. And to why I'm crying..." Kyuhyun bit his lip slightly, seemingly hesitant of whether to tell Victoria or not.

"Hm?" Victoria silently urged him to go on.

"No reason really. I just wanted to cry." Kyuhyun answered. Victoria's eyes locked onto Kyuhyun's. Something about that sentence seemed like a lie. It seemed like Kyuhyun was hiding the truth again.

"Huh? Why's that?" Victoria asked, wishing Kyuhyun wouldn't lie to her so much.

"... I don't know. I just needed to cry after a while. I don't seem to have time to cry anymore." Kyuhyun muttered.

"... No time to cry?" Victoria asked rhetorically.

"Qian-ah, remember that I am a hallyu star who goes out in front of thousands of people. What would happen if I cried in front of them?" Kyuhyun questioned in a slightly whise manner.

"Oh..." Victoria made a sound of understanding.

"who am I?" Kyuhyun suddenly questioned. Victoria listened to that question, knowing the answer Kyuhyun wanted. It wasn't the first time he asked her that question, and it definitely wouldn't be the last.

"... Cho Kyuhyun. My boyfriend." Victoria mumbled.

"Good. A different answer from just 'A member of Super Junior'." Kyuhyun gave a weak smile, almost letting the shape collapse onto itself right after it appeared. Victoria approached Kyuhyun and kneeled down onto her knees, taking out a tissue from her pocket and wiping the tears from Kyuhyun's slightly reddened eyes.

There was a gentle silence as a intense gaze was shared. At that moment, she realised a somewhat important thing. Even though it may seem pointless to know, Victoria was older. Yes, Kyuhyun did look after Victoria to the point that he could have been considered over protective, but never once had Victoria done something for Kyuhyun. In other words, never once had Victoria acted the way she wanted to for Kyuhyun.

"Do you... want to go get something to eat?" Victoria asked.

"Do I have to pay?" Kyuhyun asked back.

"... I'm Noona, I'll pay." Victoria replied, a small smile crawled to Kyuhyun's lips. Victoria smiled. This time, the smile was a real one.

"Hah, I can't believe you just called yourself a Noona." Kyuhyun mumbled, standing up from his former position.

"Am I not allowed to?" Victoria asked, standing up as Kyuhyun gave her a little pull by the wrist.

"You can if you want. It's just weird to hear you say that." Kyuhyun replied.

"I guess." Victoria muttered.

"Qian Noona, let's go and get something to eat. You're paying for me." Kyuhyun smiled.

"Yah! Don't call me that!" Victoria whined, Kyuhyun laughed.

"Okay Qian... Noona..." Kyuhyun muttered as he doged another one of Victoria's attempts to hit him.

"Yah!" Victoria yelled.

"Hurry up, Qian, I'm hungry!" Kyuhyun shouted with a smile on his face, ending his sentence with a cut off laugh.

Victoria stared for a second, something about that smile just seemed so fake. Something about the way he laughed just seemed so forced. Victoria knew already. Even without asking, Kyuhyun was acting again. She knew that on the inside, Kyuhyun was probably feeling terrible and hurt. But of course, because Kyuhyun cared more about others than he did himself, gave a false emotion for the world to see. After all, the job of an idol is to entertain others and make them happy. But half the time, the entertainer was never happy on the inside. I mean, with the world continuously making rumours and saying nasty comments, of course they would start to feel sad. But most of them wouldn't say anything. They would stand tall and proud, pretending they couldn't hear anything. But in the end, they would break down. Not necessarily on the outside though. Only on the inside would they ever break down. Kyuhyun was one of these people.

Maybe though, just maybe, it hurt Victoria more than it hurt Kyuhyun. To see her beloved boyfriend go through everyday in torment and sadness, it hurt just as much. Or maybe even more. Kyuhyun walked to the door, slowing down at every second step.

Victoria stared at Kyuhyun's fleeting figure.

...
...
...


"From now on, I should take better care of you."