Where it Ends

Two Hearts

Siwon swiftly parked the car at the highest place on the hill and looked to his side. On the passenger seat, Leeteuk was looking out the window with a slight pout on his lips.

 

“It’s still raining.” He said with a sigh.

 

“It’s just small droplets of water falling from the sky, hyung.” Siwon tried to console. “It will stop in no time. And we still have some time before the sun sets.”

 

Leeteuk hummed in response and turned around. On the back seat Heechul was still sleeping soundly. He fell asleep merely five minutes after they started the drive.

 

“He’s been staying up late for days and I believe last night he didn’t sleep at all.” Leeteuk stated quietly. “It’s always like that whenever he’s facing a deadline. But really, he should’ve not forgotten to rest well and eat properly. Did he eat the breakfast I made this morning?” he was now looking at Siwon.

 

“I think so. I left some in the fridge before I left and it’s gone when I came back.”

 

“Good.” Leeteuk nodded and continued watching the sleeping man with concern in his eyes.

 

“The rain stopped.” Siwon announced then get out of the car. He climbed to the roof and sat there basking in the orange rays of the sun. Few moments later, Leeteuk followed and sat closely beside him.

 

“Look! There’s rainbow!” Leeteuk exclaimed excitedly, pointing to the colored sky. A huge smile adorned his face. Siwon smiled and looked up to the sky. When Leeteuk’s hand brushed his, Siwon quickly moved it behind Leeteuk and scratched his neck with his other hand.

 

The older man noticed it and was about to say something but stopped when the car moved a little. Soon after Heechul’s head perked up showing his pouting face. “Why didn’t you guys wake me up?”

 

Leeteuk smiled and reached out his hand to help the younger climbing up. “Because you need that beauty sleep time of yours. You’re having dark circle around your eyes.” Leeteuk chuckled softly as Heechul’s eyes widened considerably.

 

“Thanks for your concern, but my beauty can last longer even with another sleepless night.” Heechul snuck a hand to hold Leeteuk’s and his other hand pointed towards the sky. “Look, it’s the sunset you’re waiting for!”

 

“Very pretty, isn’t it?” Leeteuk exhaled in relief and squeezed the younger’s hand.

 

“But hyung is prettier.” Siwon stated casually.

 

There was a moment of silence before the two older men burst out laughing.

 

“Yah, Siwon. What’s gotten into you?!” Heechul managed to ask between his fit of laughter. Leeteuk laughed quietly beside him then nudged the youngest man there.

 

“Thanks Siwonnie.”

 

***

 

“So how are things going on between you and the two charmers?” Eunhyuk asked as they waited for their drinks. They were standing in the bar corner at large hall where the exhibition was held.

 

“We’re doing just fine.” Leeteuk answered nonchalantly.

 

“You know I expect to hear more than that, hyung.” Eunhyuk grabbed his glass and took a small sip, waiting for the older to speak again.

 

“I love them both, Hyukkie.” Leeteuk started before sipping the red wine on his glass. “I’m so used to having both of them by my side. I can’t imagine how my life would be without them. They mean the world to me.”

 

“What if they love you too?” Eunhyuk started to worry after hearing his hyung’s explanation.

 

“Well, they do love me.” The older man tried to ease the serious atmosphere.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Ok, I get it. I don’t think Siwon loves me that way, Hyukkie. You know, not romantically. Maybe he’s straight?” Leeteuk swirled the glass in his hand, watching the liquid moved around inside it.

 

“And Heechul hyung?”

 

“He’s unpredictable. One time I think—“ Leeteuk stopped talking as someone grabbed his arm rather harshly. He glanced up to see a very serious-looking Siwon.

 

“I need to talk to you.” He said quietly then dragged Leeteuk away from the bar.

 

Eunhyuk stared for a moment before sighing heavily and gulped down his drink.

 

“Hey monkey, do you know where Teukie is?” suddenly Heechul appeared beside him, his eyes roaming around the place nervously.

 

“He went there with Siwon few minutes ago.” Eunhyuk pointed to the direction where he last saw them and watched in apprehension as Heechul gasped dramatically then quickly walked away in search of his housemates.

 

***

 

They stopped in a small corridor where Leeteuk’s pictures were displayed. Leeteuk stood there awkwardly facing the now anxious-looking Siwon. He watched silently as the younger’s hand reached inside his pocket and felt around it, trying to pull something out.

 

“Oh, here you are!” a slightly panting Heechul appeared between them. “Sorry for coming late, Teukie.”

 

“It’s okay.” Leeteuk smiled but promptly dropped it as Heechul took his left hand and put a ring on his ring finger. “Heechullie…what is this?”

 

“A present. I love you, Teukie.” Heechul smiled sweetly showing his adorable dimple.

