Final

More than just fan service.

“Heechul-Hyung where is everyone and what are you doing here?” Sungmin asked as left his bathroom after having a shower and was met by silence from the dorm, with the exception of Heechul, who was sat on the sofa watching TV.
“Everyone went out I just let myself in earlier, I figured I’d come raid your refrigerator and steal your TV for the evening” He smirked as Sungmin perched on the sofa next to him. Heechul outstretched his arm and ran his fingers through the younger boys hair.
“Why don’t you cut your hair?” Heechul asked as Sungmin leaned back, trapping Heechul’s arm between him and the sofa.
“I like it longer” he giggled as Heechul ran his fingers down his back. “Hyung stop it you know im ticklish” The older boy smirked, letting his hand rest on Sungmin’s lower back.
 The two watched a movie for the rest of the night, leaning against one another on the sofa. Shortly after the movie had finished, the other members returned home, and Sungmin went to bed.

…………

Sungmin awoke in the early hours of the morning for the second time that week and sighed.
“Dreaming again?” Kyuhyun asked as he lay awake in his bed. “You know, if it’s the same dream you told me about yesterday it could mean something” he smirked as Sungmin climbed out of bed and entered the bathroom.
“Kyuhyun-ah why do you have to be such an ?” he hissed as he closed the bathroom door.

Leaning on the sink he locked eyes with himself in the mirror before running the cold water and splashing his face as he played his dream over in his head.
“It’s just a dream…and it was just fan service… it doesn’t mean anything” he whispered as he dried his face.

Kyuhyun was sat playing Starcraft when Sungmin left the bathroom. He perched on the side of his bed and sighed.
‘Ugh why do I keep dreaming about it?! It was just fan service’ He thought to himself as images from the dream flashed through his head. The music playing, his guitar in hand, Heechul approaching him as planned... the kiss that shouldn’t have happened…
"You keep frowning like that and your face will freeze." Kyuhyun smirked as he looked over his shoulder.
“You’re so childish” Sungmin growled and picked up a pillow, throwing it at the younger boy’s head.
Kyuhyun spun around, seeing the object in the computer screen, and caught the pillow
“And you have a crush on Heechul” he grinned as he threw it back at sungmin.
“I do not!” he screamed “it’s a dream… it doesn’t mean a thing!” his eyebrows furred together as he left the room, slamming the door behind him.


The front door opened as he sat at the kitchen table with his head in his hands. His ears pricked at the familiar voices as they entered the dorm. Leeteuk and … Heechul.
“Sungmin-ah what are you doing up so early?” Leeteuk asked as he pulled off his shoes and kicked them aside.
“Couldn’t sleep… What are you both doing here? ”
“I’ve come to see Kyu.” Leeteuk smiled as the boy in question entered the living room in his pyjamas.
“Teukie Hyung” he grinned as he wrapped his arms around their leader and both vanished into the bedroom.

“I hope he remembers we have to share that room” Sungmin frowned “ever since the two of them started dating I’ve hated sleeping in the same room as him” he shuddered as Heechul let out a laugh.
“Careful Minnie, people will think you’re jealous”
“Im not jealous… not in the slightest I just wish Kyu would be a little more considerate”
“Well if it all gets too much…” Heechul said as he approached Sungmin, leaning down so his mouth was level with the other’s ear. “You could always come and stay in my room” he whispered as he ghosted his lips across Sungmin’s ear and trailed his hand over the younger boy’s shoulder and down his chest.

“Yah… Hyung stop it, get off me” Sungmin squeaked, as he shrugged Heechul off.
“Aww come on, you know im only playing” he laughed as he walked over and sat on the sofa.
“Why are you even here again anyway? Don’t you have someone on your own floor to annoy?”
“Well that’s not very nice Sungmin-ah” Heechul pouted “Don’t be such a grump.”  
Sungmin scowled at the older boy as he got up and walked into the kitchen to get a drink.
He looked out of the window as he brought the glass for water to his lips and drank, before pulling it away with a smile. ‘Just a dream, nothing else’ he thought, sighing happily as he watched the city of Seoul awaken.

……

“Minnie come on we need to leave” Leeteuk yelled as he waited outside of the dorm for Sungmin, while the rest of the members gathered in the lobby, ready to go to rehearsal.
“Coming Teukie Hyung” Sungmin shouted as he grabbed a change of clothes, stuffing them into his bag. As he turned around he met the eyes of Heechul, who was leaning against the doorframe with a smirk on his face.
“Damn it Hyung don’t do that, you scared me” Sungmin hissed, panting slightly from the shock.
“Sorry… Leeteuk sent me in to get you he got tired of waiting. Now come on before I pick you up and carry you out” he grinned as Sungmin took a step backwards. “Don’t worry im kidding, now come on” he laughed, shaking his head as the younger boy ran past him and out of the door.

