Final

You Bring Me Pain, But I Love You

    He was going into the army two months before it was time. Leaving his six month old son, HeeMin, and me, his wife, early and to fend for ourselves. I hated him for this but I can’t help but love him. Tomorrow afternoon he was leaving and tonight we ended on a horrible note.

    We said words that we usually say to each other in a fight but it escaladed to words that we said only twice before and it came out of my mouth first. I told him I hated him and he said the feeling was mutual in basic words. I couldn’t deny the fact that I loved him; it was love at first sites at least how we show it and here we are telling each other how much we hate each other.

(Flashback 8 years ago)

    I woke up like I would any other day and woke my roommate who was sleeping in her room that was next to mines. I ended up scolding her for asking for five more minutes in bed like I do every morning. We got ready and headed out for the nearest coffee shop which was our usual hang out since we moved to South Korea, 2 years ago.

   We walked in and I couldn’t help but stare at this gorgeous man who was talking to four other guys. I walked to the cashier and greeted her. She was a friend of mines and my roommates.

“Anneyong DaeMin.” I said with a smile.

“Anneyong MinGi, KiSa. The usual I believe?” She said and I smiled while nodding. “Okay I’ll call you when it’s ready.” I thanked her and went to go sit down. On my way I was still staring at the gorgeous man while KiSa was talking.

“You like him don’t you?” She asked me.

“No crap Ki unnie, he’s gorgeous.” I said looking at her. I bumped into someone on mistake. “Mien.” I quickly apologized with a bow.

“Yah!! Watch where you’re going.” The man I was staring at, yelled harshly.

“I said sorry. No need to be so cold.” I replied in the same tone.

“What did you just say to me?” He asked raising an eyebrow. “Are you getting smart with me?”

“If you want to take it that way.” I said. One of the boys came over to me.

“Please forgive my hyung.” He said with apologetic eyes. “I’m HanGeng, this is HeeChul.” He said the pointing to angry man I was arguing with. “That’s DongHae, LeeTeuk, and EunHyuk.” He said pointing out the other boys.

“Nice to meet you all. I am MinGi and this is KiSa.” I said with a smile.

(End)

    A day later he asked me on a date saying how much he loved my personality. I was excited that day. From then on we continued to date and I became his girlfriend fast. Our relationship was challenging about a year and a half in though.

(Flashback 6 ½ years ago)

    I woke up in HeeChul’s apartment like any normal day that I don’t have work. He wasn’t beside me so I went to look for him in the kitchen; instead he was at the door. I heard a girl’s voice that sounded like DaeMin’s. There she was; I was about to greet her when she hugged HeeChul kissing him on the cheek.

   I was furious. I went up stairs got dressed out my pajamas and got the rest of my stuff and was ready to leave.

“Gi, your up?” He said closing the door with a smile. I walked passed him without saying a word. He grabbed my arm. “Babe, what’s wrong? Why are you leaving so soon?”

“Can you please let me go?” I asked.

“Tell me what’s wrong and I will.”

“Why were you hugging DaeMin?” He looked shocked.

“You saw her?” He said I was mad because he sounded like he was keeping it a secret. “I mean she was hugging me because she was going through something and I was helping her.”

“Yeah I bet. I’m getting tired of this little lie HeeChul. I always see you two together being affectionate. I’m done being her friend because of it.”

“MinGi, I did nothing with her. I promise.”  Pushed passed him.

“Just like my friendship with her is over, our relationship is over.” I said leaving my stuff behind and walking out of the door.

   I ended up at home and crying to KiSa about what happened. She comforted me and cared for me the whole night. I couldn’t find the will power to do anything.

“Ki unnie, I don’t know what to do I miss him so much but I have a feeling he’s cheating with DaeMin.”

“That’s the problem. You had a feeling he cheated with DaeMin Let me call her and I bet she will tell the truth.” I just nodded.

   After she called DaeMin I was relieved at mad at myself that I didn’t believe Chullie. I got out of bed and hugged Ki unnie for her help. I went to his apartment to see apologize for everything. Once I got there all the lights were off and I didn’t think he was home. I opened the door with the key he gave me and walked into a huge mess everywhere. I saw him crying and lying on the couch.

“Chullie-pup, I am so sorry that I didn’t believe you.” I looked up at me. I wiped his tears away.

“I could any girl I want but I want you. You are the most beautiful person ever.”

 “I know. Will you forgive me please?” He just kissed me and smiled a little. “Lets get you cleaned up.” I took him and got him in the shower. After he finished dressing we cleaned up his mess. “I love you Chullie-pup.”

“I love you too Gi-baby.” He smiled.

   We finished cleaning and I sat down with his head in my lap. I played in his hair while we watched television, Heebum even came out and we played with him as well. After what happened we ended up back together this was just a test of our love for each other.

(End)

   After that our relationship was never the same, granted it got stronger but he started making me cry a lot more and I did the same with him. I was always there for him though, even at his lowest and highest points.

    I loved him with all my heart and always told him to lets never break up no matter what and he would always repeat it. Now here I am lying in bed with no one but HeeMin and the argument between HeeChul and I replaying in my head over and over again.

“MinGi can I talk to you?” He asked yelling from downstairs of our house.

“Sure what’s up?” I said walking downstairs.

“I submitted into the army 2 months early. But I leave tomorrow.”

“Seriously? Why are you going so soon and how come you didn’t tell me earlier?” I said raising my voice a little.

“I didn’t want you to be mad.”

“Listen to how stupid you sound. I would have taken this better if you would have told me earlier.”

“How stupid I sound. You are getting mad over nothing. We’ve been together 8 years total. We have been married 5 years and you still want to be this mad over something this stupid. You are the stupid one.”

“How am I stupid when all I wanted if you to have told me earlier. I could have made time for you and have spent more time with you. I swear you get on my freaking nerves.” I said storming off upstairs into our shared bedroom. He followed behind.

“I should be saying the same for you. You are clingy, annoying, and not worth waking up HeeMin up for.” Those words stung.

“Is that what you really think of me?” That’s all I could say to him because I was hurt.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I love you, I’m sorry.”

“I hate you and I couldn’t care for you if you died in action. Leave!” I yelled at him. “Why did I even stay with you anyways? I should’ve left you long ago.”

“I hate you too.”

“This s why when you return I will be signing divorce papers.” I said and I could tell he was hurt but I was as well so I could careless.

   That was the last thing I heard from him. He left his child and me and I was sad but I had to be strong because it was my fault.

(2 years 6 months later)

“Chullie!!” I yelled as they released him from service.

   Things got better between us. He would write us everyday and I eventually forgave him and stood by him the whole way. It was tough but I got through it with the help of KiSa unnie and her new boyfriend LeeTeuk who was older than Chullie and was one of his best friends. HeeMin had a lot to do with getting through this.

“Baby!!” He yelled happily. “I missed you!”

“I missed you too. So did HeeMin. Say hi to appa HeeMin.” I said to him and HeeMin walked up with KiSa, LeeTeuk, HanGeng, DongHae, and EunHyuk.

“Anneyong Appa.” He said n a cute voice. HeeChul picked him up and tears started to escape his eyes while they hugged each other.

   We went home and looked at all the letters he sent me, which were stacked up in the closet. We put HeeMin down for a nap and played with Heebum. We had HeeChul back and I was happy. Happy is an understatement I was ecstatic. We cuddled all night I just didn’t want to let go.

“Lets never break up. Saranghae.” He said to me. I kissed him.

"Nado, Saranghae." I said before we both feel asleep in each others arms.