Kyung and his Birthday Present

Birthday Present
A week has passed since Kyung's Twentieth Birthday.  He was thrilled that the boys remembered, and threw him a birthday party.  He even got a birthday prank which he was grateful for but at the same time disgusted.  He got a face full of warm spit/pop, yum.
 
Yet one week later, there he was sitting alone, ever so melancholy.
 
"What do you think is the matter with him?" Taeil asked Zico.
 
"I have no idea, that kid's always happy," Zico said, he wondered the exact same thing as Taeil.
 
That kid, even through his tough times, always had a smile on his face despite the fact that something was troubling him.  He tried to please everyone.
 
"...Maybe it's a girl," Jaehyo said, over hearing their conversation.
 
"No way, man.  Kyung wouldn't do that.  As much as he wants to date a girl, it would have to be a secret love.  I don't think he would risk somethin' like that," Zico stated for he knew now was not a good time for Kyung to be dating.  "Besides... If he did have a girl, he would have told us... Or at least me anyway."
 
If it was a girl that made him feel this way, why didn't Kyung tell him?  Zico felt somewhat betrayed.
 
 
~~~
 
 
When practice got over, Zico sat next to Kyung who still didn't say anything.  Kyung sighed.  Everyone else went to the showers.
 
"So... What's been up with you?" Zico finally asked.
 
"Nothin' man..." Kyung sounded so lifeless.
 
Zico put his arm around his friend.  "You know we all got your back, even BBC's got your back," Zico tried to sound cool about the situation.
 
"I know, you guys always got my back," Kyung shot back a greasy smile.
 
"There's that greasy I grew to know and love," Zico patted Kyung on the back and got up.  He felt pretty proud of himself, making his friend feel better just like that.  Problem Solved.
 
Or so he thought.
 
 
~~~
 
 
Later that night everyone was sitting around doing what they like on their free time.
 
"Hey Zico, do you think you could help me with something for a second," Kyung asked inconspicuously.
 
"Sure, what do you need help with?" Zico asked.
 
"Oh, uh something, just come with me."
 
"Alright," Zico agreed and put down his book and got up to follow Kyung.
 
Kyung slipped on his sneakers and put on a sweater.
 
Zico saw what he was doing, where was he going?  "Wait, Kyung, where you going?" Zico asked.
 
"I just need you to come with me," Kyung said smiling.
 
"Fine but it better something important, Zico said as he slipped on his shoes and put on a jacket.
 
Kyung opened the door and left.
 
"Hey, Wait!" Zico called.  Jeez that guy... What's he up to?
 
Zico looked out the hallway of their apartment, Kyung was at the end of the hallway already, looking at him, waving for him to follow.  He was heading up the stairs and left.  Zico followed, he walked down the hallway, and up the stairs.  He could think of only one place that Kyung would go in their building, the roof.  Zico ran up the stairs and stopped in front of the door that lead to the roof.
 
Why would he want to go up here? He wondered... What if Kyung was going to do something...
 
Zico realized something and burst through the door yelling, "KYUNG DON'T KILL YOUR...!" he paused to find Kyung leaning on the edge of the building looking below.
 
Kyung turns and gives him the most quizzical look.  "Why would I kill myself?  We're gonna make a comeback soon, I can't do that..." he turns around as Zico walks up to join him on the edge.  "Besides..." Kyung continues, "You guys need me." He smiles.
 
Zico chuckles, "Yeah we do."
 
They both stare at the star in the sky.
 
"... What a beautiful night," Kyung says randomly.
 
"Yup, it sure is," Zico says in response.
 
"... So what's been bothering you, man?" Zico pops the question that been bothering him all day.
 
"Geez..." Kyung face palms.  "I thought you would have known by now," he says.
 
"Me? Why do you expect me to know what you do on your own time?" Zico says hysterically.
 
"...Because it has something to do with you," Kyung said nervously.
 
Zico's tone changed, it was serious now. "What does it have to with me?"
 
 
There was a long pause.
 
 
Zico looked at Kyung, demanding an answer.  Kyung looked as though he didn't hear Zico and continued looking at the stars.
 
"... I was disappointed." Kyung finally breaks the silence.
 
"Disappointed? In who?" Zico was clueless then finally it clicked in his head that it was him.  He looked away from Kyung, his gaze met with the floor.  "Is it
me you're disappointed in?" He asked so solemnly.
 
"Yup," Kyung said, so bluntly.
 
"Why? What did I do?" Zico clenched his fist, he could feel anger slowly rising.  Why was it his fault, he had absolutely no clue why Kyung was disppointed in him.
 
