I'd Rather

Seungska's Oneshot Collections
I’d Rather
Inspired from: Luther Vandross
Ft. DaraGon

-----------------------------

[a/n: My emo mode is done! Really! Anyway i contemplated at first if i should release this or not. but what the heck! it's what i feel like writing. Sorry if i lack the other pairings in here i guess this whole surprises got me good! Anyway i ended up making this in one go! so please bare with my mistakes. Insomnia kicks my tushie so well neh?! PS maybe long read ahead!]

-----------------------------

I'd Rather

It’s another Friday night, and here he is out in the club partying with his friends.  He had just come home from Japan after their last concert preparing himself for a few days of freedom.

Aside from Big Bang concert, he’s also been busy preparing for his second album and so everything started piling making him stressed.

However one thing for sure that doesn’t fail to escape his mind is her. He could still remember her so well; that he’s slowly realizing what he has done was the biggest mistake he has made in his whole entire life.

[Flashback]  

After coming back from their busy schedule, from Seoul to Japan, Jiyong had become more stressed that little things could irritate him so easily.

He glanced at his phone sighing deeply seeing that there is still no message from her making him angry. He messaged her countless of times telling her he’s already home but not even one message was received from her.

Jiyong dialed her number and finally the girl he was trying to reach had answered.

“Why aren’t you answering my messages?” he asked directly without saying hello.

“Sorry, we’re busy practicing, we just got our break,” she answered calmly making the boy in the other line irritated. “Why are you so angry at me all of a sudden?”

“I’ve been sending you messages telling you I’m home,” he went on. “And all I get is you feeling bothered by me calling.”

“Wait Ji,” she scoffed in the other line. “Why are you suddenly putting your anger at me? I told you ahead of time that the girls and I are going to be busy for this whole month. And you also told me you were too. I still text and call you daily. Did I get mad when you didn’t pick up or answered my messages before?”

Jiyong took in a deep breath hoping not to lose control. It’s not what he wanted to hear from her especially now that he’s home, but hearing the girl annoyed had sure made him angrier than he already is.

“It doesn’t matter,” he said.

“Jiyong what’s wrong with you?” she asked still bothered the way he spoke to her.

“Nothing , just forget it,” he sternly said.

“No!” she exclaimed. “Tell me why you’re suddenly blowing steam at me? Did I do something wrong? I’m sorry okay if I just got on my phone? I’m sorry I just answered. But like you I’m stressed out but I never once made you feel you were part of it. I was hoping to hear from you sweet encouraging message yet here you are complaining to me that I haven’t answered.”

“I said forget it Dara,” he retorted. “I get you! I’m stressing you out right now. I can clearly hear it.”

“Jiyong please, I don’t have time for this,” she tried not to yell. “I’m just as stress as you are, so don’t tell me how stressed you are right now about me.”

“I never said that dammit!” he raised his voice. “Fine, since I’m stressing you out, then let’s break up!”

The other line went quiet making the guy annoyed. He’s stressed that he hasn’t heard much from her. They would call each other while they're distance apart but their conversation always ends in complaints about one another.

Their text messages went from long to short making each other mad knowing something is up yet no one spoke about it. And when they do try to solve their issues they always end up making it worst disabling them from making up.

And now that this day came, both ended up arguing about their difference leading them to do the same thing, or in this case even worst. They’ve drifted apart due to their life as celebrities forgetting what they are as normal people. Now it’s slowly unfolding what they’re missing only to replace it with anger and denial.

“Is that what you really want?” she voiced out finally.

“Yea, let’s break up,” he said confidently.

“Fine,” she whispered. “If that’s what you want.”

“It’s for the best Dara-ya,” he explained making the girl sigh deeply in the other line.

“I got it,” she mumbled. “It’s goodbye then.”

“Hmm,” Jiyong answered and next thing he knew the girl had hung up on him.

-

After their phone break-up, Jiyong had decided to party it up to forget what’s he’s feeling. The pressure as a celebrity had sure taken a toll of his life. As much as he wanted to reveal their relationship they couldn’t knowing he wanted to protect Dara. But when things got out of hand where they barely see and talk to each other due to their schedules both had drifted apart making it a lot harder for them to progress.

