1

Secret Love

 

He kept his eyes fixed on her delicate fingers which were dancing on the smooth keys of the piano. It was just a simple chord she had played, but to him, it was such a beautiful sound. The melody echo-ed throughout the filming set. Yongguk advanced forward by a slight bit to take a better look at her face. Her hair was of a rich shade of bondi-blue which falls straight upon her petite figure. Clad in a dark coloured dress, she was elegantly seated on the piano bench. The piano was as though sent to life by her slender fingers. The ivory white keys could be seen condensed to a lower level under her fingers. Her fake lashes framed her gentle eyes which seems as though they could enlighten the whole world. Yongguk knew that even without make-up, she would still be as angelic.

His trance was interrupted by a loud voice which yelled 'cut'. 'Great job Jieun!' came another voice, which he assumed was her makeup co-ordinator. Jieun stood from where she was seated before as the two ends of her lips curved up. In Yongguk's eyes, her smile lit up the dimly lighted place and fills the darkest dwellings with a beautiful glow that radiates from her. That smile of hers never fails to leave him breathless. He remembered the very first time he could witness her beautiful smile. It was when they were introduced to each other as duet partners. On their first meeting, she extended her right hand towards him and flashed her signature smile. There, it left Yongguk breathless and he lifted his left hand for a handshake. He could clearly recall that black ring she wore on her fourth finger and her nails were neatly painted lavender pink. The way his large hand enveloped her hands made it as though hers was a tad bit small. He felt the warmth of her palm and how her fingers wrapped around the back of his hands. He could confirm that he had fallen for her, however he was totally unaware of her feelings.

Jieun grabbed a tissue and dapped it against her sweaty neck. She used her other hand and started doing a little fanning action against her face. Enjoying the little breeze she managed to create for herself, she sat down on a foldable chair. Jieun felt a gentle tap on her arm and turned around. She was greeted by the sight of Yongguk decked in a black hoodie which fell over his eyes. From where Jieun was seated, she could catch a glimpse of Yongguk’s eyes which were smiling warmly at her. Yongguk lifted his hand and showed her a bottle of water which he got for her from his manager. “It is really warm in here, you can drink this,” he pointed out with his usual low-pitched voice which mesmerised her. She was analysing his dark orbs underneath the black cloth and was once again captivated her. Realising what she was doing, Jieun immediately stood up and blurted “Oh, Yongguk-ah. Rapper style!” while doing the typical hand gesture he would usually do. Yongguk was slightly surprised by her little outburst in which he thought was irresistibly cute. Unknown to him, a faint blush crept up Jieun’s cheek as she attempted not to be awkward around him.

During their practice sessions, the rest of her bandmates would be together with her cheering her on. Due to the lively atmosphere before, she felt comfortable around Yongguk and could behave how she usually was. Chirpy, jovial, insouciant and enjoyable. This gave Yongguk more reasons for him to develop a crush on her. However this time, she was filming the MV for their duet ‘Going Crazy’ without any of her members around her. She was exceptionally cautious of her behaviour.

Yongguk could not help but chuckled upon her weird gesture as he urged her to have a drink. Jieun took the bottle from him with appreciation. “It’s your turn now, I’ll be watching you from here, fighting!” she said with robust  before sipping on the bottle of water. He nodded in acknowledgement of her encouragement and went towards the set. Jieun watched his every motion. The way he adjusted his outfit, the way he fixed his hair, the way he warmed up his movements. What was it that was so attractive about him? She looked down onto the bottle of water she received from him.  It’s the endless concern he showed for her.

Yongguk’s portion of the song boomed through the speakers. As though he got possessed, he is now a charismatic rapper. Jieun brought to mind an incident not long ago when they were practicing for their live comeback stage. Their CEO decided that there should be a slight interaction whereby Yongguk will brush her hair and lift up her chin. This made the duo bashful as they were afraid that their feelings might just rage all over. None of them were wary of each others’ feelings. Yongguk even dared to tell their CEO that he will not perform such intimate actions if Jieun doesn’t feel comfortable with it. Unknowingly, her cheeks turned crimson red thinking of the how Yongguk tried to carry out those actions after she agreed that she could handle it..

The pair were not sure of how their relationship would develop after spending more time in the future on this duet project. Even their band members knew that either of them would eventually fall for the other and would tease about the two in their individual dorms. They way the two of them would show exceptional care and smiles towards each other. They just needed time to show how they really felt.

_

Have not read through, why am I so lazy. I know it's short but please comment!