Today's the Day!

Overcoming Fears

 

“LU HAN HYUNG! WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!” A voice shouted at the top of his lungs.

Lu Han groaned, turning away from the source of noise and pulling the blanket over his head. “Go away…”

“Hyung! Come on…we don’t want to be late!” The voice wouldn’t stop nagging.

Lu Han grabbed the pillow, folding it over his ears, trying to block the sound.

“Hyuuuung!”

Eventually, Lu Han gave up and sat up groggily, his eyes still half closed. A bright face greeted him. “Se Hun?”

Se Hun grinned, jumping up and down on Lu Han’s bed. “Get up!”

Lu Han yawned, raising his arms above his head and then letting them fall back down. He brought his hands to his eyes, rubbing them in an attempt to feel more awake. He opened one eye and looked at Se Hun, who giggled at his hyung’s expression.

“Aigoo hyung. Get up and wash up! We need to leave soon!” Se Hun hopped down the bed, pulling at Lu Han’s limp arms to try to get him out of bed. Lu Han wouldn't budge.

Still halfway in dreamland, he cocked his head in confusion. “Leaving…where?”

Se Hun laughed, shaking his head at Lu Han’s forgetful self. “The haunted house, of course!”

And with those words, Lu Han was completely awake. “H…haunted house?”

Se Hun looked at Lu Han strangely. “Hyung…you okay?”

Lu Han nodded, putting on a smile. “Yeah, of course. Erm, late night last night. Couldn't sleep...I’ll just go um, wash up.”

Se Hun watched as Lu Han stumbled into the bathroom, wondering why his hyung looked so pale.

Alone in the bathroom, Lu Han splashed cold water on his face, trying to pump himself up.

“You can do this Lu Han. That was years ago. You’re stronger now. If you can go through SM’s trainee programs, then you can survive a stupid haunted house,” He told his reflection firmly, taking deep breaths.

When he was done washing up (and prepping himself up), Lu Han changed and with one last wistful look at his comfy bed, walked out of the room and into the kitchen, where Se Hun was bouncing up and down in his seat.

“Calm down, Se Hun…you’re making me jumpy too,” Tao said, pushing Kai off the table and taking a seat.

Kai stuck his tongue out at the panda, who wasn’t a morning person and could be forgiven for his unkindness.

“Sorry…I’m just really happy!” Se Hun replied, flashing Lu Han a grin when he saw him standing in the doorway.

Lu Han gave him a quick smile before turning away and biting his lip.

Baekyeol saw the nervous gesture, and cleared his throat with a mischievous look. “Sooo…Lu Han hyung, you excited for today?”

Lu Han shot him a look before pretending to be busy with his cereal bowl.

“Yeah hyung, I heard it’s been a long time since you’ve been to a haunted house!” Chanyeol added, sliding up to Baekhyun as the two shared a grin.

Lu Han, having no other choice, nodded. Stupid Baekyeol, he thought. “Yeah…”

Se Hun jumped up. “Okay, enough eating. Let’s go hyung!”

Behind him, the other members made a “Fighting!” sign to Lu Han. 

Lu Han put down the still full bowl of cereal and wiped his suddenly sweaty hands on his pants. “Okay…let’s do this.”