Chapter 1

Se7en

NO ONE'S POV

Dong Wook awoke as the sound of his alarm clock rang: 6:30 am.

He opened his eyes and blinked a bit as his vision slightly cleared and he was staring up at his plain white ceiling. He rubbed his eyes a bit and laid down for a second or two before getting up.  Once he got up he picked up his black ray banz glasses and put them on, now he could see perfectly.

Dong Wook sleepily went into his bathroom and got ready, his normal, boring routine for school.  He looked inside his closet as he speculated the different jackets, shirts, and jeans that were hanging in there.  He finally decided to wear a worn out Captain America blue shirt, just a little too baggy for him, with a black cargo jacket and faded blue straight jeans. He then wore his only shoes,  the black and white DC shoes and was off to go downstairs to the small kitchen in his small, old apartment.

"Hey Son.  I made your favorite for breakfast today."  His father, Choi Min Sik, said as he laid a plate of scrambled eggs and burnt toast in front of him.  

"Gee thanks dad... my favorite as in the same old breakfast you make everyday?"  Dong Wook joked with his dry sarcasm.  His father smiled at him sweetly as Dong Wook ate his eggs and drank his orange juice.

"So you uh going to work today?"  Dong Wook asked cautiously while trying to look occupied eating his breakfast.

"Dong Wook.. i thought we talked about this."  His father said.

"yeah we did. but what i just dont get is the fact that you keep working there when they obviously dont appreciate you."  He said setting down his drink and looking at his dad straight in the eye.

His father sighed as he looked down and then looked back up, "The economy is bad.  I'm lucky enough to even have a job.  I promise that once everything gets a little better, i'll get a better job."

Dong Wook sighed as well as he his lips and took his plate and glass up to the sink, "Whatever. Just remember that they're NOTHING without you.  I mean you make that place crystal clean. My eyes could get blinded just by lookin at the place."  Dong Wook said as half smiled at his father.

His father smiled at Dong Wook's encouragement, "Thanks. I do my best."  Dong Wook let out a small laugh as he picked up his black jansport and headed for the door.  

"See ya later dad."  

"Bye Son. Have a good time at school!" 

"Oh wait! Dad remember i'm gonna be late... i uh have this study stuff to do at the library."  He lied as his dad nodded.

"Noted. Now go before the bus leaves without you... AGAIN."  Dong Wook smiled as he waved and left.  And he was not late as the bus was just about to leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dong Wook exited the bus as he walked straight to his school.  Seoul High was a decent school. it wasnt too big and it wasnt too small, though the people in the school were incredibly rich and... narcissistic. Except for one girl, Park Han Byul, Dong Wook was in love with this angel who was incredibly rich but also incredibly kind and caring. And he was staring at her right now.  He entered the school and went to his locker which was right across from Han Byul's who was also at her locker getting her stuff.  Dong Wook had opened his locker but completely forgot about what he had to do as he was leaning against the door and staring at her beauty.  Then... BAM!

"Hey loser."  Ji Hoon said as he smirked with two of his "jock" friends behind him smirking as well.  He had closed Dong Wook's locker door shut as he was too busy staring at Han Byul.

Dong Wook sighed, "Look, im not buying lunch today so i dont have any money right now. so sorry maybe next time."  He tried opening the locker door again but Ji Hoon slammed his door shut.  Dong Wook sighed again as he rolled his eyes looking at Ji Hoon.

"You really dont get it do you?"  Ji Hoon said smirking.

"... Get what?"  Dong Wook asked confused.  Ji Hoon then gave his basketball over to his friend as he snatched Dong Wook's backpack away and searched through it.

"H-Hey dude! Seriously?!"  Dong Wook tried to get his backpack but Ji Hoon's two friends held him back.  Ji Hoon then dropped his backpack on the floor holding his lunch bag in his hand.  His two friends let him go as Ji Hoon smirked and left bumping into Dong Wook's shoulder.

Dong Wook sighed as he turned in their direction as they were leaving

"Oh Yeah!  Thanks! You know you enjoy that slightly expired tuna sandwich!"  Then there was sound of trash being thrown in the garbage can.

"Or you can just throw it away."  Dong Wook murmured to himself as he picked up his bag and dusted it off.  The bell rang as students were walking to their first period classes.  He walked over to the trash can and took out his lunch bag as he dusted that off as well.

"Taking food from trash cans?"  A girl's voice asked as he looked up and widened his eyes.  He made an effort to talk but his mouth was wide open and nothing would come out.

