I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

 

Chanyeol, the Flame Knight, one of the Twelve EXO Knights and the only knight from the Shrewd-Austere Faction that does not take orders from the Water Knight, but instead reports directly to the Flight Knight; specializes in carrying out the more secret missions. Some say that he is a trained assassin or spy among the Twelve EXO Knights. There are also rumors that in the first generation of Twelve EXO Knights, the Flame Knight was not a real person but actually the secret alternate identity of the Flight Knight when he is required to carry out secret missions.

 

I stood up and drew my Flight Knight Blade… What Flight Knight Blade?! Looking down at myself, my body does look pretty good, if I do say so myself… ahem! As I was saying, right now I'm wearing a skin-tight outfit. There's no way for one to hide a weapon on myself. 

Am I to join the battle with just my bare hands? Chanyeol might as well yell at me to stand aside and stop hindering him.

'Master, this humble servant is able to provide Master with a weapon.'

"Really?!" I cried happily, "Quickly give it to me!"

'Master, I have an obligation to remind you that the weapon will cost you 200 ml of your blood.'

"What?! This is twilight robbery! more of my blood just for some measly weapon.” I exclaimed appalled. “You black hearted monster. No wait, you don’t have a heart. You ‘black outfit’!”

‘This lowly one is indeed a black outfit.’

I gritted my teeth in irritation, but looking down at the situation below, it would appear that I have no other option but to agree. The Grey Knight might have suffered a few wounds from the ongoing battle, but the dark aura he emitted was growing yet stronger. I snapped angrily at the outfit, “Just give me the weapon!”

‘Yes, Master.’

Instantly, I felt something at my waist and found a sword hilt. I drew it out quickly and—

“! What the hell is this? A letter opener?!”

‘Master, it is a sword dagger.’

“A sword what?!”

I stared at the sword, no, dagger held in my hand. It was only as long as my forearm, with its hilt taking up one-third of it; it looked like a little kid’s toy. Its blade was quite thick and one of its edges was sharply serrated.

‘This sword dagger is small enough to be used for an assassination; should the assassination fail, the serrated edge would come in handy to saw/break of the opponent’s sword and allow for escape.’

“This all sounds pretty good, but… I’m not on an assassination mission!” I rolled my eyes at the outfit’s explanation.

Even if I wished to quietly assassinate the Grey Knight, a simple dagger would not be enough to kill it. And furthermore, I doubt that this tiny dagger would be able to break that dreadful sword.

“Do you have any ordinary swords? Even a blade is fine!”

‘Master, this lowly one is an assassin’s outfit; this servant does not have weapons used by warriors.’

“I see… These days, even outfits stand firm as to which category they belong to huh...” I sighed as I looked down at the dagger. ‘Am I really going to fight a Grey Knight armed with only this for a weapon?’ I thought in exasperation. In a last ditch attempt of desperation, I asked, “Do you have any other types of weapons?”

‘Yes. The darts require 100ml of blood, the poison arrows cost 150ml, the…’

“…forget I even asked.”

‘Yes.’

I sighed once more, rethinking my plans. Either way, it looks like I won’t be able to accomplish my original objective. I can’t just leave Chanyeol to fend for himself while I myself go off to kidnap Baron Weston’s third son.

 

I clutched my dagger and tried to stealthily approach the battling two…

"Who is it?" The Grey Knight turned to look at me coldly.

Damn! I'd wanted to perform a sneak attack, but he already caught my presence.

Without saying a word, I began my attack on him, thereby declaring through my actions to Chanyeol that I am on his side.

The Grey Knight did not seem to take me as a threat seriously, but I forgive him. Even I would not be able to take seriously someone who held an assassin's dagger, yet did not keep to his job description as an assassin and assassinate people, but instead butted-in in a battle with a confrontational attack.

He was still staring at me, stunned, as I launched my first attack at him.

'Bastard! How dare you not take me seriously! You think I really want to attack you upfront with just this dagger?! If not because to you-a Grey Knight-my presence is even brighter than the stars in the sky, making it impossible to assassinate you, I can only use this dagger to openly attack you. It's not like I had any other choice, so don't give me that look!'