Jiyong enjoyed the freedom from being single. He went on with his schedule like nothing had happened just a couple of days. He found the love for new things like skateboarding which sure surprised many of his fans.

And many saw how much his fashion had changed as well. The guy barely cared if he looked scruffy and messy all that matter is he’s enjoying his freedom.

-

Dara on the other poured out all her time on preparing for their comeback and concert. She’s well aware of why this is happening and so she decided to let him go.

Of course it still pained her, but she knew before that somehow it will lead them to this end. However a part of her still believes that it’s just a phase in their relationship knowing there’s so much pressure between them.

And having their relationship hidden made it a lot harder for the two. To the point she envied her friend Se7en from having freedom to show his love for Han Byul.

“It’ll be okay unnie,” CL said making Dara nod. Even though the girls and Dara don’t talk about it, she knew that they were worried for her.

The girls, especially Bom sure hated the guy for breaking her best friend’s heart over the phone. And what’s worse is that he dared open a twitter account and instagram trying to correlate them with that soy sauce girl.

And the girls hated him more since the guy didn’t bother following them on twitter. They all thought that Jiyong figured that they’re all not in good terms with him after all they are behind Dara on this.

“I just don’t get it,” Minji looked at her phone. “Oppa didn’t even bother following us and he had the guts to follow that soy sauce girl.”

“That’s why I don’t have a twitter,” CL said.

“That’s because you’re computer illiterate Chaerin-ah,” Dara teased making the leader glare.

“Why don’t you open a twitter Dara,” Bom asked. “And follow all your fanboys and other guys like Jaejoong-ssi, Yoochun-ssi and Lee Minho. For sure that’ll tick the guy off.”

“I’m sorry girls but I don’t want to stoop that low,” Dara murmured. “And plus I’m loyal to my Me2day so why would I bother opening a twitter account.”

“Lemme ask you a hypothetical question though,” Bom looked at Dara. “IF ever you opened a twitter account, would you follow Ms. Soy Sauce?”

“No,” Dara scoffed. “That’s the last thing, no scratch that, that’s the only thing I would never do if I have a twitter or instagram!”

The girls smiled seeing how Dara is taking all this. Even though they’re aware that she’s greatly affected by this, she’s still able to joke around making the three girls at ease without worrying their friend of breaking down. They knew clearly that she’s strong despite of her fragile aura.

-

Days passed and Jiyong had sure fulfilled his freedom. He’s been in and out of Korea, to Japan and France. He partied and mingled with others girls.

He felt the life, he had always wondered about and now that everything made it easier for him, he sure forgot her temporarily.

He got addicted to twitter, updating once in awhile. He even dared himself to follow Ms. Soy Sauce on both twitter and instagram hoping to show a certain someone that he’s moving on quite fine.

He didn’t care about her knowing his life is perfect.

“Bro you got some time?” he looked up from his phone and saw Taeyang.

“Yea,” Jiyong sat straight. “What’s up bro?”

“Dude, as much as I am happy that you’re into twitter,” he started making Jiyong bitter. He knew well that his best friend will talk about her. “But really you gotta stop.”

“I don’t know what you’re saying,” Jiyong chuckled. “I am happy as a single man.”

“Look,” Taeyang looked at him with concerns in his eyes. “Have you ever thought how Dara noona would feel with what you are doing?”

“He’s happy bro,” Jiyong said. “See this?”

Jiyong flashed his phone and showed a picture of Dara in MBLAQ’s concert. Taeyang wanted to shake his head since his friend is so blind. Even though he’s inexperience in that side meaning dating/relationship, he’s still aware of what’s going on.

At least that’s what he remembered from his Se7en hyung. His hyung had sure went through a lot during their first couple of years with their Han Byul noona. And there he realized that what their Se7en hyung is going through is exactly what Jiyong is going through.

“Look Jiyong,” Taeyang looked into his friend’s eyes. “Are you really happy with what you chose?”

