The Actual Story: Continued

Overcoming Fears

 

Se Hun cringed just at the thought of what happened to his friend. He pulled Lu Han out of the line and led him to a bench nearby.

Lu Han was on a roll. He couldn't seem to stop. “And then suddenly the lights came back on. I was so relieved. But then…but then…”

Se Hun squeezed Lu Han’s hand again, looking him right in the eye. “It’s okay hyung. Tell me.”

“But then more noises started to come from every direction. Only then did I notice that I was all alone in the room. So at first I just thought that the noise was people coming towards me. But as it neared I realized it wasn’t people at all. It was…it was the sound of jackhammers. And then they entered the room! There were at least ten people, wearing black ski masks, advancing towards me. I backed up until I hit the wall. I was being surrounded. They kept coming forward, the tools in their hands louder than ever. It was…I was so scared and I started crying. I fell to the ground, completely bawling my eyes out. I hid my face in my hands, sobs wrenching my body. And then…and then they were less than a foot away. That’s when the laughing started. I could hear people cracking up all over, but I was too scared to look up. Only when I realized that the jackhammer sounds had died away did I look up. The people…they took off their masks. They were some of my classmates in school. They were laughing at me! They told me…told me that it was all supposed to be a joke. That they had planned it as soon as they heard I had never been to a haunted house before. Some friends, huh?”

Se Hun listened until Lu Han finished, his heart hurting because of what Lu Han had to go through. No one was supposed to get scared out of their minds like that…especially not by classmates. That was just wrong.

“I’ve…I’ve never set foot in a haunted house after that,” Lu Han whispered, closing his eyes and trying to block out the images that kept returning to him.

Se Hun quietly wrapped his arms around his hyung, playing with Lu Han’s soft hair and murmuring comforting words.

“Hyung…let’s go home, we don’t have to go in.” Se Hun said, pulling away from Lu Han to look him in the eye.

Lu Han stayed quiet for a little bit. Biting his lip, he thought about the situation. “I…”

“Really hyung, I don’t really want to go in anymore either. Let’s go get ice cream or something,” Se Hun said, trying to make Lu Han feel better.

Finally, Lu Han spoke. “No.”

Se Hun knit his eyebrows together. “N…no? What do you mean, hyung?”

Lu Han took a breath, gritting his teeth with determination. “I mean, we should go in.”

“You…what? No, hyung, we don’t have to!” Se Hun immediately protested.

Lu Han turned to look at Se Hun. “I…I have to do this Hunnie. I need to get over this fear I have. Please…let’s go in.”

Se Hun looked at Lu Han for a moment. He could see how scared his hyung was. And how he was trying to hide it for Se Hun’s sake. But he also saw how much he needed this. Lu Han needed this to overcome his fear. And Se Hun understood that. He was so proud of his hyung. Also impressed. He would never be able to go through something like that.

“Hyung…” Se Hun choked out, now the emotional one. He reached out for Lu Han again, but this time not for a hug. Instead, he grabbed Lu Han by the neck and leaned in for a kiss, surprising both himself and his hyung.

The kiss was rough, with Se Hun trying to show all his love and appreciation toward Lu Han and Lu Han needing the shower of attention, especially from Se Hun, his favorite dongsaeng.

When they pulled away, both gasping for air, Se Hun immediately wrapped his arms around Lu Han again. Lu Han smiled against Se Hun’s warm body, enjoying the feeling.

“You’re so strong, hyung,” Se Hun whispered.

“Ani, I’m just stubborn and determined.” Lu Han grinned, untangling himself from Se Hun and getting up.

“You ready?” Se Hun asked, his hand held firmly by Lu Han’s.

Lu Han looked at Se Hun and with a fierce look in his eyes, replied, “Let’s do this.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Erm...yeah. I told you guys it would become really weird O.o LOL but I really hope you like it!!