BoraxMinho

Call Me Foolish~(oneshot)

Minho. I swear he was meant to be my sworn enemy. We'd always be tied when it came to sports. I've had just about enough of this tie streak we have going on.

It's finally time for me to win against Choi Minho.

---

7 days before the big race

---

I jogged down my street, breathing heavily and having music blasted into my ear. Someone poked my shoulder a few times, and I shrieked. I pulled my earbuds out, only to see that it was Minho. "Ugh, what do YOU want?"

"I just wanted to talk! Is it wrong that someone would want to have a nice, friendly conversation with a fellow athlete?" He said, jogging at the same pace as me.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"Why do you hate me so much?" He asked.

"I don't exactly hate you. I kinda just..strongly dislike you. Yeah, let's go with that." I answered, nodding.

"But..why?"

"You wanna know why?" I stopped jogging. "You really wanna know why?" He stopped as well and walked over. He towered over me with his lean figure.

"Yes, I want to know."

"You just ALWAYS have to tie with me. ALWAYS. It's gotten on my last nerve. I'm determined to beat you at the big race." I said, crossing my arms, chin up high.

"Pshh, like you can." He said, turning to the side, arms crossed and chin up high. Just like me.

My eyes widened and I stomped my foot, "What's that supposed to mean!?"

"You're obviously slower than me. This is a 500m dash, Bora. You seriously think you can beat me?" He smirked.

I sharply exhaled, "I CAN beat you. I'm the fastest in the school! Swiftest, quickest, most agile, SAME THING! Mark my words, Choi Minho. I will beat you." I poked his chest really hard with my index finger with every word I enunciated, "I. WILL. BEAT. YOU." I put my ear buds back in and jogged away, heading back to my house. This guy gets on my nerves.

-----

"Was that your boyfriend?" My mother's voice chimed from the kitchen as I entered my house.

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, sure. Over my dead body."

She continued wash the dishes, her green rubber gloves losing their color. "He was quite handsome, though, Bora. And he looked like an athlete, just like you."

I sat on the counter beside the sink, sighing. "That guy is the one I already told you about. The one that always ties with me. Y'know, the one I said I HATED?"

My mom nodded slowly, "Oh..Minho, was it? I don't know. The way you put it, you really don't even have a solid reason to hate him. Maybe he just frustrates you because you guys are practically athletically equal."

I opened my mouth to counter, but nothing came out. I hate to say it, but my mom's right. I never thought of a genuine reason to hate Choi Minho. But he still annoys me. That boy just makes me want to tear my hair out. Finally, I hopped off of the counter and slowly made my way upstairs. Once I made it into my room, I plopped down onto my bed, stomach down. I screamed as loudly as I could into my pillow. Why was I getting butterflies in my stomach when I was thinking of Minho? It just wasn't right. I want to take him down and show him who's boss.

-------

4 days until the big race

-------

I looked down at my feet as I sat on a bench at the park, elbows resting on my knees. My hair tumbled down over my shoulders, blocking the sunlight. I sat up and placed my water bottle beside me, tying my hair. After that, I took a sip of water and saw a figure heading me way. I blinked a few times and noticed that it was just Hyorin. "Heyyy, Bora!"

She ran up to me, then sat beside me. I smiled, "What's up?"

"I have something to tell you!" She exclaimed, grinning radiantly.

I closed my water bottle and swallowed the liquid that was in my mouth, raising an eyebrow at her. "What is it?"

"MINHO LOVES YOU!" Hyorin cheered, jumping up and down.

My eyes widened, and I just froze. "M-Minho..loves me..?"

"Yeah!" She smiled and took my hands. Hyorin pulled me up and twirled me around, "I heard him say so to his friends in the hallway at the end of the school day! He was all like 'Bora's so pretty and athletic' and his friends were all like 'she's hot' and he was all..." Blah blah blah. I blocked her out.

I was still frozen. Minho. The guy that had tied with me, teased me, and made fun of me for about 6 years now? It was too hard to believe..I stood up and ran away. "I'll see you tomorrow, Hyorin! I just have to think!" I ran faster and faster til I made it home. Then I locked myself in my room. This was just too much for me.

----

"Honey! C'mon, can you please open the door?" My mom continued to knock on the door. I had my music blasting and my stare focused on the ceiling, aimlessly thinking about Minho. He loves me..he strangely loves me.

I then heard my mom sigh heavily as she walked away. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. I just need to forget about what Hyorin had told me. I need to focus on the big race.