“Of course!” he confidently answered. “Why would I be doing all this?”

“Let’s face it bro,” Taeyang tightly smiled at him. “You’re in denial that this is happening to you guys. I may not be an expert in that area but I am well aware that my best friends are blindly taken by the stress of your careers that you two are forgetting who you truly are.”

“What are you talking about?” Jiyong laughed since it’s unusual of Taeyang to mingle in someone’s relationship.

“What I’m saying is,” he went on. “The both of you forgot who you truly are to each other. That you as a G-Dragon and her as Dara Park had taken over the relationship forgetting that you two are only human beings.”

“That’s none sense,” Jiyong shook his head.

“You met Dara noona when she’s Sandara, Ji,” Taeyang explained hoping it’ll help the friend. “And she met you when you were just Kwon Jiyong. The two of you went out as Jiyong and Sandara and now that you two have rose into fame, the both of you forgot who you truly are.”

“I’m still me Tae,” Jiyong exclaimed. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.

“I certainly do,” he said making Jiyong curious. “Because out of everyone, it’s the two of you that had changed, and I know that you two still love each other. But feeling burden and stressed out you two ended up making the decision without thinking who you two are truly are.”

“And you two are really wasting almost five years of being together,” he went on. “We’ve seen you both grow into each other. We got to see the two of yours love story bloom and knowing that it ended just like that, we all feel miserable.”

“I just hope now,” Taeyang stood up. “You’d care for what she’s feeling right now. How she can easily let you go. Noona may seem to be strong, but to me I can see how fragile she is Jiyong. And I remember back then, that a Kwon Jiyong promised to protect her.”

“I gave up on her for you,” he whispered. “Since I trusted you that you can protect her better than I can.”

Jiyong watched Taeyang leave and sure he felt something in his words. But right now he shook everything away denying what he said is true.

He looked at his phone where he’s logged into his twitter account. He was about to update again but in the end he logged out feeling something bad.

[End of FB]

 

“Cheer up!” his friend Choice said. “I know it must have been hard, and I also know that you’re realizing everything that’s happening.”

“I let her go so fast hyung,” Jiyong looked at his friend. “I surely had fun, but now I realized that I’ve used all those fun to cover up what I truly feel.

“Then you know what to do,” his friend smiled. “I know Dara is a great girl and she’ll listen. I just hope you prepare yourself to whatever decision she makes.”

“I know,” Jiyong sigh.

“Go you fool!” Choice pushed the guy. “Why are you hesitating now? Stop pretending you’re enjoying yourself here when you know you’re happy being beside her.”

“You’re right,” Jiyong smiled.

-

Jiyong quickly drove back to YG building after getting a message from one of the managers that the girls are still practicing. He realized that his baby girl is probably having a hard time that what he did is the worst thing he had done. Instead of encouraging her to stay strong, he ended up breaking her heart probably making it a lot harder for her.

He held the chocolate, kimbap, milk and vitamins he got for her hoping that Dara would take it at least. If he didn’t get her back, he’d at least want to show his sincerity and mistake to her.

He got in the elevator and pushed the underground button numerous time hoping the elevator would go fast. He was eager to see her realizing how much he had missed her.

He got more eager to see her knowing that Chaerin had pushed Dara on doing the half shave hairdo on their comeback reminding him of himself. He was also happy that his dongsaeng was kind enough to ask Dara to do it knowing it would mean a lot to him.

“Oh Ji why are you here?” 2NE1’s manager asked.

“I’m looking for Dara,” he said. “Are they still practicing?”

“Hmm no they’re on breaks,” he answered. “The three girls are in the cafeteria, and Dara said she’ll just get some air.”

“Air,” Jiyong mumbled and slowly a smile crept into his lips. “Hyung these are for the other three. Tell them I want to talk to them after their practice.”

“Sure,” the manager smiled. “Oh and Jiyong.”

He stopped as Dara’s main manager call, “Please don’t do that again,” he said. “I don’t like seeing my girls like this.”

