01.

In the Corner of the Library

 

So Ah wandered around the library trying to find a new book to read. Finding no books that interested her, she walked to the librarian and asked her if there were any new books or perhaps, any old books that were recommended.

 

The librarian thought for a moment. “We don’t have any new books at the moment, but there’s a book that is highly recommended that you might not have read yet.”

 

“May I look at it?” So Ah asked. The librarian nodded and went to the back to search for the book. After a few minutes, she walked out with it and handed it to her.

 

So Ah sighed. “I’ve already read this book,” she said.

 

The librarian shook her head. “Then I’m afraid that there’s no other book that I know of.”
 

Sadly, So Ah walked back towards the corner of the library and sat down at the table. Laying her head on her arm, she looked out the window dejectedly. Suddenly, her view was blocked and a shadow was cast over her. “I heard that you were looking for a book,” a voice said.

 

She looked up at the boy who was talking to her with a confused look. Why is this guy talking to me? she thought to herself.

 

He blinked and tilted his head. “Um, excuse me?”

 

Snapping out of her confusion, So Ah replied, “Oh, yes? What were you saying before?”

 

He smiled. “I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation before. I have a book here, if you would like to read it.”

 

So Ah’s face lit up as she looked at the cover. “Thanks! I was wondering what I was going to do the entire day.” She chuckled to herself at the thought of wandering around the city, doing nothing.

 

The boy grinned. “You’re welcome. I just finished reading it and it’s a really good book. Have fun reading it,” he said as he walked away.
 

So Ah smiled as she opened up the book and she started reading. Soon, the sun began to set and she closed the book. Only when she started stretching did she realize that the book wasn’t a library book. So does that mean the book belongs to that boy?
 

She started to examine the book thoroughly and found something scrawled onto the back cover. So Ah looked at it carefully and found that the messy handwriting spelled the name Lee Kiseop.


“So his name was Kiseop, huh?” she mumbled to herself. She sighed as she wondered what she was going to do with the book. After a few minutes of debating to herself, she decided to keep it with her until she met him again.


The next morning, she went back to the library with the book in her bag. She walked around the library looking for the mysterious boy. Disappointment was written all over her face when she couldn’t find him. Crestfallen, she starting walking out of the library. I’ll just look for him tomorrow…

Just as she was about to open the door, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned and found the boy standing in front of her. So Ah widened her eyes.


Kiseop chuckled. “Did you like the book?”


She nodded. “It was great. I had trouble putting it down,” she replied and rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.


Kiseop’s eyes lit up. “Really? That’s great.”


Smiling, So Ah held out the book. “I noticed that this was yours. Here’s your book back.”


“Thanks. I didn’t think you would notice,” he replied. Kiseop grinned. As he took the book from her, their hands brushed against each other’s lightly and So Ah felt sparks going up her spine. She blushed.


“I-I also noticed your name written on the back…,” she added.


“Oh, you did? I always thought that nobody could read my handwriting,” he said, laughing.


So Ah smiled shyly. “I’ve seen worse; don’t worry. You’re hand writing isn’t that bad,” she said, chuckling.


Kiseop smiled as well and at his watch. “Oh, I’m late! I guess I’ll see you…later?”


She smiled and nodded. “Sure. If you ever need me, you’ll know where to find me; right here, in the library.”


“Okay then.” He waved as he left the library. So Ah waved back and went to her corner and looked out the window, waiting for him to return.



10 years later

So Ah was sitting at the table in the kitchen, reading. She heard the door open and her husband walked in. She smiled. “Welcome back.”


Kiseop smiled back and walked over to her. “Thanks,” he replied as he wrapped his arms around her. He laughed when he saw the book in her hands. “Reading again?” he asked, pecking her cheek.


So Ah nodded. “Yes. You can never get tired of reading, and that’s how I met you in the first place.”


Kiseop grinned. “And I’m the one that taught you how to love,” he replied cutely.


So Ah laughed. “That’s true. Who else can brag about marrying their first love?”



“Not many!” Kiseop said as he kissed her neck. So Ah chuckled. Somehow, she knew that she wasn’t going to sleep tonight.