Give Me Time To Think

I Love You But You Can't Love Me

 

Tiffany's POV

I was speechless after Taeyeon said that. Me, I am falling for my own best friend? "No you're not Tiffany. You're straight and you like Jiwoong oppa, not Taeyeon," I told myself. 

 

I felt Taeyeon's hands on mine. She was trying to pull my hands away from her waist but I was not allowing her to do so. "Don't leave me hanging Pani ah. If you love me, just tell me. I'm...actually in love with you," Taeyeon said softly.

 

I was still not able to talk. Taeyeon likes me? Didn't she say she would never like me? Has she been lying all the time because she did not want to lose me? Or maybe, this is all a dream. Yeah, it may be a dream. Taeyeon managed to pull me away from her. She turned around and put her arms on my shoulders. Her eyes showed sadness and hurt. Had I been hurting her all this while? 

 

"Y-you can't fall for me Taeyeon. I, I'm straight," I stuttered. I was not able to think and talk properly. 

 

Taeyeon sighed. Her hands left my shoulders as she put them in her pockets. She was not looking at me anymore. “Are you sure you like my brother more than me Pani ah? Think properly. I think you are in love with me instead,” Taeyeon said more like convincing herself.

 

I thought about it for awhile. Taeyeon was always there for me whenever I feel down. She would cheer me up in any ways even if she was making a fool of herself. She did not mind if she humiliated herself in front of many as long I was happy again. However, Jiwoong oppa, he was the opposite. He was not a gentleman and he does not spend most of his time with me. What am I talking about? Am I trying to say that Taeyeon is better than oppa?

 

“I can’t fall for you Taeyeon. You can’t fall for me as well. It’s just wrong,” I told Taeyeon.

 

“I promise I will make you happy all the time Pani ah. Please, just give me a chance?” Taeyeon pleaded. She sounded desperate.

 

“How long have you been in love with me Taeyeon? Why did you lie?” I asked. I needed to know.

 

“I have feelings for you ever since we met. I lied because I did not want to lose you. You’re too precious to me and I knew you like Jiwoong oppa from the start,” Taeyeon replied truthfully.

 

Silence took over once again. Both of us were drowned in our own thoughts. Why do you make my mind confuse Taeyeon? Why do you make it hard for me to love Jiwoong oppa?

 

“I got to go now Pani ah. We’ll talk again tomorrow,” Taeyeon said to me and left. Her figure was slowly fading away and I stood still at my spot, not planning to move yet.

 

“Taeyeon unnie is a really nice person. You shouldn’t miss out this chance,” someone said. I was startled and looked to my right only to see Jieun smiling slightly at me. “I’ll see you next time Tiffany unnie. I need to send Ahreum back home.”

 

“See you,” I muttered.

 

I was finally home. I threw my jacket on my bed and went to my bathroom. I stripped down my clothes and entered the bathtub that was filled with hot water. It stung a little but I was used to it. In another few minutes, my whole body was numb.

 

“Why is Kim Jiwoong so different from Kim Taeyeon? They are siblings but why are they so different?” I thought. I threw my head back and sighed. “Kim Taeyeon is not going to change me and I’m not going to change because of her,” I told myself and stayed in the bathtub for a few more minutes.

 

The next day, I was in front of Taeyeon’s house. I did not know why I was nervous to meet her. I took a deep breath in and pressed the doorbell. I wanted to leave when she did not open the door for the few seconds I waited. However, she opened the door and smiled slightly when she saw me. “I didn’t know you would come. I wanted to visit you actually but since you came, please enter,” she said and gave me space to enter.

 

I sat on her sofa and she sat at the opposite direction. “It’s been awhile since I’ve been here,” I thought as I looked around. “Why don’t you live together with Jiwoong oppa?” I asked.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “Jiwoong and I are not close at all. If we were to stay under one roof, none of us would survive as we would try to kill each other,” she replied.

 

“What do you want to talk about Taeyeon?”  I asked yet another question.

 

“What do you like most about me?” she asked me, not answering my question.

 

I kept quiet. I wanted to say I like everything about her but what would her next question be? “So?” she said and leaned on the chair.

 

“Everything.”

 

“Say that again.”

 

“I like everything about you,” I repeated, avoiding eye contact with her. She chuckled once again. She stood up from her seat and sat beside me instead.

 

“What about Jiwoong. What do you like about him?” she asked.

 

She trapped me. I had never seen Jiwoong oppa’s good side before. “I don’t know. He’s done nothing nice before,” I told her truthfully.

 

Taeyeon smirked and cupped my face. I was now facing her and I was not staring at her lips. It was tempting. No Tiffany, get a grip of yourself. You don’t like Taeyeon. “Are you sure you’re really not in love with me but with Jiwoong?”

 

“…”

 

“I’m going to regret doing this,” I heard Taeyeon talked to herself. I was wondering what she meant by that until I felt her lips on my own.

 

I did not pull away. I was…enjoying it. I liked it. Neither of us pulled away. We were in our own world. “Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, this is wrong!” my mind scolded me. I pushed Taeyeon away and stood up.

 

“I’m really sure you like me instead of Jiwoong Pani ah. You just need time to think,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Give me time to think Taeyeon. I’m not sure yet,” I said and left her house.