When my dagger managed to slice his chest, causing his chest to hiss and him to cry out in pain, he finally woke up from his stupor and raised his sword to block my second attack.

He looked at me and said, "So it is you."

Oh no! He's recognized me! I don't want Chanyeol to recognize me too! The great Flight Knight running around in a strange black outfit with silver armor, golden hair dyed black and silver, and even worse, leaving behind his Flight Knight Blade and fighting with a silly assassin's dagger…

I can't say that I have a perfectly innocent explanation for it, like, oh… 'I'm just going off to kidnap someone, this dagger should be sufficient for this purpose', now can I?!

"F-"

Before he could finish calling out my name, I quickly shouted out loudly, "That's right! It is I! The one who specializes in killing Grey Knights, who am well known in the North and South, the renowned Slayer!"

"Slayer...?" Chanyeol blinked at my announcement.

"Slayer…?" The Grey Knight, too, was confused at my proclaimed name. "You're not…Fligh-?"

Quickly, I shouted out, drowning out his question. "Prepare for your end, Grey Knight! Now that I, the expert Grey Knight hunter, have seen you, you're dead for sure!"

"Isn't the Grey Knight technically dead already?" muttered Chanyeol. "And are there really that many Grey Knights around for you to hunt?"

"Grey Knight, let's quickly end this battle once and for all."

I said to him coldly, worried that the longer this drags out, the greater the chances of my true identity being exposed. I don't want to be forever known as 'that weird Flight Knight with the bizarre dressing hobby'!

It's not that I really mind my reputation that much, but if my teacher-known as the strongest Flight Knight ever-were to ever catch wind of it and realize that he was the teacher of 'that weird Flight Knight with the bizarre dressing hobby'… Well, the EXO Covenant would then have one more scandal to cover.

'Shocking News! Flight Knight Kills Flight Knight!'

'… … … …'

I'm pretty sure the EXO Covenant would not want to see a headline like that.

I don't know if I was imagining it, but the Grey Knight had seemed to hesitate for a moment at my statement before glancing at Chanyeol and saying coldly, "Fine by me."

I couldn't help thinking that his actions were a little unusual. Typically, a Grey Knight would go berserk upon meeting powerful individuals… at least, that's what it says according to my 'Comprehensive Guide to the Undead-Everything You need to Know About Them, And What To Do When You Meet One'.

The Grey Knight quickly began attacking me in earnest after agreeing. I retaliated by casually throwing out a small ball of white light. This is a basic magic spell, and it has no function other than to illuminate. However, Grey Knights dislike bright light. This ball of light in the midst of the dark should be enough to cause the Grey Knight to falter.

As expected, the Grey knight was momentarily blinded by the light and had to raise an arm to shield his eyes. With the added speed of my Wings of Fury and the Dragon Slayer’s Robe combined, I took this opportunity to rush at him. So great was my increased speed that I seemed to appear out of nowhere in front of him. I bet even pros like the Water Knight would have difficulty blocking this attack.

Anyway, my attack was too fast for the Grey Knight that even though he could sense my presence, he was unable to block me. I pulled a feint at his chest with my left hand, while stabbing his knees with the dagger in my right.

Seeing as the opponent is a Grey Knight, attacking his chest was probably useless as he would suffer at most a hole in his chest. To a normal person, this would have been a mortal blow, but to an already dead Grey Knight, it's just another hole in his chest. Why, he might even feel that the hole would be helpful with air ventilation!

On the other hand, if I attacked his knees, damaging his knee joints could severely hinder his movements so that even if I couldn't defeat him, I don't have to worry about Chanyeol and me getting killed by the Grey Knight.

The Grey Knight cried out in pain; his vision had returned by now, but I was ready for him and had closed my eyes while throwing out another ball of light at him before retreating back to a safer distance. I then quickly threw out a grease spell in between us.

"Argh!" roared the Grey Knight in pain. He probably hadn't expected his opponent to use the same trick twice and had gotten the full glare of the bright light right in his face this time.

'How exhilarating!' I thought as I opened my eyes once more. I could feel my heart beating quickly as it pumped the adrenaline through me! I had only thought of this trick when I had realized how great my speed was. If one were with a slower speed or were slower at spell casting, they would have been dead the moment they closed their eyes!

