Final

chocolate intolerance

 

Idek. ohmythoughts. King of Comedy of the Philippines just died. sad sad sad. Hope you'll appreciate this, though. Although, honestly speaking, it's a little rushed and I think it's lacking because well... it sorta doesn't have a conflict and no other characters aside from the two dorks, but anyway...i'll probably save that for other stories. for now your fluff sorta without plot commence!
 
--
 
Baekhyun is suffering from his rashes after having eaten a packet of chocolate that he's apparently allergic to.
 
The thing is he thought that eating an apple a day would keep the doctor away, but then his mom is on the phone contacting their family doctor because he refuses to go on his own accord and consult about his rashes. Well, he thinks to himself, that haven't his mom kind of considered his son to be one for a scratching mess and actually like it? But no, maybe not. Baekhyun shakes his head. The rashes are pretty horrible and irritating, he concludes scratching.
 
“I've contacted Dr. Park and apparently he couldn't come by. But his son is taking over.” and Baekhyun thinks that it's hard enough to have painstaking rashes and let alone think about his previous meetings with Dr. Park. The old doctor's son replacing him isn't even helping. “Behave Baekhyun or your rashes will spread very thoroughly.” and Baekhyun think it's even worse being treated like a baby. So much for the saying that an apple a day could probably keep the doctor away, really. He just decides to text Chanyeol instead. 
 
‘Guess wat. I’m allergic 2 
chocolate. I can’t leave da
haus. I’ma scratching mess.
Can u b my doctor instead?’
 
Baekhyun waits for three minutes expecting a reply because that’s usually the span of time that Chanyeol replies after stumbling over the keys repeatedly and regardless of the fact that he’s not really literate in texting. Still, Chanyeol never does miss. But Baekhyun’s got his eyebrows raised in irritation and he thinks that Chanyeol’s so inconsiderate—but that’s just Baekhyun when he’s stubborn and he is at the moment.
 
Baekhyun’s just about to smash a pillow square on the back of his bedroom door when his mom opens it and sticks her head in “The doctor is arriving in 10.” and then out as fast.
 
So Baekhyun decides to puff air in and out of his system as he lies on his bed and stare at the ticking clock. He decides that maybe he could let Chanyeol off this time and wait for 10 more minutes of scratching—at least until the doctor arrives—for a reply. 
 
But when 10 minutes is out, Baekhyun jumps out of his bed still itchy and irritated with Chanyeol and chocolate. He angrily grabs at the doorknob and is all but surprised when he’s welcomed by the best eyesore that Chanyeol is ever—wearing a white coat under a tucked in shirt in black formal pants, rimmed glasses, and carrying a briefcase like a mad scientist, only that he’s actually a doctor and Baekhyun finds himself ushering him into his room fast and slamming the door shut. 
 
Instead of lashing out at Chanyeol, though, Baekhyun finds himself leaning on the back of his door laughing probably his guts out and pointing at Chanyeol with his other hand over his stomach. 
 
“Why didn’t you... just... text me?” Baekhyun asks, in between boisterous laughter.
 
And Chanyeol just sits on Baekhyun’s bed so prim and proper and stare bewildered at Baekhyun and a patch of visible hives on his exposed skin just above his shirt before responding.
 
“It’s a surprise.”
 
“And you’re Park Yoochun’s son!” Baekhyun exclaims, putting a hand over Chanyeol’s shoulders after sitting beside him now. “I used to laugh at his variety of expressions. I coined it chunface! Why didn’t I know that?”
 
“Are you seriously laughing at my dad right now?” Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun. “And you didn’t know because you didn’t have to. As I said, it’s supposed to be a surprise. You did know that I’m a doctor now, though, right? So that’s fine. Plus, I’m bound to sooner or later fill in his steps.”
 
“So you’re our family doctor now forever?” Baekhyun beams. “You’re too young, though. My mom doesn’t like young. What did she say when you entered?”
 
“Well, since it’s my first time seeing her and her seeing me she let me in and showed me the way to your room.”
 
Baekhyun actually keeps mum a few seconds scratching near his collar again and when Chanyeol looks at him again, he’s just deftly prying Baekhyun’s hands off his own hives and glares. 
 
“You shouldn’t scratch it,” Chanyeol says, almost commanding.
 
“They’re very itchy,” Baekhyun counters. “Maybe you should try having them instead.”
 