Han Byul smiled at him, "Well i dont think its that sanitary but.. go ahead." 

"...O-Oh this.  Its.. i was just throwing it away just now."  Dong Wook stuttered as he threw it back in the trash.  Han Byul let out a small laugh as she smiled sweetly, "Well we should get to Chem."  Then she walked past him as he was still in the same position.  Then a thought hit him.

"Chem?  She knows i'm in her class?.... This is the BEST day ever."  Dong Wook said to himself smiling and biting his under lip as he left to get to class as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*RRRIIINNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG*

The school bell rang as english was over for Dong Wook.  Everyone rushed out as Dong Wook walked out last again.  He was walking out of the school as he took his backpack and checked the very front small pocket at the front.  Dong Wook took out a pass to a Jung Corps. convention.  He knew it was bad to lie to his dad but he had to.  His dad didnt want him anywhere near Jung Corps. because he believed it was a bad influence, which it was. ANd although Dong Wook didnt like it either, he couldnt help it.  They were testing out a NEW invention, some kind of antidote to treat the dying.  He had to see for himself.

Dong Wook walked on as he headed for the Corps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dong Wook was in front of the biggest and tallest glass building in the city.  He gulped as he hesitated but went inside.  It was huge as a bunch of sophisticated, important looking people were walking about.  he looked out of place especially the captain america shirt.  He then walked towards the main desk as the girl asked, "hello. How may i help you?"

"Um. I'm here for the convention?"  He said more as a question as he showed his pass.  She smiled genuinely, "Over there to the right you may take the stairs and its the room with the glass door all the way down the hall."

"Okay. Thank You."  He smiled slightly cautious.  Dong Wook then turned around and widened his eyes as he saw his father cleaning up the floor.  in panic he looked around and ran for the stairs, accidentally slightly bumping into people.  He hid below the walls of the stair case looking at his dad.  Then he ran up the stairs as fast as he could.  He stopped for a second as he was up the stairs, taking some air.  Then Dong Wook walked down the hall as the woman said and found the glass door.  He then tried to open it but there was no knob.  He then saw a machine scanner next to it and scanned his pass and entered as the door opened.

"Ladies and gentlemen."  He came right in time as it was about to start.  Dong Wook hid in the back so as not to stand out with his worn out clothing.  

"I am proud to present the owner of this corporation. Mr. Jung Hyun."  A sophisticated man in a grey suit said, smiling, as a man in a black suit appeared fake smiling.

*ugh...* Dong Wook thought as he slightly rolled his eyes.  He remembered Ji Hoon's father from when they were best friends.  Even from when he first met him, he disliked him.  He was too forceful and persistent and above all, his fake smiles were a bit menacing and intimidating.  Dong Wook was glad he had nothing to do with him anymore, even a friendly conversation with him felt like he was being interrogated.  

"Hello Everyone.  We are all here today to witness the antidote of the future."  Mr. Jung Hyun said as he smiled his fake smile still, looking at everyone, "Created by Dr. Lee, one of our finest scientists here at Jung Corporations, this antidote will be able to cure the dying, whatever disease it may be."  Everyone clapped as Dong Wook awkwardly looked around and slow clapped to go along with the crowd.

"Now. I present to you, Dr. Lee."  Jung Hyun stepped down as everyone clapped and Dr. Lee stood up on the podium.

"This Antidote 667 will prove to be the cure for all kinds of diseases.  You'll be cured, in fact you will feel better than ever before with this antidote, and i will prove it right here."  He opened up the veiled instruments to reveal a mouse lying down in a glass box with tubes connected to it and large tanks on the side of it.  Dong Wook looked and listened on.

"This mouse has been dying these last few days and we believe this antidote will cure it here and now."  Dr. Lee said as everyone clapped.

He smiled and stayed up for a while as the applause died down.  Then he went over to the machine and waited as he pressed the red button.  Everyone can hear the machines whir as purple gas filled the tank that the mouse was in.  Dong Wook looked intrigued as he looked on.

"Doctor. I think we can stop it now."  Jung Hyun said worried.

"I am... Its not working."  Dr. Lee said frantic as he pressed a few more buttons.  The glass of the Mouse's tank started to break as everyone started whispering.

"Doctor.."  Jung Hyun said sternly.

"Why wont you stop?!"  As the Doctor said the last few words the glass broke and the purple gas started to spread.  There were screams everywhere as everyone inhaled the gas. Jung Hyun and his guards managed to not inhale as much as they looked frantic.

