A Promise for Life

Bond of Destiny

 

"Name and age"

"His name is Han Jaejun, he's two years old."

"Why did you make that decision?" The man said, looking at her as if she was a sinner.

She didn't wave, and replied him in a serious tone. "I have another child to support... and I'm all alone. I can't give him what he deserves."

"Doesn't he has a father?"

"We're divorcee, and he doesn't care for his children at all. I don't know what to do anymore." 

"You can leave your child here then. We'll contact you later."

 

Two years passed, and Jaejun was already four years old.

He was a bright boy, always smiling and playing. There was no one there who didn't like him and his cheerful being.

It was when he was playing futball with his friends that he met her. His friends had kicked it too far, and asked him to get it. Being the youngest, Jaejun couldn't say no. After running a little, he saw that the ball had stopped near someone.

"Hey, give me the ball", he exclaimed.

The girl looked at him, unexpressive.

"The ball", Jaejun pointed "it is next to your feet. Can you give me?"

"Magic word?" She asked, smiling.

Jaejun scratched his head in frustration. "I'll get it", he said and walked towards it. He was about to get it when the girl picked it up first. "Magic word, magic word."

Jaejun's eyes started to get humid. "Give me my ball! It's mine!"

"Say the magic word!"

"Why are you so boring?"

The girl pouted "My mom always told me that we should be nice, and say 'please' and 'thank you' for others... and that we should teach others too if they didn't know how to do it."

Jaejun smirked. "Your mom , then. She's as boring as you."

"My mom is not boring! She's the best mom on earth!"

"So why aren't you here with her?"

"I'm helping my father." She said. "What's... your name?"

"Give me the ball first, then I'll tell you."

She pouted again "Say 'please' first".

"Aish. Please, please, give me the ball."

"There", she gave it to him. "I'm Hanna, by the way."

"Jaejun. Goodbye", he waved and went back to the field.

Hanna sat down, looking to the ground. "Mom, mom, I miss you. I miss you." Hanna cried, but no one heard her.

 

Soon it turned out that the girl was the new director's daughter. She had lost her mother some time before, and her dad decided to move with her to another country. That was what made Jaejun and Hanna meet, and start a friendship.

"Those two go together everywhere", the women commented. "And to think Jaejun hated Hanna before..."

"Kids hate and love in a flash of minutes, they argue and forgive so easily."

"Yeah", they said. They kept doing their tasks, while Hanna and Jaejun played happily in the park.

"So, Hanna, are you an adopted child too?" He asked her, playing with sand.

"I'm not. I have a father in earth, and a mother in heaven. I'm really blessed because I'm the daughter of a prince and an angel. What about you?"

"I belong to this house", he pointed to the adoption center. "and I have a lot of brother and sisters, mothers and fathers. I'm blessed too."

"But... You don't have a mother of your own?"

"A mother of my own? What does that mean?"

"Who gave birth to you, who caressed you, who gave you milk..."

"I-I don't remember." Jaejun stopped for a bit. "But I'm satisfied. I have a lot of parents, I have a lot of brothers and sisters, and I have you."

"Me?" Hanna asked, confused. 

Jaejun held her hand. "Yes, you. I've decided!" Jaejun suddenly stood up. "You, Matsuura Hanna, will be my future wife. For that reason you're forbidden to leave, and you have to stay with me for eternity, right?" He smiled at her, and lent her the other hand to stand her up.

She held it, and nodded. "For eternity, oppa. For eternity."

 

However, that eternity didn't last long. Jaejun was adopted one year later, had his surname changed and went with his new parents. For them, he was Kim Jaejoong instead of Han Jaejun.

After months of crying and not speaking, he started to move on from those precious memories. Soon, he had forgotten it all.

On the other hand, Hanna treasured all those memories, believing that they would meet again. Even when they returned to Japan, she didn't loose her hopes of seeing him again.

 

It was when she was seventeen that she saw him again. The only pictures she had of him were enough to say it was him. Even the name was similar: Hero Jaejoong.

"Do you like it, Hanna-chan?" Motoko asked, dancing. "I loove them! DBSK is surely the best band! Being in a class trip to Korea without seeing them it would be disgraceful."

"Hum." She nodded.

After the concert was over, Hanna looked at the big poster of him at the venue's entrance. "I wonder if he'd recognise me if he saw me now..." She sighed, and let her friends drag her to an autographs session.

"They're giving autographs after the show!" Motoko said.

Hanna smiled... If she met him, he'd definitely remember her.

Frowning, she saw how his line was almost empty. She tapped her friend, "Why is that guy alone? He has no fans!"

"He's Kim Jaejoong" Hanna almost forgot how to breath, hearing the confirmation of her thoughts, "and he's not that popular... people just don't like him."

"That's sad." No, it wasn't sad, it was heartbreaking. The Jaejoong she knew wasn't untalented. The Jaejoong she knew didn't have that sad and cold face either. And with a single thought, she moved forward to his line. 

One minute later, she was holding a paper and asking him to sign.

"What's your name?" He asked her, with a smile. She was the first person that came to see him so decisively, the first person who seemed to like him.

"I-Im Matsuura Hanna", she said, hoping for his reply.

"What a cute name. Are you japanese?"

"I am. But, Jaejoong oppa... Don't you recognise me?"

"You?"

"I was in the same orphanage as you, oppa. I'm Hanna!"

Jaejoong looked at her with a confusing look. "Orphanage? I'm not an orphan. You misunderstood."

"You are! Don't you remember me??? C'mon, Jaejoong, it's me! Hanna ah!" She almost yelled, and the securities hurried to hold her arms. "Wait, what are you doing?"

"Hanna sshi, I'm thankful you're my fan. I just hope you can respect me for the person I am, and not the one you want me to be. Here." He gave her the autograph and smiled, while she was being dragged further and further away from him.

"I can't believe I lost you, Jaejoong... I can't believe it." Hanna cried. Her best friend and first love didn't even remember her, and she was sure she wouldn't meet him again.

But destiny is full of surprises... and his mother prayers as well. Three years later, when they were twenty, they met again. 

Because they were tied by a bond of destiny.