Chapter 1

The Moon and the Sun

The uprising sun welcomed the King of Egypt. His sun kissed skin glowed with the beautiful walls of his home. His pace quickens as he reaches the servant' quarters. "How is she?" the woman on the bed was screaming from the pain. One of the servants tries to pull him away. "Your wife might come! Please! You musn't be here!" the King gives her a stern look "She is having my second child, I must stay with her!" the servant does not argue and leaves him be. He walks over to the woman. Her skin fair and milky white. Her hair as black as night. She looks up at the King. "Please...Take care of our daughters..." The cries of the child emerge as the servants rush to clean it. Tears fill the King's eyes as he watches the woman's life slip away. "Pharoah. It's a girl. The daughter of the Sun." he stares at his new beautiful daughter and holds out his arms. Soft skin meets his own. "Welcome home Nefertiti. Come meet your sister of the Moon, Neferet." He carries you to the crib like structure. I stand and stare at you. I put a hand on your shoulder and smile...

"Neferet! Slow down!" I look back as the wind hits my face. "The horse is its creature now you catch up!" You and I are all grown up. You try to quicken the pace of your horse. We rode through the market, causing havok. "Race you to the Palace Sun!" a grin spreads across your face "You're on, Moon!" we  begin to race through the market, little kids at our tale and angry merchants yelling in different languages. When the guards see us, they jump out of the way so they wouldn't ge trampled by our horses. "TIE!" we get off of the horses. Yours has a white mane while mine has a black mane. "I wonder how you can be the Sun and I the Moon since we can get along.." you ponder at my comment. "The Chinese symbols Ying and Yang. Just like them, our relationship is a mystery." "True, my dear sister." we head to the garden where we are greeted by our half sister Cleopatra. "Hello half mutts." I glare at her and smirk. "I know you are jealous of our unique characteristics but you don't have to hide it, prick." you quickly intervene before anything else could happen. "H-hello, we must get going to our lessons." "Before you two half breeds leave, father announced that the European fleet are going to come tomorrow morning. We all have to be on our best behavior." I look at her and give her a cynical smile, "Don't get it in with the captain like last time." Her pathetic glare makes me laugh, she scoffs and walks off into the palace.

"Moon, father-" "Father doesn't care as long as we are content and happy. Please understand." "Yes, sister." green leaves filled with life move. Your hand slowly makes its way to your hidden dagger within your dress. I kept mine well hidden on my back. Animalistic screeches meet our ears. Your pet chinchilla jumps into your arms, frightened and trembling. My pet tiger comes after, growling at your pet. "Sun! Why didn't you keep Michi in her cage?!?" "But I did leaver her in her cage!" "She learns to quickly for her own good. There, there Midnight. Calm down." my tiger gains control of himself and pounces back into the jungle like garden. You go to find your chinchilla's cage and put her inside. "Well Moon, time for our lessons." "Ooooo, fun! I wonder why Cleopatra doesn't have to do this." "Who knows, she was born on a rainy day. Those are hard to tell from day or night." "True."

We head inside and into the library where the first scholar shows up. He is here to teach us the English language. I look at the table and see that we not only have to learn English but other languages. "How many more do we have to learn?" the scholar looks up "You must be Sun. Well..Korean,Japanese,Chinese,Greek,Latin,Spanish,Arabic,and French." "Sun and I have to learn all of that?" "Yes, so shall we start?" I look at him dumbfounded while you just gave in to our fate with misery. Those are not the only lessons we will learn. We also have science, mathematics,arts, and warfare. ~Your thoughts~ *I don't want to do this! Why must this happen now?!?* ~My thoughts~ *Warfare. I might be able to kill you before you overwhelm us* The lessons continue throughout the day. After many hours of learning the history of every language, we are dismissed.

Servants come rushing back and forth from the halls. "Young ladies! We must prepare for the guests tomorrow!" I look at her and reply, "Yes, we will. Is there anything you want us to help with?" the servant became nervous "That is not necessary!" I quickly grab the basket of fruit she had and headed to the kitchen.  You the same with the vegetables. "But-" "Moon and I have this all under control." we walk to the kitchen and leave the food there. The Pharaoh has insisted many times to each have our own room, but we refused. Our room was still made twice of what it would have been if we each had our own room. You felt tired after this whole day. " Go to sleep, Sun..." "I bet you just want to watch the moon." "Yes, I do. Now sleep, little Sun. You must wake up tomorrow to brighten father's day..." you change into your nightgown and lay on your bed. Your eyelids feel like the heavy bricks that peasants stack together. Slowly your world became dark...