Chapter One ~ Home, Sweet, Home

Fix Me, Break Me, Leave Me

 

A/N: Okay, this story is going to be quite long. There's quite a lot to happen so it will develop a lot..As there's a bit of build up. This chapter introduces you to the beginning of Yesung's story. I hope you enjoy, it's a little short, but future chapters won't be this short ^^ 
 
 
 
 
Jongwoon was nervous. He sat on the bus with his best friend and neighbor Donghae. It was the first day of college, the only person either of them knew was the other. They'd been excited about starting all summer, even planning this day two weeks in advance. They'd planned to sleep early the night before then wake feeling fresh and ready. This all went down the drain when a too-excited-to-sleep Donghae came knocking on Jongwoon's door at 11pm, requesting a trip to the 24 hour convenience store just down the road, as they had done every night for the whole summer. They ended up too excited, drinking energy drinks in Jongwoon's garden, talking for hours.
 
Donghae had lived at the end of Jongwoon's street as far back as Jongwoon could remember, they never went to the same school growing up. Jongwoon attended the local school, whilst Donghae attended a prestigious private school also nearby. Donghae's parents had a lot more money than Jongwoon's did, their house was the biggest in the street, you'd probably be able to fit four of Jongwoon's inside it. But Donghae didn't care about money, Jongwoon was his best friend, he had more respect for Jongwoon's little finger than he did for the kids at his private school.
 
They had met playing at the park as kids. A tiny Jongwoon sitting alone in the sandpit, watching enviously as Donghae ran around with a group of other children, a huge grin on his face. Yesung wondered why the other kids wouldn't play with him too. He sat pouting every day in the same spot, sitting in the same position, hands resting on the sand in front of him, whilst he wished for a friend. 
 
"Why are you sitting there alone? You look like a turtle or something" a voice chirped down at him one day. 
 
Yesung looked up, the popular boy was smiling down at him. He was unsure of what to say back so he just stared up. 
 
"Come and play with us! We need another person for our team! My name's Donghae" he smiled, reaching out his hand to the sitting boy.
 
Jongwoon felt shy, but he let Donghae pull him to his feet.
 
"I'm Jongwoon" he muttered as he got dragged across the playground to meet the others.
 
From that day on they were inseparable. The perfect mix for a friendship, Donghae bringing the shy Jongwoon out of his shell and Jongwoon keeping the hyperactive Donghae in check when needed. 
 
On Jongwoon's twelfth birthday, he got called out of a somewhat boring history lesson, his principal had a pitiful look on his face.
 
"Your uncle is here to fetch you Jongwoon, you don't have to attend the rest of your classes" he said in a gentle tone that confused Jongwoon. 
 
His uncle stood waiting for him by the school doors. Jongwoon smiled a little and waved. His uncle sighed sadly before returning a smile which failed to reach his eyes.
 
"Come on kiddo, let's get some ice cream" he said wrapping an arm around him, unable to break his innocent 12 year old heart just yet. 
 
On Jongwoon's twelfth birthday, his mother passed away in a car accident. His father had been driving and had lost control of the car, the paramedics said his mother died on impact, her death announced on the scene. His father had only grazes, not even a broken bone. He was very lucky, but he felt like he'd cheated death. The second he saw his twelve year old sons face upon hearing the news, he broke down. He never really recovered. He didn't leave his room for nearly a month, before randomly leaving the house in a suit one morning, looking like a completely different man to the night before. And a completely different man he was, he became a workaholic, throwing every thing he had into his work and paying very little attention to his personal life, meaning Jongwoon was now missing two parents.
 
 
By 15, Jongwoon's father had decided he was old enough to live alone for most of the year, choosing to work away in China, Japan, Thailand and many other places that Jongwoon had stopped keeping track of after a while.
 
Donghae was Jongwoon's life line. 
Very early, every morning Donghae would let himself into Jongwoon's house, climb the stairs to his bedroom and find a sleeping Jongwoon snuggled in his bed covers. Donghae would crawl into bed next to him, shutting his eyes also. 
 
"Morning" Jongwoon would mutter sleepily, not moving even an inch.
 
"Morning sleepyhead" Donghae would chuckle back, before they both fell asleep again.
 
An hour or two later, Jongwoon's alarm would ring noisily, waking them both. 
 
"Nnooo.  No school today" Jongwoon would whine, looking at Donghae with sleepy pleading eyes.
 
Most days Donghae would drag him out of bed, kicking and screaming. Jongwoon would pout until a steaming hot cup of coffee was placed in front of him, then they'd set off on their separate ways for another torturous day at school. Jongwoon didn't enjoy school, he was quiet and not very out going, this made other kids think he was weird. He got bullied a lot, but Donghae would turn up as much as he could, to stand up for him. Donghae was cheery and everyone in their neighborhood liked him. No one understood why the two were friends, but no one had the urge to question it either. 
 
Some days when the alarm went off, Donghae would crawl back into bed with his friend, knowing the other was having an off day. Jongwoon would whisper thank you as Donghae hugged him back to sleep. Those days they would stay in bed all day, watching movies, playing games and ordering take out. Jongwoon liked those days. 
 
He felt forever thankful for Donghae because without him he would be completely alone. There were bad days, terrible days, where he'd try and block Donghae out, not wanting to trouble his friend, but Donghae would break through all the walls. Jongwoon would cry for hours in his friends arms, until he fell asleep, then when he awoke it would be normal again. Donghae looked after Jongwoon, even though Jongwoon was older. Donghae relied on Jongwoon too, he was the only person he could trust. All the other kids were shallow, selfish and had an agenda for everything. He cherished his friendship with Jongwoon more than anything. 
​Jongwoon knew his house didn't feel like a home unless Donghae was there with him.
 
So there they were. 
Two, eighteen year olds relying on each other completely, waiting to start a fresh at college together. They could be whoever they wanted to be, they could be successful, they definitely would be, they thought. They had spent many evenings at Jongwoon's dining table, discussing this over a hot chocolate. High school didn't matter anymore, who they were in high school had no impact on who they would be at college. This was the beginning of the rest of their lives.
 
 
They sat on the bus the morning of their first day. Full of hope, aspirations and determination. They never knew how much this day and the people they'd meet here would change their lives forever. 
The bus pulled to a stop.
 
"You ready?" Donghae asked nervously.
 
"As I'll ever be" Jongwoon replied, half smiling.
 
They got off the bus and walked slowly into a mass of people.
 
 
***
 
​A/N.. again: Yes, Kyuhyun hasn't been introduced yet. But he will be in the next chapter. As I said the story develops and is built up. So please bear with it ^^ And incase you're worrying, YeHae are just best friends XD (Yep, the foreword says KyuSung are best friends, but that's in the future at the moment, so just wait and see) Thank you for taking time to read my terrible writing lol :)