THE AMERICAN

VIVA LA SEOUL

 

 

Just back from America and went straight to the mansion to see her beloved grandpa, Mr Kwo. After visiting her grandpa in her family’s mansion and unpacked her things there, she got a called from Hyomin asked to come to high-class BBQ restaurant for a friends reunion. She agreed and went at 10 p.m. to the restaurant, driving. She was the earliest that arrived.

Sunny: *sitting and waiting*

30 minutes later…

 

Waitress: Are you ready to order, miss? *smiles*

Sunny: No, no…not yet. I’m still waiting for my friends *smiles back*

Waitress: Well… it just that our manager is displease with you sitting without ordering anything

Sunny: Err… just couple more minutes, they are on their way here. Just bring me a bottle of wine please.

Waitress: Fine *annoyed*

Sunny: (where the hell are they?!)

10 min later…

 

Hyomin: *walk in and saw Sunny, running toward her* Yah!

Sunny: Yah!! What took you so long? *happily open her arms and hug her friend*

Hyomin:*hugging* Stupid traffic jam. Wow, it’s been so long since we see each other face to face. What’s up with short blonde hair? Are you Caucasian now?*joking*

Sunny: Hehe, it just the hairstyle, I’m still Korean. BTW, you look pretty

Hyunah suddenly came in.

 

Hyunah: Yah!! *rush toward both of them*

Hyunah: Hey, move over *gently pushing Hyomin aside and hug Sunny, Sunny replied*

Hyomin: Hey!

Sunny: Hehe, our lovely maknae. Wow, you look so y Hyunah.

Hyomin: Well, haven’t you heard? She is one of the top models in Seoul now.*annoy*

Sunny: Really? Why didn’t you mention it when we Skype the other day?

Hyunah: Well, the magazines just published the news yesterday. It just silly listing that they made. No biggie really. I should have been the first place!! But instead I got fifth…*still hugging Sunny*. You are not bad either, aren’t you get in the TIMES once? ‘Sunny the Iron Lady’? *giggle*

Sunny: Well…

Hyomin: What? You too got into the magazine?? Damn, so I’m the only who don’t get publish.

They continue chatting, eating and drinking for hours. Talking about their childhoods together and laughing about their stupidity while they young.

 

Hyomin: Hey, Sunny… do you still remember that guy? You know…the one you had crush on.*teasing smile*

Sunny: the one I had crush? *blank*

Hyomin: Oh, come on! Stop pretending like you forgot him. Jeez. *snickered*

Hyunah: Oh ho ho, totally. Sunny got huge crush on him. *giggled*

Sunny: What are you guys talking about? *bewildered*

Hyomin: X!

Sunny was blushing right away. Now she remembered X. The guy she had crush on, in the high school. Her mind pictured the handsome face of him. She quickly covers her face with her hands in embarrassment while her friends laughing like crazy.  

 

Sunny: Oh god…

Hyunah: Remember when you join karate club just to stay close to him. *giggle*

Hyomin: Yeah, and all the letters you wrote but you too shy to give them to him.

Sunny: Please stop.*begging*

Hyunah and Hyomin still laughing.

 

Sunny: God, I can’t believe how stupid I am that time. *still blushing and shyly smile*

Hyomin: Well, I’m only saying all this because he becoming a hotshot Seoul district attorney now. Just like you.

Sunny: Really?

Hyomin: Yup, ripping apart the Seoul underworld. The Korean peoples really idolise him, you know, like a hero. Still, X is X, dating beautiful girls, models and celebs.

Hyunah: He work at your department isn’t he? Same floor?

Hyomin: Yeah, Ugh I hate him. Always smiling, asking peoples to do all kind of things and everybody treat him like superstar. Bull Viva la Seoul.*annoy*

Sunny: Viva la Seoul?

Hyomin: It’s his idea to decriminalize Seoul. He said that on the TVs. Making Seoul more lawful and civilise. As soon as the idea came up, everyone is kissing his . I mean all that he did is just talks, we are the one that go and kick the doors down…no offense.

Sunny: Hmm, well whatever… I’m over him years ago.*honest*

Hyunah: Yeah right, you still blushing unnie!

Sunny: That’s because I’m embarrass of my young self.*defensive*

Hyomin: Oh anyway, I forget to tell you. Tomorrow is our school reunion. You wanna come? X will be there you know…*smile*

Sunny: I don’t care, and no, I won’t go. I’m busy tomorrow.

Hyunah: Oh come on! Everyone will be there, all of our friends. Aren’t you curious about them?

Sunny: I’m busy Hyunah, sorry.

Hyomin: What are you doing tomorrow? *edging Sunny, smile*

Sunny: I…got things.

Hyomin: What things?

Sunny: You know…my grandpa, the firm and all.