"This black clothed guy is pretty sneaky." 

‘Chanyeol! Fine, you can talk bad about me behind my back, but how dare you actually say it out so loud where I can hear you?! Hmph! You're dead!'

He suddenly spoke up, "I understand now, Slayer is actually…"

! He couldn't have realized who I am, could he?

He then said, "A sorcerer assassin!"

I nearly tripped and fall down. 'Last time it was mage swordsman, now I'm a sorcerer assassin?!'

'Idiot! I'm just an EXO Knight who happens to be wearing an assassin's outfit and used some magic spells, OK? I'm not one of those with a weird job who learn magic and train as an assassin at the same time…' But now that I think about it, does such a 'unique' job really exist?

Oh ! I had gotten distracted by Chanyeol, and now the Grey Knight is attacking me. I immediately thought to run, but the surrounding oppressive dark aura that was previously surrounding the whole room had now enveloped me. With the Grey Knight's alarming speed, I was unable to do anything.

Seeing as I was going to be chopped to pieces by the Grey Knight, I was grasping at straws when a spell suddenly came to mind. With the surrounding dark aura so thick, I probably won't even have to chant its incantation for it to work…

"Bone Prison!"

A simple, crude cage made entirely out of bones sprung up between the Grey Knight and I.

I used it! Oh, oh oh! I used the necromancer spells that Taemin had taught me!

Dear Heavens, I'm going to turn into a necromancer! No! I'm the Flight Knight, I definitely cannot use this evil magic…

Pak! Pak!

With two swipes of the Grey Knight's sword, the Bone Prison had started shaking dangerously. The third swiped would probably bring the whole thing down! 

"Bone Prison! Bone Prison! Bone Prison!"

I shouted out successively in one breath.

"I’m wrong!" exclaimed Chanyeol. "That Slayer is actually…"

Oh dear! Chanyeol is one of my EXO Knights, after all. He has probably recognized me from my behavior…

"A necromancer assassin!"

"… … … …"

A feeling of despair suddenly hit me, just as the Grey Knight was nearly done slashing his way through the three Bone Prisons. I still hadn't thought up of a way to escape the dark aura, so, I had no other choice but to begin chanting an incantation while the Grey Knight was still preoccupied with the Bone Prison. I then threw an Ethereal Light—Advanced Version at him. The Ethereal Light was able to disperse the surrounding dark aura, and even the Grey Knight was forced to back off more than a few steps himself.

With this, Chanyeol should now know that I am not some sorcerer assassin or necromancer assassin!

"It's all wrong!" gasped Chanyeol. "Slayer is actually…"

Oh, Oh! Oh! He finally discovered it! He might not guess that I am the Flight Knight, but he should suspect me to be one of the Twelve EXO Knights, right? I had a strange gladden feeling at this.

"Holy Assassin!"

'Snort!'

I looked over at the chuckling Grey Knight with a deadpan look. It truly is a miracle bestowed upon us today! My dear Chanyeol was able to make even a Grey Knight, filled only with dark thoughts, laugh out loud.

"Holy Assassin, my !" I shouted at him. "Do you really think the EXO Covenant would retain a group of Holy Assassins in addition to the EXO Knights?! I'm the Flight Knight, you idiot!"

That—was what I would have loved to shout out, but the thought of my teacher coming to personally send me off to be 're-educated' kept my mouth shut. I could only shout at him in my thoughts.

“Ha, ha, ha! You guys are funny.” The Grey Knight said eerily, amused. “By the next full moon, I’ll be back to get the life of a royal family.”

With that last sentence, grey flames engulfed the Grey Knight and in just seconds, he was gone.

I stood there dazedly for a few seconds as I watched him disappear, before turning and running away too, to avoid being caught by Chanyeol.

Chanyeol just stood there too, as he watched me escape, not even attempting to chase me. Maybe he was also caught up by the Grey Knight’s proclamation and plan earlier to the royal family.

 

 

 

 

sorry it took so long for me to update.

first, I still have a runny nose and a cough; second, the office is just too cold making

my condition worse and would not go away.. huhu

anyways, hope you like the chapter guys ^_^