“I’m sorry hyung,” Jiyong bowed feeling sorry for what he did. “I promise it won’t ever happen again.”

“Sure,” he smiled. “Because the next time I hear her cry for you, I’ll make sure to crush you in little pieces. You don’t know my power.”

“I’ll remember that hyung,” Jiyong bowed again.

He quickly returned to the elevator preparing himself to talk to her. He knew where she’d be right now and it’s a perfect place and time knowing it’s their only place they can spend together. It had become their getaway place for the past six years. Yes even the old building, the rooftop has always been their hideout.

Once the elevator opened he looked at the door that led to the rooftop. He smiled thinking she’s in there waiting for him. There he found his confidence to ask for forgiveness and hopefully a chance. Now it’s his chance and whatever answer he’d get from her he’ll take it as long as she’d hear his sorry and regrets.

He held the knob tightly and slowly turned it opening it to their only place. He smiled seeing the girl is standing at the edge looking up at the sky. Now he realized how much his heart had longed for her feeling it beating faster.

Jiyong slowly walked in without saying a word. He walked and walked admiring how beautiful the girl still is even if her back is the only thing he sees.

“I know you’d come back,” he heard her say making his heart skip a beat hearing her soft, angelic voice.

“Sandara,” he called making the girl bite her lips. There was never a day where she stood out here waiting for him. After their sudden phone breakup she knew it’s just a phase in their relationship allowing her to let go right away.

However she still felt pained knowing his sudden goodbye was just like that.

She closed her eyes letting the tears fall on her cheeks as she felt his hands on her shoulder. The touch she had longed for had finally melted her numb self.

“I’m sorry,” he closed in allowing his arms to snake around her. Dara didn’t dare move knowing she had missed this. “I’m sorry for being a jerk, I didn’t mean to go off like that.”

He leaned his head on hers smelling her gentle scent he had longed for and having to be able to smell and feel her he knew there’s nothing that can replace Dara. It has always been her.

“Dara, please forgive me,” he went on making the girl listen. “I never wanted to break up, I was just stressed out on a lot of things that I even put the blame on you. I never meant to do that, I guess I have missed you that it irritated me how you ignored me. But then you didn’t knowing you too have priorities. I’m stupid not to understand that before.”

“I’m sorry if ever I pressured you,” he held her tightly. “That’s one thing I would never do to you. Then I thought about what I said over the phone and came up with such reason that maybe we do needed time apart. That maybe there are still some things we needed to figure out.”

“Did you have fun being single?” she whispered making Jiyong faintly smile.

“You want the truth?” he asked making the girl nod.

“No,” he said. “I thought being able to party all night and mingle with girls would be fun, but I thought wrong. I’d rather be beside you in a storm, than be safe and warm by myself, or anyone else.”

“Did you flirt and mingle with other girls?” she asked making Jiyong smile, somehow he felt at ease hearing her question all the things he had done during the period he would say as cool off.

“I did,” he admitted making Dara pout. “But Dara I realized that I’d rather have bad times with you, than good times with someone else. That I’d rather have bad times together, than have it easy apart, because I’d rather have the one who holds my heart. And that’s you Dara no one else.”

“Did you meet someone you thought could replace me?” she went on hoping he’d answer her.

“I did,” he shut his eyes letting everything out for her to hear. “But when I thought she’s someone that can replace you, I was wrong. We got along fine, and wasted some time together thinking it’s really for fun.”

“However we both know that we were just faking it since she’s knows who I truly love,” Jiyong leaned his head on her shoulder. “I thought I could replace you but Dara my heart never beat this fast and hard when I saw her. Then I realized it’s you that’s my heart is longing for. How stupid I was to let you go just like that.”

“I don’t blame you if you turned away from me,” he kept going. “Like I’ve done to you; I can only prove the things I say with time. Dara, please be mine again.

Dara pulled Jiyong’s hands apart allowing his lock loose from her. She wanted to see the face she had longed for and as much as she wanted to hate him she couldn’t knowing she loves him so much. She gave in easily since she knew that one day he’ll come back to the senses that he’ll remember he’s Kwon Jiyong and she’s Sandara Park. That G-Dragon and Dara Park are just for people to see.

