05

Living With Mr. Smart Guy (EDITING)

"Start of Something New"


You did not leave your room the whole afternoon and did not even come down to eat dinner for that matter, you just did not have the apetite and energy to do anything. You still cannot believe you now ranked one of the lowest in the entire Junior year at Seoul Academy. Although your dad never pressured you to keep your grades higher, you never wanted to disappoint him by lowering your grades more. You just thought that being an average level student was enough.

Upset, you tried studying now. You were in the middle of frustration because another math problem you cannot solve when Hoya entered my room.

"What do you want?" you asked him grumpily. Hoya then placed a tray of food beside your bed.

"I heard from ahjumma that you didn't even eat breakfast and now you are skipping dinner too." he stated which almost sounded like he was worried. He stood there like he was waiting for you to say something. "What?" you asked him.

"Drinking a glass of milk will be helpful for studying and a few sweets might help as well. Do you want me to tell the ahjumma to prepare those for later?" He asked.

"Sure, I guess?" You agreed hesitantly. It still feels weird for you to see Hoya being nice. Was it because what you told your dad earlier? You didn't know, but whatever it is, you ignored the reason and continued on reading the book you were trying to understand. Hoya still did not leave the room.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked.

"Yes I am, but i'm not going to eat while you are standing there watching me." you told him sarcastically, and with that he eventually left the room. You brought the tray into your study desk and found neatly a rolled kimbap, and a bowl of Japchae. The simple food turned out to be more delicious than you thought, and ate it all in just a few minutes. The delicious food helped you concentrate on the studying better, and continued on for a couple more hours until someone knocked on your bedroom door. 

The ahjumma entered holding a tray with milk and cookies on them. "Young master told me to bring these to your room." She explained. She grabbed the other tray and was about to leave when you complimented her on the simple yet delicious meal she prepared. "Ani Ms. Yoon. It was not me, but the young master who prepared that." she clarified and your eyes widen with surprise. What else can that smart guy not do?

You lightly knocked on his door to check if he is still awake, before you even get to knock again, the door opened. "Oh my god. You scared me!" you spouted startled.

"What do you want?" Hoya asked you. You came to knock on his door with the intention of thanking him, but now that he's in front of you, strangely you couldn't say the words outright so instead you told him "You didnt have to prepare that for me you know."

"Was that a thank you? You're welcome." Hoya teased. "Good that you know." you said.

"So how is your studying going? Want me to help you?" Hoya asked with a grin forming his face. "No thanks, I'm doing great. Good night." You lied and then quickly ran back into your room but Hoya was so quick that he followed you in before you even get to close the door. "Let's see how great you have been doing." he teased while he saw crumpled notes and scribbles scattered all over the room, while you ran around to clean up the mess you made. He glanced at your math notebook and saw the question marks and unsolved problems in your notes and began calculating them.

"What are you doing?" You asked, when you saw him writing something on your notebook. "What else? I'm helping you study." He said.

"Well, I don't like it!" You told him. 

"Why not? You were asking me to help you before." He pointed out.

"You're doing this out of pity now." You stated.

"No I'm not. I'm really here to teach Ms. Idiot how to solve a math problem, because she obviously needs help." He said with all seriousness on his voice. Without hesitation, he started piling all the books at a side of the table and started with it one by one.

"Okay, so we still have one month to go for the next exam, just study these chapters and the last one." Hoya informed and put post-its on the book so that you won't forget.

He also highlighted the key terms you must remember and understand, and carefully explained it to you one by one. This time around he was patient in teaching you, and amazingly you understood it quickly when he did. All his teaching techiniques were so far very easy to comprehend. Until he moved on to discussing math problems, your weakness. Dealing with math made it seem like its been months sitting there, and you could barely really keep your focus together, you nodded all the time he was explaining but you weren't really abosorbing anything anymore. You unconciously dozed off, the milk definitely helped with the sleepiness.

"~~. are you still awake?

"Yah! Ah jinja! Were you even listening to what I said?" He asked.

"Yeah I did. But the last one I didn't quite get it. I am too tired already can we just do it tomorrow? Or sometime?" you pouted.

"Fine, fine. I guess it has been a long night. Well just do this another day." He said,stood up then left.

The next day..

You woke up earlier than you usually do and headed dowstairs to find Hoya eating breakfast, so you quickly joined him.

