[One-Shot] One Saving Grace

[One-Shot] One Saving Grace

He stumbles blindly into the apartment after fumbling for what seems forever with the lock on the front door. The house is dark and quiet, no wonder since it is already 3am. He giggled softly as he kicked the door shut and it slammed as loudly as explosives going off. 

"Oops.” He mutters playfully realizing that he will probably arouse all the sleeping occupants in the house. But he doesn’t really care, does he? Not after the big fight with Kyuhyun and storming off to the nearest bar to drink himself out of misery. 

What is it with his lover anyways? Fights with Kyuhyun are always fierce and passionate. There is never a word of insult exchanged but rather like an intense intellectual bantering between two elite scholars, after a while it becomes mentally draining and someone has to surrender. That someone always ends up being himself. He isn’t a sore loser but having to hold back from lashing out at his object of worship can turn him insane sometimes. And now he doesn’t even remember what they  were fighting over. Their fights almost always started because his young lover is irritated and in a foul mood. 

Walking straight into a wall in the dark and stubbing his toe into one of the couch’s legs left him hissing with exaggeration. He would curse aloud if he was taught how to but he wasn’t so he just kept hissing in pain till the lights in his bedroom sprung to life and gagged the next round of hissing in his throat. The bedroom opened and the light blinded him. Squinting painfully, he just barely made out a black silhouette framed in the door frame, the bright lights behind it glowing like a silver halo. 

And that’s when he slumped onto the floor in a drunken stupor. 

@@@  

It has to be morning. Golden rays of sunlight are beating down on his eyelids and piercing into his consciousness, rather painfully if he might add. 

Peeling open his lids as cautiously as he can, he immediately winced in extreme pain and press them tightly back together again. The stab of pain shot from his eyes to his frontal lobes and heavy throbbing begins. 

Hangovers….the price to pay for drinking away his sense of logic. 

Pressing his palm firmly against the throbbing vein, he managed to sit up and open his eyes bravely like a macho male is expected too. And like the mucho masculine species he belongs to, he is expected to remember what happened last night. 

Blank. 

It hurts too much to think, he winced again. But one thing that lingers on his conscience no matter what happens is this; Kyuhyun must be mighty upset with him. He can imagine how much trouble he was last night and his beautiful lover is not known for being patient and understanding and sympathetic towards people who just pissed him off. 

The bottle of aspirin and a glass of water on the bedside table caught him by surprise. 

Owww…it hurts to think! He grimaced reaching out for the bottle of painkillers and swallowing a couple for the pain. Waiting for the pain to subside, he struggles out of bed and staggers into the bathroom. 

A set of clean clothes, boxer shorts and towels is sitting on the vanity counter. His toothpaste is sitting across a full tumbler of water, the toothpaste neatly squeezed out and sitting prettily on the brush bristles. Siwon’s jaw dropped in surprise. 

There is a small card sitting on top of the stack of clothes. He took it and open it still feeling mystified. 

“Good morning hyung, did you have a good sleep? I am out grocery shopping with Wookie, we are driving to the farmer’s market. I know how much you love organic vegetables. So I will not be back till after lunch. Mianhe…you will have to eat your lunch alone today. Wookie made some kimchi fried rice, it’s in the fridge, and you will just need to heat it up. I will cook you a nice dinner tonight to make it up to you. Love, your baby” 

His eyes widen as he reads the note. This must be the first time Kyuhyun leaves him a love note, and he is cooking him dinner (that’s another first), and he calls himself “baby”, an endearing term that he abhors because it’s too cute and do not fit him at all. 

His mind raced. Something wrong must have happened! Throwing on some clothes, he hurried out of the room to look for help. To his relief he found Heechul and Eunhyuk in the kitchen fighting over a sunnyside up egg while Donghae is happily cheering on the sidelines adding to the chaos and confusion. 

“Can I ask something?” He raised his voice to be heard over the commotion but no one paid him any heed. 

“You stupid monkey!” Heechul yelled angrily as he chased his skinny dongsaeng around the kitchen table. 

“That's mine! You ate mine last night!” Eunhyuk retorts heatedly, nostrils flaring. 

“Yeah!” Donghae joins in, ing his chin out in defiance. 

‘Guys? Guys! HEY! GUYS!” He tries again raising his voice even louder.

“WHAT!” All three suddenly stopped their squabblings and yelled back at him. 

“Yes, erm….” He swallows nervously. 

“Well, well, if it isn't the drunk who crawled in last night.” Heechul teased with a lopsided smirk. 

“Did something happen last night?” He asks. 

“Yes!” Eunhyuk replied quickly. 

“You came back drunk, you puked all over the carpet, you refused to get up off the floor.” Donghae adds with relish, peeling up each finger as he relates. 

“And you won’t let us help you to bed.” Eunhyuk adds unhappily. “You were flailing your arms around and hitting us everywhere! Boy that hurts!” 

“Your little maknae lover had to drag you into the room all by himself.” Heechul chortles. He felt his heart settled in his stomach like a heavy rock. He can only imagine how upsetting that must be for the frail Kyuhyun. “The he tried to change your clothes but when he tried to undress you, you kept slapping his hands away yelling “Go away! I’m already engaged!” 

“That probably saved your sorry , Choi Siwon!” Heechul sniggered loudly as Siwon face palmed himself.