"DOCTOR! FIX THIS!"  Jung Hyun said sternly as he hurriedly left with his guards not before noticing a familiar face: Dong Wook.  Jung Hyun looked curious but ushered out trying not to inhale the gas.  

"AHHHH!!!!"  Everyone screamed as people fainted.  Dong Wook also was frantic as he tried not to breathe in the gas.  

Dr. Lee was in there for a while but was in a panic so he soon left.  Everyone started falling down one by one.  Dong Wook was in there for a very long time but he was trying to find an exit.  He found a few buttons and a door and pressed one as the door opened.  He hurried inside and closed the door as he coughed and breathed in the fresh air. It was not long before he noticed he was in an elevator that was going down.

Once the elevator door opened he noticed the rapid alarm sounds and the hectic people on the lower first level running about.

"Please evacuate safely." The loud speakers said.  Dong Wook walked out of the elevator a little bit dazed.  He bumped into some people but he didnt care and they didnt care.  He then made it outside breathing in the air some more.  Dong Wook then continued on his way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 10pm before he made it home.  He lost some time by getting lost.  He entered his apartment as his father was there.

"Why were you so late?  Were you studying that much?"  His father questioned a little worried.

"Huh? OH Yeah.. I.. You know..."  Dong Wook couldnt think straight as his mind was whirring.

"Are you alright?  You look a bit sick."  His dad asked.

"Yea im totally fine."  Dong Wook said as he stumbled across.

"Ok No. You need to get to bed."  His father said as he helped him up the stairs and into his room.

He set him on his bed as Dong Wook passed out.  His father looked at him and sweetly smiled, "My grown boy..."

Then he went back down the stairs closing the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*RRRIIINNNGGGGG*

Dong Wook stood up straight as he heard his alarm clock.  He looked at it: It was 6:40.

He then rubbed his eyes and stretched out his limbs remembering last night.  He sighed as he noticed he felt fine.  The dizziness from last night was gone.  He noticed he was still in his same clothes so he undressed in a dark blue plain hoodie and dark blue jeans with his same shoes.  He got ready as he put on his glasses.  Strangely his vision was still blurred.  He then proceeded to take them off and clean them and put them back on.  But they were still blurry then he looked up without his glasses.  He put them on and off, on and off. 

"My vision.."  Dong Wook said to himself as he looked around. Everything was crystal clear. Dong Wook was weirded out as he placed his glasses on the desk.

He then looked around cautiously before going down the stairs to the kitchen.

The small television was on as his dad noticed him.

"Oh Hey.  You were a bit sick last night. Are you okay now?"  His dad asked as he placed the same breakfast down in front of him.

"Huh? Oh Yeah for sure.  completely fine now."  Dong Wook said as he was about to touch his fork.

"In other events. Jung Corps' Fatal accident, killing many workers..." It trailed off as his dad scoffed, "Sure... CONSTRUCTION workers... They were innocent civilians... somehow the convention got all wrong and-"

"The whole room was gassed..."  Dong Wook finished off unknowingly.

His dad looked straight at him, "how did you know?"

"Huh?!"  Dong Wook looked straight at him, "Uh. Well you said something about that last night."

"I did?"  His dad asked confused.

"yeah..."  Dong Wook said cautious.

His dad shrugged, "Well it doesnt matter.  covering up what really happened is just exactly what Jung Corps would do..So selfish and shallow of them.."

"Did they all die?" 

His dad sighed, "Sadly yes... Not one survived.." 

Dong Wook looked troubled as he took his fork and tried to take a bite from his plate.  But instead he accidentally broke the plate with his fork.

"You okay?"  His dad asked as he looked strangely at the broken plate.

"Huh? Yeah.. I'm fine..."  Dong Wook said confused as well, "You know what? Im just not that hungry-"

his dad accidentally dropped his dish with his eggs and toast flying everywhere but Dong Wook caught it just in time and swiftly picked back the food up with the plate while it was still in the air.

His dad looked at him with wide eyes as Dong Wook just set the plate down in a hurry.  His mouth opened to explain but nothing came out.

"Well... You sure arent sick anymore..."  They were both bewildered as Dong Wook stepped back, "Uh... Im gonna go to school now. Have fun at work!"  He then ran to the door and tried to open the door but the doorknob broke.

Dong Wook stared at it as well as did his dad from the kitchen.

"Uh.." He stared at the doorknob then set it down, "I'll uh fix it later. Bye!"  Then he ran out the door.

"Wait what about your glasses?!" His dad asked but he was already gone.