"Excited to see your new classmates eh?" He asked.

"Of course not. I bet they won't even notice me." You said as you grab a sandwhich.

"By the way don't you dare sleep on your classes again. It won't help you in your situation right now." Hoya warned.

"What are you my dad? Of course I'm not going to sleep. Especially when I'm still in there." you said.

Instead of taking the average class you entered the rowdy classroom where the school desks became school chairs. The chalkboard was now a grafitti.

Students greeted you glaring, some are busy texting on their phones, and chweing their gums hard.

You slowly walked inside the classroom and searched for a decent seat. You found a seat beside the window. You tried smiling at the blonde guy that was supposed to be seating in front of you. He blonde guy just stared.

"That's perfect." You said as you sat down.

The other girls in the class gave you bad looks and some looked just amazed to see an average student become their classmate.

Mr. Kim is still the math teacher for the below average class. Unlike in the regular classes, he just discusses the topics here in one go and he does not even bother waking up the sleeping students.

After he dicussed the lesson, he called you first and he was quite speechless when he asked you a question and thought that I didn't know the answer.

Good thing Hoya explained this topic last night to me.

"L. Joe!" He called the guy seated in front of me and asked another question.

"What is the formula for pythagorean throrem?" He asked.

"Uh.." L.joe said.

"Wait I know that!" I said.

"C squared is equal to A squared plus B squared." I whispered.

He repeated my answer to Mr. Kim.

"Correct." Mr. Kim just nodded and headed on to discussing another topic.

L. Joe passed a note to me.

It says: Thanks new classmate. I'm L. Joe by the way.

I wrote back on that piece of paper: No problem. Mr. Kim is an . My name is ~~ by the way. Nice to meet you.

 

I passed the paper back to him and saw him smile at my reply.

Being in the below average class might not be so bad after all.

After class, you found Sooyoung and Yumi already waiting or you outside and asked you thousands of questions about your situation.

"Don't worry I'm sure by next month we'll be in the same classes again." you assured them.

"I hope so too we miss you during class. I think Yeoseob too misses you. During classes his mind is like its somewhere else. The teachers were very worried of him." Yumi said.

"Maybe he has some problems at home." you said.

"Yah! Seriously you guys! Let's not talk about it anymore!" Sooyoung said.

"How about we go to your house today ~~ ah!" Yumi suggested.

"My house? Uh.. Well you see.. My father isn't at home." you said.

"That's great then! Let's go!" They both said.

"No, I mean.. I'm not living there now. I'm living with my aunt's for the meantime so that she could watch over me." you lied.

"Oh, that's a bummer." Sooyoung said.

"Let's go to some salon and just get our nails done then." Yumi suggested.

We went to a salon and found Hyomin and her minions there.

We headed inside and just pretended we didn't see her.

We told the miss that we were having mani pedis. She led us to a spot near Hyomin's. While we our nails were being done Hyomin started to talk about Hoya.

"You guys know that my family and Hoya's family are pretty close right?" She asked.

"Of course we do! Who doesn't?" Her minions responded.

"But guess what? I heard the tramp ~~ 's dad is much more closer to them." She said aloud.

The minions gasp and Yumi and Sooyoung just gave me a are you serious look.

You felt nauseous.

"And here's more!" She said.

"I heard she is currently living at Hoya oppas house as well." She said.

"Isn't she a tramp for stealing my boyfriend?" She shouted out and fake cried.

I just sat there frozen and pale.

"Yah. ~~ Is that true?" Sooyoung asked.

"Sooyoung ah, don't listen to that its just probably her made up stories." Yumi said.

"Mianhe Sooyoung-ah, Yumi-ah. What she said, its actually all true.." You admitted.

"Jinja? Whoah! You're so lucky! Why didn't you just tell us!!" They asked.

"Because Hoya would be mad." I pouted.

"Its alright we understand." They said.

"Thank you guys I'm glad to have friends like you." I hugged them.

Hyomin just glared at us and stormed out of the salon with her minions tagging along.

"Wait miss you haven't paid for the services yet!!" The lady called out.

We cracked up on that.

Hyomin came back glaring and paid the bill.

"Keep the change she said." Then got out of the store as soon as she could.

 


Author's Note :

Hei guys, i'm back and I updated ^^

I hope its not too ish enough >///<

sorry for dragging the story too long. im going to make it interesting next chapter :3

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! ~~