 

They tried to consult Sunny to go to the reunion, but she stubbornly clinging to her previous intention. Finally, they gave up. After hours of fun friendly reunion, they went back to their home. As she drove her jaguar xk, her mind can’t stop thinking about X. The boy she used to like, now becoming an influential man in Korea. A man of law. She wonders if she still has feeling for him if she ever saw him again. She afraid she might be, that’s why she refused to go to the reunion. Afraid that ancient feeling will resurface… she really wishes she could forget about him.

30 min later, she arrived at the mansion. She walked toward the lobby, when the butler suddenly approached her.

 

Butler: Mr Goh wishes to see you, Miss Soonkyu.

Sunny: Okay, where is he? *surprised*

Butler: At his office room. Please, follow me.

Sunny: *following*

As they reach the room, the butler opened the door and Sunny went in. He then gently closed it back. In front of her were her uncle and cousin. Her uncle sat in the big black leather chair behind the huge mahogany table while her cousin sat on the edge of the table. He holding a thin document in his hand titled ‘resume’. Both were looking at her as she strolled in.

 

Uncle Goh: Please, sit. *serious*

Sunny: *sitting on the opposite chair. There are documents in front of her on the table*

Uncle Goh: So…I assume you already study the papers that I fax to you.

Sunny: I did, Uncle. What are these? *referring to the documents*

Uncle Goh: Those are documents for you to read *cynical grin*

Sunny: *sigh*

Donghae: Winning 10 out of 12 first-rate cases in New York Court. Impressive…I must say. *saying, while tuning pages of Sunny’s resume* But…*close the resume* the rival that you going to face in this case is not someone amateur either.*walking toward Sunny* perhaps you know him.

Sunny: *ignoring*

Donghae: Attorney X.

Sunny: *frozen, her heartbeats stopped for a moment. She looks blankly to Donghae face*

Donghae: You know him? *smile*

Sunny: *stay silence while glaring at Donghae*

Uncle Goh: You know him, Soonkyu? *frowning, curious*

Donghae: Of course she know him, she had…

Sunny: I know him from the newspapers.*desperately cutting Donghae* (how does he know about X?!)

Donghae is her cousin and her senior in high school. She did not expect Donghae know much about her because he never really concern for her life.

 

Uncle Goh: US newspapers? They published about that brat?! *irritate*

Sunny: Yeah…he’s kinda famous *lying*

Uncle Goh: Son of a bXXch! *growl and stand up*

Donghae: Calm down, Dad.

Uncle Goh: Calm down? How can I calm down? He ruined everything!! All of our clients are gone, one by one! He ain’t going to stop until our firm bankrupt! The firm can’t tolerate this! And I can’t tolerate this! *snarling*

Donghae: It just newspapers.

Uncle Goh: It’s not just about newspapers! The more popularity he gets, the worse he make us look!

Donghae: There is still time. We can fight this war.*calming his dad*

Uncle Goh: Are you a fool? We have sent our bests, it’s useless!

Donghae: We have Sunny, Dad.

Three of them silence. Mr Goh started to calm down a little bit. He then scowled at Sunny’s face and slowly walked toward her. He grabbed her shoulder and looked directly to her eyes

 

Uncle Goh: Destroy him Soonkyu. I need you. The firm, our family’s firm need you. You are our only hope! For god sake! If we lose this case, mark my word, the firm will go under. Do you understand?! *growl*

Sunny: …Yes, Uncle. I understood *confidence*.

The men walked out of the room, leaving her alone with the document.

Sunny: *still in disbelief and baffle* (What the hell is going on?! Out of all attorneys in Seoul, I have to face him? How odd is that? Dear god, why you do this to me? The more I try to forget him, the more you bring me toward him) *looking at the documents and groan* (Ugh! Whatever… might as well read and prepare for it. I just have to beat him in court) *turning the pages to read*

She studied the documents until midnight then went to her bedroom. She tried to sleep, but can’t stop thinking about her rival. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw X face. This day alone she got tease twice because of him by her friends and Donghae. Not to mention how her Uncle Goh despise that man to the core. She heard a lot about the firm declining reputation but had no idea that it is relate to X. It’s true she been an attorney in famous law firm in New York and building a fearsome status by winning many cases against some of the finest American lawyers, even nicknamed by media as ‘Sunny the Iron Lady’. But against X....her first love?!

Nevertheless, deep down she also wonder how he is right now. What does he look like now? Is he becoming more handsome? Will he recognise her? More questions swirling around like venom in her mind.

Sunny: (Ugh, Why am I like this?! Damn, you X.) *hug her pillow and finally, fall asleep*

 

 

 

(more chapters coming... tell me if the colour is disturbing and sorry if the grammar , anyway..thank you, till then)    ;)