----

2 days until the big race

----

I sat at the cafe with my laptop, browsing around without a purpose. I really should be jogging right now, but Minho was still on my mind.

Brring!

I quickly turned around to look at the door. "Hey there, Bora."

Speak of the devil.

"Hi, Minho." I took a sip of my water and closed my laptop.

He sat down beside me, smiling. "You ready for the big race?"

We made eye contact. "Uh..yeah. I'm pumped up. I'm determined to run you into the ground on Monday."

Minho smirked, "I like your confidence. We'll just see then." He stood up and pat my head, "Bye!" and he was gone just like that.

I glared at him as he walked down the sidewalk, but sighed once he was out of sight. Oh, Minho..Why must he do this to me? Everything in my thoughts was jumbled up. I really hadn't noticed any hints of him having feelings for me. Why was I so blind? It would be so different now if I knew before. I'd be much nicer to him, for one thing. No trash talk whenever we saw each other. But here I am, practically plotting his death. I've been training to totally dominate the race and just humiliate everyone else competing. I swear if Minho is not out of my head before the race, I will go insane.

----

"C'mon, Bora! You almost have it! Aaaaaaand.." Soyu stopped the clock, smiling, "...a new record!"

I was breathing heavily, grinning myself. "What..time..did..I..get?"

"1:02. You're SO gonna beat Minho."

I shuddered at the mention of his name. Thoughts of Minho had flooded my head. "AGHH!"

Soyu flinched at my loud yell. She raised her eyebrows in concern, "What is it? Are you alright?"

"It's that damn Choi Minho! He's messing me up! I cannot think straight with him being EVERYWHERE!"

"What about me being everywhere?"

I closed my eyes and tensed up. I froze completely. Once I took a deep breath, I turned around and opened my eyes only to be greeted by Minho only about a foot away from me.

"Go away." I said bluntly.

He frowned and tilted his head, "What, is my presence bothering you? Is the stench of a winner just too overwhelming?"

"I said GO AWAY." But instead, it was me who went away. I ran at full speed, already getting tired because of the previous run. I went as far as my currently weak legs could take me, which was just far enough to reach home. Once I got inside, I collapsed onto the living room couch and began to cry. This boy will be the death of me.

-----

Day of Big Race.

----

My eyes fluttered open as I awoke from my deep slumber. School was just about to start, but my eyes began closing..WAIT. JUST ABOUT TO START?

I jumped up and rushed upstairs, quickly getting myself together. I got into my car and drove as quickly as I could to the school, hurriedly running through the front doors. I was breathing heavily by the time I got into homeroom just in time. Hyorin smiled happily at me, "I was getting worried, Bora~! I thought you weren't going to make it!"

I slumped down on my chair, breathing heavily and grinning, "Well, here I am."

The day boringly went by. But once it was the time for the race, I perked up, smirking to myself everywhere I went. I could see myself winning the race. See myself higher than Choi Minho. It'll be..fun.

------

I did a few warm ups as we stood there at the starting line. I looked to my left and saw Eunhyuk. I glance to my right and spot Minho. "Alright, Bora..you got this.." I murmured to myself.

I took a deep breath as we all prepared. "Get set.."

We all bent down, ready to just pounce at the course. "GO!"

It was all blurred. Once we all headed off, it was just a blur. I imagined that I was all by myself. I blocked out the roaring crowd, the pitter pattering of the feet, the heavy breathing. It was dead silent. But once I reached the 400m mark, everything was restored. I was way in front of everyone, quickly approaching the finishing line. But once I looked behind me, one lane wasn't occupied. Instead, in that lane, was a writhing Minho, one that had tripped. I had the finish line right there..but..

"Minho!" I stopped running and turned around, sprinting to the boy. I kneeled by his side, supporting him, pulling him onto my lap. "Are you okay?"

"I'm..I'm fine..just hit my arm the wrong way, and my head hit the floor.."

I sighed as I looked into his deep brown eyes. I couldn't help myself. I just had to.

I kissed him. I kissed Choi Minho.

Once I lifted my head, I opened my eyes and looked down at him. He was smiling up at me, as I was smirking down at him.

"I love you, Yoon."

"I love you, too, Choi." He sat up and reconnected our lips, the cheers of the crowd destroying both of our eardrums. Minwoo actually won the race, tiny thing he is. But I could care less. I got the best boyfriend ever from this loss, so it's like I actually won.

-----

A/N

was it good? i hope so ^.^

i hope i write well enough for you guys.

comments are appreciated~!