First Meeting

The Midnight Romance

   The forest is livening up again at the start of spring. The flowers rejoice when the ray of the sun penetrate their petals. The branches of the trees are dancing with the rhythm of the wind. Insects, birds, and reptiles are up early to do their morning chores. The morning mist slowly disappeared and was replaced by a bright atmosphere. The sunlight was beaming over the horizon. Fresh and breathtaking it is!

   Spencer is a fresh nobleman finding his way to the infamous River of Youth. According to the tales and myths, the river is said to be a cure to every sickness, joy to every sadness and fortune to every poor. 

   He is born of royalty, son of Duke Beckingford, heir to all his family's wealth. With his height almost six feet, women are attracted to him. Wherever he go, women cannot resist his manly charm and the air of danger that surrounded him. And, of course, he's gorgeous and y, and he knew it. He can buy anything he want, his life is almost perfect. Every man would like to be in his shoes. But they didn't know that he never had the greatest treasure life could offer. Love.

   He had longed to find the woman that could make his knees weaken and make his dull and boring existence into something bright and interesting. Everytime a woman shows her interest in him, of course, he wasn't a saint and took advantage of it. But he never asked them for marriage. The only thing he has interest in them is for them to warm his bed at night.

  His only entertainment are his horses, gambling and women. But it only left him cold and empty inside. If only money and gold could buy happiness. 

  He wound his way through the woods and a glint sunlight was reflected from a distance. He glanced behind him to make sure that his annoying royal guards haven't found him yet and he nudged the stallion toward the light. For a moment, the time he traveled was like of years. He is thirsty and the heat of the morning is making him sweat and his face is already sweat-covered. 

   He bursted into a clearing and the River of Youth was just 20 feet away from him. He got off the stallion and grabbed the reins. He tie the reins into a knot to a nearby tree and after that, he walked into the riverbank and knelt down. He splashed water into his face and drank some. He sigh. The water tasted sweet. He leaned back and sat in the ground and stare up the bright sky. 

  He remained in that position for several heartbeats until he heard splashing of the water. He drew his sword from the scabbard that was always in his side. The forest is full of wild animals and he can't take the risk of being careless and getting bitten. He waited for several minutes and when nothing came tearing at him, he relaxed his stance. He put the sword back and admired the river. Nothing is wrong in enjoying myself, he thought, and began stripping his clothes and jumped into the water. 

  The water is cool and refreshing. The sore and aches in his body from the training yesterday are beginning to fade. He dove and surfaced again. 

  The rustle of the leaves interrupted him and he turned to see a woman clad in a thin piece of clothing. He raised an elegant brow and the appreciative smile that crept in his face was inevitable. The woman  has a generous amount of curves in the right places and that face, wow! He can see her lingerie beneath. She scanned the surroundings and when she seemed satisfied she made her way toward the river. The woman still hasn't seen him but he can see her alright. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw him and he saw a terrified look in her face for a moment before it was masked by a cold stare.