"Nah, it's not what you did but what you didn't do," Kyung said.
 
"What I didn't do?  What do you mean?" He recalled Kyung being happy week a ago, it might have been something about his birthday.  "We all help setting up your birthday, we even pitched in to buy you a cake? Are you not happy with your gift?"
 
"No... I was very happy with that..." Kyung said as he was cut off by Zico.
 
"Then what is it?  Are you disappointed that I didn't buy you something that you wanted? Tell me!"
 
Kyung just stood there looking at the sky, no emotion on his face what so ever.
 
Zico grabbed Kyung by the collar and held him up, "TELL ME!" he shouted.
 
Still nothing came out of Kyung mouth.
 
"Fine," Zico let him go.  "If you're going to be like this, then I'm leaving.". He turns around and heads toward the door.  He reaches the door and pauses. 
*Sigh*  "Why can't you just tell me?  We used to be able to tell anything to each other..." He opened the door.
 
"... Because I'm afraid." Kyung finally said with his a little shaky.
 
Zico stopped in his tracks.  He didn't turn around.  "What?"
 
"I'm afraid." Kyung repeated himself but this time it had more confidence in it.
 
Zico finally turned around to face Kyung who was also staring at him.  Their gazes met.  "Why are you afraid to tell me something?"
 
Kyung breaks their intense gaze and turns around to stare off in the distance.  Zico's stare is too intimidating for him, he could not handle it.  Even with Zico's stare on him now he feels uncomfortable.
 
Zico slowly walks over to him, Kyung doesn't hear his foot steps and is surprise at the sudden back hug by Zico.  He jumps.
 
"What are you doing?" Kyung says trying to fight through Zico's bear hug.
 
"What ever I didn't do, I apologize for it," Zico closes his eyes and lays his head on Kyung's back.  "I don't want you to be scared of me, okay?"
 
They stayed in that hug for what seemed like an eternity until Zico let go.  Kyung turned around and hugged him again.  He didn't want to let him go.  Zico wrapped his arms around Kyung.
 
This moment was so amazing, Kyung didn't want to end it but he knew he had to tell Zico the truth.
 
"Uh... Zico?". Kyung calls him so nervously.  "I have something to tell you."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Would it be alright if I..." he stopped and cleared his throat.
 
"It's okay, you ask me anything," Zico was so reassuring.  It made Kyung feel like it was now or never.
 
"Would be alright if I... Had feelings for you?" Kyung finally said what he had been feeling in his heart.
 
Zico was still processing what he said in his mind.  He let go of Kyung and backed away.
 
He just got confessed to by his best friend, and it was a guy.  It was Kyung.  He didn't know how to respond.  He was confused.
 
"All I wanted was a hug from you for my birthday, thank you," Kyung bows.
 
Zico was still dumb-founded and froze where he was.
 
"I can see this is kind of a surprize to you so I won't bother you again about it and I promise to act normal." Kyung excused himself and went for the door to the stairs.
 
But they both knew, that things would never be the same, ever again.
 
"One question," Zico asked Kyung.  Kyung stopped.  "How long have you been feeling like this?"
 
"I can't really recall an exact moment it just sort of happened but I can tell you that it was recent." Kyung said.
 
"Why tell me this now?"
 
"Because I wanted to know if you felt something for me or not.  I already knew the answer to that, though." Kyung's voice turned to sadness.
 
There was a long pause until Kyung said something.  He walked up to Zico and glided his hand along his face.  "Do you think I could kiss you? Just this once, I will never asked anything of you again.  You have my word."
 
Zico couldn't say anything.  "If it's just this once then..."  His voice trailed off and his only response was to nodded.
 
Kyung smiled and leaned in.
 
Their lips met.
 
It was a peck but Kyung was ready to explode with happiness.
 
They broke it off. And Kyung back away.
 
Zico could see how happy Kyung was, he decided one more time wouldn't hurt.
 
He grabbed Kyung by the waist and pulled him in for a deeper and more passionate kiss than they have ever felt in their lives.  Zico bit down on Kyung's bottom lip and allowed him access into his mouth.  Kyung moaned.  Their tongues met and clashed with each other.  Mashing and colliding in a wet mess.
 
They pull apart, both breathless.  Kyung was still in Zico's arms, staring intensely at each other with deep and loud breathing.
 
They both smile at each other, and realize that they are caught up in something only they know and there's no turning back now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Oh my god, every time I read the ending i just, gahh!

Thanks for reading^^