I guess that's why they call it 'Crush'

Crushed

“Hyung? Do you get this question?” I turned around to face his classmate.

MyungSoo looked up from his worksheet giving him a slight nod. I almost rolled my eyes at his denseness.

Can’t you tell I want you to offer me some help?

“How do you get it? It’s too confusing for me,” I said, feigning sadness.

He looked at me before replying, “Why don’t I teach you?”

I silently pass him my paper allowing him to explain the solutions to me. I nodded, pretending to understand, trying to look as though I’m trying to absorb the information.

“Here is where you went wrong. You’re supposed to add the equation not subtracting it,” MyungSoo explained, pointing out my mistakes.

After explaining, he passed me back my paper, watching me turn my back on him to redo my solution. I smiled softly at myself for getting his attention, even though it’s for a few minutes.

~~~

“Why don’t you say ‘eyesore’? It sounds like a good word to describe a wilted plant,” I said, trying to convince the stubborn MyungSoo into taking my answer.

He looked at me, protesting.

“I can’t take your answer. It’s your answer.”

I smile at him gently,” I’m okay with it. I’m used to Hoya hyung taking my answer. I don’t mind.”

He gave me back a small smile before raising his hand to give his answer. Upon hearing the answer Lee seongsaenim praised him highly before asking the rest of the students for their answer.

“I told you so,” I said as soon as his attention was back on me, not forgetting to add a smile to show I wasn’t taking it seriously.

MyungSoo took my paper from my hands, scanning my answers quickly before pointing put a word,” Fragile. It’s a good word. Why don’t you say it?”

I quickly shook my head, indicating it was a bad idea.

“No thanks. I’m don’t like answering questions. I never did,” I declined, not showing any hint of giving him at the puppy face he was showing.

He looked at me before raising his hand again to answer the same question but this time, using my answer. Lee seongsaenim nodded her head in approval at MyungSoo’s enthusiasm. To my surprise he quickly pointed at him, saying that it was my answer, trying to give me the credit he thinks I deserved. Fortunately the class was too noisy and simply didn’t pay any attention to him. I looked at MyungSoo in surprised only to have him giving me a bright smile.

Please don’t do that hyung. You’re making me feel this fuzzy feeling in my tummy

~~~~

I quickly login in to a website and search for my online friend as soon as I reached home from school.

Chingu-ah! I've got a huge question to ask you... How do you know when you really really like someone?

I tapped my fingers against my desk, waiting for a reply.

Umm well according to my experience, there are three ways to know! First, you'll smile when you think of him or when someone mentions him to you. Second, whenever he's happy, you're happy. Whenever he's sad, you're sad too, and you want to do whatever you can to see him smile again. Third, when you're having a rough day, when everything just pisses you off, yet just by seeing him it brings a smile on your face.

I stare at the reply, considering the 3 tell tale signs. I reread the first sign trying to recall anything similar to the sign. I tried raking my brains at all my memories of MyungSoo and almost immediately let out a smile when I remembered all the times when I talked to him and how he makes me laugh at the smallest things he do. I bit my lips as I realized I was acting the same way as the first sign.

When he’s happy, I’m happy. When he’s sad, I’m sad.

Flashback

“Hyung, what’s so funny?” I asked curiously as I watched him clutched his stomach, trying hard not to laugh.

“Woohyun pasted a ‘I’m stupid’ sign behind DongWoo’s back and he hasn’t realized it yet and it’s been an hour already,” he replied in between laughters.

Although it wasn’t that hysterical, I couldn’t help but giggle a bit seeing how happy he was.

~~~

“Hyung, why do you always looking so sad during Math lesson?” I asked.

He looked at me in his sad eyes,” It’s nothing. It just that I can never learn in class because the class is always too noisy,”

With that he laid his head on his table, ignoring me. I looked at him sadly, not bothering trying to act as though I’m okay. I turned back to my work, with a slight frown upon my face for the rest of the lesson.

Flashback End

I guess the second sign fits me too…

I read the third sign before letting out a sigh. I don’t even have to think about the last sign. I still remember clearly how all my friends was ignoring for almost 2 weeks but just seeing him never makes me fail to smile and just like that all my problems was forgotten. I closed my eyes trying to slow down my racing heart.

I have a crush on MyungSoo hyung.

~~~~

"You know the other day when you managed to answer teacher's questions was really awesome. How did you know the movie was Mary Poppins and all of those actors name?" I asked, breaking the silence.

He looked up from the math problem giving me a smile.

There goes the butterflies in my tummy again.

"I don't know. I guess it's because when I was small, I was always scared of Mary Poppins so whenever I see her, I would know it's Mary Poppins and run away," he confessed, shrugging his shoulders.

I let out a soft giggle.

"Seriously?"

He gave me a nod before looking back at the question but before he could get started, DongWoo hyung shouted at us.

"Hey, you two! You guys are flirting right?"

I quietly pinch my thigh, preventing me to show any emotions. I looked at DongWoo hyung emotionlessly before getting back to my work, ignoring his teasing.

"Hyung. Cut it out. We're just talking."

DongWoo instantly kept quiet, unable to think of a good comeback.

I bit my inner cheeks while screaming mentally.

What are thinking SungJong? MyungSoo hyung is going to find out if you're going to act as though I'm interested in him! It's just a crush, not love, just a stupid crush which will eventually go away!

~~~~

“Hey MyungSoo hyung, can I ask you something?” I suddenly asked, looking up from my Math homework.

I was sitting beside him in class, seongsaenim doesn’t mind, she lets us do anything we wanted. I saw MyungSoo looking outside the class as a class walked past.

“SungJong get back to your seat, I don’t want my crush thinking I’m with someone else,” MyungSoo urgently said, trying to shove my chair back, causing me to lose my balance and tumble off.

I put out my hands trying to break my fall. I stayed on the floor trying not to let go off my tears. I looked at MyungSoo, at least hoping for an apology but he was to focus watching someone walked past.

SungYeol hyung.

I slowly stood up, dragging my chair back to my original seating place, in front of him, trying not to bawl like a baby.

No point crying. He has never looked at me in that way. I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up high. I guess now I know why they call it a crush because it the end, your heart is going to get crush by the same person you gave it too…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was right wasn’t I? This story is really a fail and too simple in my opinion. I can’t really put my words together because actually all the situation being written out was actually what I experienced. Except the end though about Jongie falling off the chair.So yeah....

Thank you for supporting this oneshot <3

 

Comment please <333