And Chanyeol could only sigh at that, knowing all too well Baekhyun’s stubbornness symptoms and causes. He concludes in mind that it may be because of not replying earlier on his text before mentally shrugging it off.
 
“They don’t look much severe, though,” Chanyeol starts, running a hand through Baekhyun’s hives. “Your mom’s over reacting when she told me over the phone that it may be infectious. Antihistamine should do the trick in a week’s time.” and unknown to Baekhyun is a hand snaking all the way up to his neck tickling, that he momentarily forgets about his itch and everything else. 
 
When his mom comes back up the room though, Chanyeol’s nowhere to be seen and Baekhyun tells her that the doctor just left and prescribed him Antihistamine to take for a week’s time twice everyday.
 
 
 
 
 
‘…and just 4 da record, 
ur not allergic 2 chocolate.’ 
Chanyeol texts some day within the one week’s time of medication.
 
‘Then wat?’ 
is Baekhyun’s reply.
 
‘It’s prob peanut, like a lot 
do, or an agent of chocolate. 
I’m not sure.’
 
‘Ur da doctor. U shud kno.’
 
‘I’m not a manufacturer, tho.’
and Baekhyun thinks that he’s never been more pissed, lightly putting a palm over his neck because he doesn’t want to scratch and instead slap at his still lightly protruding rash. 
 
 
 
 
 
It’s different the next few days after the day Chanyeol texted Baekhyun when Chanyeol calls despite the tiredness in his voice Baekhyun notes.
 
“So how’s my scratching mess doing?” 
 
“There’s still a patch of the hideous hives on my neck!” Baekhyun almost exclaims.
 
“You should go out.” but Chanyeol’s really hinting that they should go out.
 
“What for?” Baekhyun asks, but obviously doesn’t get the hint. “My rashes are hideous.”
 
“Okay, fine by me,” Chanyeol says, not really making an effort into actually getting Baekhyun to go out at the moment because he's tired himself. “I’m not going out with a Baekhives either.” 
 
“Did you just make a pun out of my name with hives?” 
 
“Yes, I just did.” Chanyeol nods on the other line. “But seriously, any progress?”
 
“Barely visible.” 
 
“Okay, I have a patient right now. I’ll see you tomorrow, Baekhives.”
 
“Chan—” but Chanyeol hang up and Baekhyun switches to a pouting mess rather than a scratching one.
 
 
 
 
 
So tomorrow comes fast and turns into today and Chanyeol comes by Baekhyun’s house just to check the results of the previous week’s Antihistamine prescription.
 
It’s not like they haven’t been contacting each other like everyday, but it’s not like Baekhyun’s mother’s going to know either. 
 
Chanyeol notes that Baekhyun’s hives are gone. 
 
So when he sits beside Baekhyun who’s lazily still lying on his bed but awake, he eats chocolate and unconsciously…or not
 
Baekhyun momentarily squints his eyes at what Chanyeol is eating and identifies said food before literally jumping on Chanyeol and kissing the tall guy full on the lips. Okay, maybe he’s got chocolate intolerance issues but he’s not really one to resist chocolate most especially when it now involves a Chanyeol factor.
 
“Guess we’ll be back to square one.” 
 
“Gladly,” Baekhyun says. 
 
“What a scratching mess you’ll be.”
 
“But you love me.”
 
“Your mom’s never going to think I’m credible enough anymore.” 
 
“Mhmm.”
 
“You need another prescription,” Chanyeol stiffly counters because he couldn’t really move with Baekhyun all over him. He pushes him gently, only to be latched onto tighter and as possible. 
 
“No,” Baekhyun pouts. “Give me chocolate, because you totally owe me for hanging up yesterday.” and he kisses Chanyeol in abandon this time. 
 
And to sum it all off, Baekhyun thinks that if an apple a day keeps the doctor away, then the fruit be damned.
 
The doctor’s hot, after all.

fin.
 
--
 
and yes, baekyeol here is a bickering couple. well, sorta. go figure. like you know... they could just insult each other like that, because well... that's how they met as well. sorta the sarcastic ones. ah yes! sarcastic's more like it. sarcastic couple baekyeol, anyone? xDD and oh, my twitter if you'd like. that's where i usually post my updates and stuff and ideas about new plots and yeah... you get it. it will be really fun to have someone to talk to and consult with. OTL and i don't bite.