“I know it’ll take time Dara,” he cupped her face wiping her fallen tears away. “I’m willing to wait and gain the trust you need from me. I don’t blame you if you’ve lost the trust you gave me. I just wanted to tell you that I love you very much that nothing could ever change that ever again.”

“Not even G-Dragon?” she mumbled making the lad smile.

“Not even him,” he slowly kissed her forehead. “God I miss you so badly. I’m sorry I tortured you like this. I feel so stupid.”

“Don’t be,” she whispered and Jiyong looked into her eyes. “When you’re in love you tend to do stupid things, even if it meant for someone to hurt. I know that our relationship is not going to be easy, that somehow we’ll always have times where we want to kill each other. But if you have faith in us then nothing should matter.”

“Jiyong I let you go,” she faintly smiled. “Because I know that we’re just both pressured but the trust it’s still there no matter what. We’ve gone through so much, I mean almost five years of being together not once did I dare to distrust you. Because I know you’re doing this to protect me and I understood it quite clearly.”

“I love you, you know that,” he said making Dara smile.

“I know, and I’ll never get tired of loving you,” Dara caressed his face. “Even if you turn away from me, I’ll always wait for you here.”

“There’s no need for you to wait,” he leaned forward. “Because this time I’ll always be here and nothing can change that. I love you Dara.”

“I love you too, Jiyong,” she smiled and slowly their eyes closed as their lips met each other. His heart doubled in pace feeling the lips he had longed for. The warmth he had missed had finally returned.

And what mattered most is that, the girl he thought he had let go off is finally back in his arms. And there’s no way he’s letting her go again.

-

The three girls wiped their tears seeing such scene up in the rooftop. Once their manager dropped Jiyong’s bribe and message the eldest took charge in going up the rooftop.

The two other girls tried to stop their unnie but no luck as Bominator mode had gone off. The only thing they could do is follow her hoping to stop whatever destruction she’s about to do.

However when they got up to the rooftop, the three were just one time hearing their sudden meet. They listened carefully and slowly tears streaked down their faces hearing such words from Jiyong’s mouth.

“Somehow I heard those words before?” Chaerin said making the eldest think.

“Now that you said that,” Bom thought hard. “That bastard!”

“What is it unnie?” Minji asked seeing the eldest’s forehead creased and surely there’s steam going out of her nose and ears.

“He got that from the song, I’d Rather by Luther Vandross,” she gritted her teeth holding onto what seems a ranging anger.

“Wow, oppa is creative then,” Chaerin said.

“How is that creative?” Bom asked. “He clearly got if off from a lyrics.”

“You must admit unnie it was romantic,” Minji smiled and for a bit the eldest smiled too but remembering where it came from she definitely sure she’s not letting this brat go.

“Just let it go unnie,” Chaerin chuckled. “At least they’re back together. I knew it’s just a phase.”

“I’m still mad he didn’t follow me on twitter,” Minji pouted.

“I’ll make sure he gets it from me,” Bom smirked.

-

“So I heard you followed a certain soy sauce on twitter?” Dara questioned the guy and that surely made Jiyong tense. “And not only that I heard you also followed her on Instagram was it? Then you posted some racy picture of a girl on a skateboard wearing a bikini.”

“Ah that,” Jiyong bit his lips.

“Oh and the hello Shanghai,” she went on making the guy breath in and out feeling nervous all of a sudden. “This soy sauce surely had the guts to say Bye Shanghai. Hmm I wonder if this two are hinting something?!”

“Of course not!” Jiyong quickly said. “G-dragon is one naughty kid and he should be punished. And as I remember when Ki… I mean soy sauce said bye Shanghai she meant it. I also heard she’s a devoted fan.”

“A fan huh?” Dara rolled her sleeve making the guy really nervous. “You really want to get it huh?”

“Dara,” he eyed the girl. “You know nothing is going on between that two useless people.”

“Really?” she cracked her knuckles.