 

Leeteuk gawked while holding his left hand, looking at the platinum ring. Then he looked up and grinned happily to the slightly younger man.

 

***

 

“It’s about the time, hyung.” Eunhyuk said as they were standing hand in hand in front of a large door that led to the main hall.

 

Leeteuk nodded happily, lips stretched widely forming a huge grin with his heart thumping loudly to the point of almost hurting his chest. The first note of wedding march sounded at the same time when the door was opened. They put on serene smiles while walking through the long aisle.

 

Heechul was standing proudly in front of the altar, waiting for his groom with a small smile on his lips. The soon-to-be-married couple locked their eyes for few seconds before Leeteuk caught the sight  of Siwon sitting in front of a white piano at the right front corner of the hall.

 

“Here you go.” Eunhyuk whispered with a smile when they arrived in front of Heechul. Leeteuk let go of Eunhyuk’s hand to take Heechul’s awaiting one. Together they turned around and climbed a couple of stairs before finally standing in front of the priest.

 

“I do.” Leeteuk heard Heechul said from beside him and realized that he’d been too busy with his own feelings to notice the priest’s words. He felt a squeeze on his hand and saw Heechul looked at him worriedly while the priest cleared his throat.

 

“I do.” He quickly answered with a smile for Heechul who exhaled quietly. Then they put the wedding ring on each other’s right hand, shy smiles beautified their features.

 

“I now pronounce you as a legit married couple. You may kiss your groom.” The priest finally announced.

 

The newlywed couple shared a long innocent kiss in front of the clapping audience. When they broke the kiss, Leeteuk quickly turned to look at Siwon and gave him a slight nod. Then a sweet melody filled the hall, effectively silencing the cheering audience. They all watched in awe as Siwon sang wholeheartedly.

 

                   Then I pray she would leave his side

                   Baby, please don’t hold those hands

                   Cuz you should be my lady

                   Please look at me, I’ve been waiting all this time

                   Once the music ends, you’ll be with him forever

                   I prayed and prayed that this day wouldn’t come

 

“That’s his new song.” Leeteuk whispered to his husband. “I asked him to make us a song as a gift and play it on our wedding day.”

 

Heechul shifted his gaze from who appeared to be broken-hearted Siwon to Leeteuk who’s smiling brightly at him. He took Leeteuk’s hand on him and held it tightly as they walked down the aisle. Their close friends and relatives were waiting in the doorway, readily throwing white confetti to welcome the newlywed couple.

 

“Congratulations hyung~” Donghae exclaimed and wrapped Heechul in a bone-crushing hug. The latter chuckled and hugged the younger back.

 

“Are you happy?” Eunhyuk tapped Leeteuk’s shoulder.

 

“Very much!” Leeteuk responded without taking his gaze away from his merrily laughing husband. Their friends were surrounding them, taking turns to give hug and congratulate them personally. Just then, Leeteuk realized that Siwon was not in the crowd. He quickly skimmed around the place to find the tall figure. He spotted the man leaning against wall next to the side door. Siwon’s face looked gloomy even from afar while his eyes trained to his opened palm.

 

Leeteuk turned to his side, trying to talk to Heechul but the latter was so busy attending to their friends. So he decided to leave the crowd quietly and went to Siwon’s place. But when he got there, the younger man was no longer there. He was about to go back when a shiny thing on the floor caught his attention. He bent down to retrieve the shiny thing which turned out to be a ring. He examined the ring and saw something engraved on its inner part: S – L.

 

Leeteuk felt his heart beating faster and there was a sudden lump in his throat as a sudden realization hit him. He should’ve seen the signs, but Siwon’s calm features and Heechul’s bluntness proved to overshadow things in their lives. “Siwon-ah…” Leeteuk whispered to himself as he clutched the ring in his hand.

 

-The End-

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: in case anybody hasn't noticed, my prompt is Taeyang's "Wedding Dress" MV but it's written more in Leeteuk-centric (the woman in the MV). i thought it's already obvious from the first part so i don't know why most of you think that it's gonna end up as SiTeuk. but maybe it fits how in the MV too we are firstly led to think that Taeyang (Siwon in this story) is the one who'll get married to the woman. so, yeah...

A/N2: please don't judge me on the wedding part. i really have no idea how a church wedding should be conducted and what exactly the priest says in that occasion (am too lazy to google it). not to mention that it's a guy and guy wedding. so i just wrote it like that...

comments are loved~ even if it's just a word or two, you, please tell me what you think of this story.^^

 

 

and...i enjoy writing this story so i will give you a sequel. yay!!! *dancing alone*

but it's no longer in the prompt so i will post it separately. hence, subscribe, ok!