"AWW NO!"  He yelled as the bus left.  Dong Wook bent down breathing heavily.  He then stood up straight and started jogging a bit to school.  Once he did his feet suddenly picked up and he began flipping around and running faster.  He flipped from walls and swung down from low street lights.  Before he knew it he was at school.

He examined himself as he was thoroughly freaked out. "Whats happening?" Then he remembered the gas victims.

"They died?!.." he whispered to himself as he went into the school and opened his locker.  He took a double take as he saw that Han byul was across from him.

"Hey dufus."  Ji Hoon said smirking once again and slamming his locker door.

Dong Wook sighed, "Not today Ji Hoon."

"Oh?.. So the loser's standing up for himself." His two friends laughed as a crowd started to form.  Han Byul then noticed as well and watched.

"I'm not in the mood so leave me alone." He opened his locker but Ji Hoon slammed it shut today.

"Oh yea?  What are you gonna do about it? Huh?"  Ji Hoon said as he stepped closer and closer as he pushed Dong Wook.  Dong Wook sighed as he looked to the side.

"Huh?"  Ji Hoon kept pushing him.  Then Finally Dong Wook threw his arms off and dodged Ji Hoon's punch as he grabbed his collar swiftly and banged him against the lockers, holding him up.

Everyone gasped as they saw this.

"Leave me alone."  Dong Wook said.  Then he realized what he was doing and let him go suddenly.  He then looked around at the crowd and saw Han Byul who had a worried expression on her face.  Dong Wook his lips as he picked up his backpack and swiftly walked off.

Han Byul watched him leave as she looked up at Ji Hoon, disappointed.  There was still a slight crowd as Ji Hoon saw her and went up to her.

"Han Byul look-"

"Shut it. I told you not to mess with anyone again.  We're through."  She said angrily as she walked off in the direction of Dong Wook.

Ji Hoon sighed as he punched the lockers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dong Wook sighed as he was on a bench at the back of the school, in the field.

"Hey."  He looked up as he saw Han Byul smiling at him apologetically.

"H-Hey.."  He said as he made room for her on the bench.

She sat down as she looked at him, "I'm really sorry for what Ji Hoon did.. He's a real jerk."

Dong Wook laughed a bit, "Well yeah i know."  She smiled at him apologetically once again, "I didnt know you had some fight in ya. Seemed like a totally different person that time."

"Yeah well... Things have been strange."  He said.

"I know what you mean."  She said smiling still.  "So.. Dong Wook right?"

Dong Wook nodded fast, "Uh Yeah."

"Well its nice finally having a conversation with you. Every other time you stuttered and i thought you hated me."

"Hated you?!"  He said bewildered, "No of course not. I mean you're like the prettiest most caring person here-"  He stopped short as he realized what he said, "I mean.. Thats what i heard."

She giggled at his shyness, "We should talk some more.  You're interesting."

He looked at her as she looked away and stood up, "Well I gotta go now.  Ballet practice before school starts. so.. I'll see you around."  He nodded as he couldnt say anything.  Then she left and smiled real big.  He stood up on the bench and jumped so high, did two back flips in a row and landed perfectly back on the bench.

"WOO!"  He screamed smiling big, then it slowly faded.  He realized he needed to figure out what's happening to him.  I mean he was a bboy but he couldnt flip off of walls or just flip and swing about anywhere like he did while getting to school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dong Wook decided to go to Jung Corps at lunch as he swiftly took public transportation there.

He once again entered the glass building as he started walking towards the main desk.

"Dong Wook?"  This voice sounded familiar as Dong Wook panicked inside.

"Is that you?"  The voice came closer and louder as Dong Wook silently scolded himself for getting caught. Then he quickly turned around and smiled at his dad who was sternly looking at him with his janitor uniform and a mop.

"Hey dad. I thought i could hang out with you at lunch, here."  Dong Wook lied.

"Hang out?... You usually stay at school."  His dad said confused.

"Well yea. But that gets boring after a while."  Dong Wook said smiling at him.

"Are you okay?  You've been acting very strange today.. And you even forgot your glasses.  Can you see fine?"

"yea!."  He said then he saw the way his dad was looking at him so he told a slight lie, "Well. Its a little blurry but i can manage."

"Are you trying to look good for a girl?"

"Huh?"  He was confused as his dad gave him a knowing look, "Listen. I understand you wanted to impress that Han Byul girl for a long time but changing the way you look is not the way to go son. Trust me, I know.  Now starting from tomorrow wear your glasses before you hurt yourself."