“Of course,” he stepped back seeing the girl advancing. “And plus I heard G-Dragon did that so certain people would panic.”

“Who?” Dara asked.

“Have you heard of Applers? They're DaraGon fans, you know Dara and G-dragon” he asked making the girl glare at him. “Ever since he opened a twitter they started tweeting him [a/n: mianhae applers i didn't mean to say that. i know you guys won't do that... right? hehe]. Of course I wanted to say something about it how true we are, but I can’t risk revealing what we have. So I had to hide it.”

“Ahh and that’s by following her?” she asked making the lad nod.

“And plus,” Jiyong smiled. “I followed her so I can divert all the attention from us to something else. It’s not really my intension to hurt anyone, but I had to. And what’s wrong with following her it’s not like we are hiding something. If I un-followed her then people would suspect something is going on.”

“You better make sure that’s the real reason,” Dara tightened her fist.

“It is,” he pulled her making the girl smile. “I know it’s frustrating that we can’t reveal what we have like Se7en hyung can, but for now I like what we have. It’s just us two and maybe a few folks that knows that we do have something. The last thing, no scratch that the only thing I would never do is to hurt you even though I already did.”

“Don’t worry Jiyong,” she wrapped her arms around him. “As long as our hearts is beating for each other then there’s nothing to worry about. You know love, is never perfect. There will be times where we’ll be happy, and there's also a time where we'll get hurt like what happened. But if we believe in each other and that love we have, then I don’t think anything else matters.”

“Thank you,” he said looking deeply in her eyes. “I don’t know how I deserve to have someone like you. You are the greatest person I have in my life, and I’ll make sure to never let you go.”

“Good,” she smiled. “Because there’ll be no next time that this will happen. I’m all yours Jiyong.”

“When time comes Dara,” he brushed her reddish locks aside. “I promise you i'll be the first one to tell the world that you are my girl.”

“I’ll look forward for that day,” Dara blushed to his words. “I love you Jiyong.”

“I love you too, Nabi-ya,” he pulled her face closer to him kissing her again. [Nabi=Butterfly]

---------------------------------------------

Author's Mini Rant: (Read if you want to...) (^_^)

Okay that's it for now for my DaraGon here. lol i'm sorry for neglecting the other pairings, don't worry the next time i update this it won't be Daragon. i would probably need to do RiRin next since i promised it so much, then TopBom and mabye another pairing another pairing!

Also for neglecting my other fics, as much as i want to jump on them all it seems like my time is limited haha. i've been having this insomnia for a few days now and i sure need sleep since my left upper eyelid has been twitching or in other words it has a life of its own haha. but seriously i will update as much as i could. daily that is! Not all story but on a certain day i'll update one or two and then the next i'll focus on the other and so on... hehehe

another reason why i lack to update is because of a new story that has entered my brain. and doing five fics will be the death of me. and so i'll try to finish one or two ASAP so i can start this story. i was again brushing my teeth when i got this idea. random but true!

So i hope you enjoyed this. i usually don't like to write fics based on their actual "lives" like now since i'm pretty much guessing and it's kinda weird. however this was my way to say my saying on the so called threat for D&G couple. I recommend you watch Strong Heart YG Family Special EP 124. Listen or read the subs and watch Se7en carefully and you'd know where i based this. 

So that's it! I'm done with this! lol thanks for reading though! And i hope you understand this story. i'm kinda down lately since i have so many stress. Seungri and i need a club banger lol! (o_O)

Thanks again for reading! I will update this soon! and i'll make sure it's not DaraGon. Promise! Also thanks for reading my last story, sad but then that's life. hehe Anywho please doe leave me a comment! So you can cheer me up and bring my fluffly self back! I hate being like this! (T_T)

Think Happy Thoughts! See you in the next story then! (^3^) mwah!

PS

Well that came out as a long rant! Mian! (-_-)

PPS

wow that was cheesy neh?! With the song? I meant to put this up three-four days ago but like I said I contemplated about this story! Hope you guys are enlightened somehow! Last  DaraGon for now!