The whole way through their rehearsal Sungmin felt awkward for the first time in a long while, as he was dancing in close quarters with Heechul. He caught their reflections in the huge mirror facing them a twice in the space of half an hour, and both times Heechul’s eyes were fixed on him as they danced, a small smile lighting up his face.

……

Over the next couple weeks Sungmin found himself thinking of Heechul more and more. At rehearsals, in the dorms even though Heechul was on a separate floor to Sungmin. He realised he could never fully avoid him, so instead he tried to keep his distance from the older boy, as memories of his dream still lingered in his head, but even avoiding him wasn’t easy.
“Heechul Hyung...” Sungmin mumbled one afternoon as the older boy was sat cuddling Heebum on the sofa.
“Yeah min?” he smiled as he looked over the top of the sofa and saw Sungmin leaning with his foot against the wall.
“How are you so gentle with Heebum but you’re the complete opposite when it comes to us?” he asked crossing his arms over his chest as Heechul smirked.
“Im not the complete opposite… Heebum is a cat… in case you haven’t noticed. And anyway why do you care? You’ve been avoiding me for almost a week without giving me a reason why”
“Im sorry Hyung, I don’t mean to” he lied “I’ve just had a lot on my mind that’s all”
“Like what?” Heechul asked as Heebum leapt off his knee.
“Just… its nothing, don’t worry. Hyung im sorry I’ve been avoiding you”
“Yah Sungminnie! Make up your mind, avoiding me, apologising for avoiding me, what next? You’re gunna kiss me?” Heechul scoffed, throwing his hands up in the air in frustration as he climbed over the back of the sofa, smirking when he noticed Sungmin tense.
“What’s wrong?” he asked as he edged closer to sungmin, only to have his gaze avoided.
“Nothing…”
“Minnie, tell me. Something is obviously bothering you! Is it Kyu and Teukie? Are you jealous because Kyuhyunnie isn’t yours anymore?”
“No! Hyung is welcome to him…”
“So what is it?”
“Nothing” Sungmin sighed and Heechul’s face contorted in frustration.
“Aish fine!” he hissed, heading towards the door “If you’re not going to tell me then go back to your own dorm”


“Hyung, why did you kiss me on stage the other week?” Sungmin suddenly blurted out and Heechul smirked as he turned away from the door and stalked back to the younger boy.
“So that’s what’s been bothering you all this time?” Heechul chuckled
“It’s taking fan service a little too far… You could have at least warned me” 
“What if it was more than just fan service? Sure that’s what everyone thinks… But what if it wasn’t”
Sungmin swallowed hard.
“It wasn’t?”
“What if I find you irresistible holding your guitar?” He questioned as he stepped closer to Sungmin “What if I loved the way your lips are parted slightly as you play? Or how the cordi noona’s dressed you that day? I could go on until you stop me…” he whispered, just inches from Sungmin’s face.
Sungmin’s eyes flickered between Heechul’s and his lips before he let out a shaky breath.
“Hyung…”
“Mhm?” Heechul hummed as his knuckles brushed against Sungmin’s cheek.
“Kiss me…” Sungmin whispered, bringing a smirk to Heechul’s face as he closed the small distance between them, capturing Sungmin’s puffy lips with his own. Heechul shifted slightly, pressing Sungmin to the wall as he deepened the kiss, running his tongue across Sungmin’s bottom lip as he asked for entrance, which Sungmin gladly allowed as he wound his arms around Heechul’s neck, tangling his fingers in the older boy’s hair.

The two of them were so focused on each other that neither of them heard the door open until Leeteuk coughed. When they finally pulled away Sungmin blushed, hiding his face in Heechul’s shoulder as Leeteuk, Kyuhyun and Donghae stood in the doorway.
“So you finally told him about your dream Sungmin Hyung?” Kyuhyun smirked and Sungmin glared at him. “I take that as a no… oops” He grinned before pulling a rather embarrassed Leeteuk into the bedroom as Donghae quietly snuck off into his own, pulling on his headphones as he closed his door behind him.
“Dream?” Heechul smirked as he ran his hands up Sungmin’s sides making him giggle.
“I keep dreaming of when you kissed me… I told Kyu, but he’s just being an about it”
“Well maybe it should happen more often and not just onstage” Heechul breathed as he kissed the corner of Sungmin’s lips. Sungmin smiled, threading his fingers with Heechul as they walked over to the sofa and sat down. Heechul pulled the younger boy to his chest before kissing him softly.
Sungmin’s eyes closed as he pulled away, leaning his head against Heechul’s chest as they sat in silence. “Much better than fan service” Sungmin smiled
“What was that Minnie?” Heechul asked, and Sungmin shook his head.
“Nothing, im just sorry it took me so long to figure things out”
“Don’t worry about it...” Heechul smiled “we have all the time in the world”