"No dad. Really my vision is getting better and not so loud about Han Byul."  Dong Wook whispered the last part as he looked around cautiously.

"... She's not here."  His dad said in a tone.

"Right.."  Dong Wook nervously laughed while scratching the back of his head.  They were talking some more as Jung Hyun came out with his guards and some important people by his side.

"Mr. Jung the whole thing isnt going to blow over that easily.  We need a plan."

"And i told you i already took care of it."  Jung Hyun said irritated.

"The press isnt going to hold off with that cover up for long."

"Mr. Wong."  Jung Hyun said turning to him and stopping, "Now.  Construction workers died. Thats it. THATS the cover story. OKay?"  He fake smiled as he turned around and walked on, but not for too long as he saw the janitor and Dong Wook talking.  He observed them as he saw Dong wook's dad playfully hitting him on the shoulder and Dong Wook trying to take cover.

"How many people did you say was found in that room?"  Jung Hyun asked Mr. Wong.

"19 sir."  Mr. Wong said.

"Didnt 20 sign up?"  Jung Hyun asked not taking his eyes off of Dong Wook.

"Yes. But that one person might not have shown up, he was noted here as the youngest to sign up.  A high school student, probably had some homework to do."  Mr. Wong explained.

"What was his name?"  Jung Hyun asked.

"Um.  Choi Dong Wook sir. But may i ask whats-"  Mr. Wong was cut off.

"Choi Dong Wook.."  Jung Hyun said as he narrowed his eyes remembering seeing Dong Wook there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But seriously dad.  I'm perfectly FINE."  Dong Wook said for the tenth time.

His dad looked at him curiously but he gave up, "Alright then."  They smiled at each other as family does as Jung Hyun walked up to them.

"Well hello there Min Sik."  Dong Wook's dad looked up as his smiled slowly faded, "Mr. Jung. Sir."  He bowed slightly as Jung Hyun laughed a bit, "No need to bow.  We're old friends."

Dong Wook stiffened as he did NOT want to engage in conversation with Jung Hyun.

"Sure."  His dad said coldly.

"Uh Hey dad.  Dont you have work to do?  I gotta go soon too, cause of school and stuff."

"Really?  Well alright then. and yes i do have to get to work."  His dad said catching on to the first part of what Dong Wook said.  Dong Wook smiled at him and then at Jung Hyun as he slightly bowed.

"Sir."  Then he started to walk away until Jung Hyun said something.

"Nice convention was it not?"  Jung Hyun asked as Dong Wook stopped in his tracks.  He thought Jung Hyun didnt see him.

"What?"  He turned around slowly as he asked.

"The convention yesterday.  I saw you there.  Did you enjoy it?" He asked slyly smiling.

Dong Wook's dad widened his eyes as he looked back to face him, "YOu what?"

Dong Wook looked back and forth as he opened his mouth, "D-Dad i-"

"Dont you have some cleaning to do?"  Mr. Wong said towards his dad who humbly apologized, "Of Course."  Then he looked back half with worry that Jung Hyun might do something and half with a 'i'll kill you when you get home' face.

"See ya dad."  Dong Wook said nervously. "You know i really do have to go-"

"I'm sure you heard what happened."  Jung Hyun smiled still.

"Yeah.. tragic... I mean. I'm perfectly fine obviously because i left before anything like that happened. so.."  Dong Wook trailed off.  He was a horrible liar.

Jung Hyun kept smiling, "yes. How lucky you were."  Dong Wook nervously smiled as there was a bit of silence.  He was feeling a little uncomfortable that Jung Hyun kept smiling at him.

"Ok.. Well i'm gonna go so-"

"Oh and Dong Wook."  Jung Hyun stopped him as he turned around half sighing.

"Nice to see your vision has gotten exceptionally better."  Jung Hyun slyly smiled even more.  Dong Wook was a bit nervous but kept his cool, "uh Yeah.. Lasik eye surgery.."  He then trailed off and walked away.

Jung Hyun's smiled then slowly faded as he kept looking at Dong Wook until he disappeared.

"Mr. Jung.  Do you have an interest in that boy?"  Mr. Wong asked confused.

"Mr. Wong...  Everyone's interested in treasures."  Jung Hyun said as he walked off with his guards.  Mr. Wong did not understand but followed him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Phew man!  Seriously.. He still has that same creepy smile and tone.. Gah.. I thought i was gonna die."  Dong Wook said to himself happy that he was out of sight, *But wait... if everyone else died in that convention... What happened to me?... purple gas...*  Dong Wook then left to go back to school thinking to himself... What happened?