the brightest star

Brightest Star..

 

the yoon family was known as a family of business tycoon somewhere at seoul.. they lead the business market and never gets any financial problem.. they plan to become bigger and larger when the time the one and only heir will rule the company at the right time..

 

the only son, yoon doojoon was born to be a businessman, same as his father.. he never wanted it and he never plan on becoming a businessman. he never wanted to become like his father..

 

since doojoon was young, he loves to look at the night sky. probably because her late mother always told him that stars shines the best at night. so from that day on, he promise to himself that he will buy a star and make it his own, thats the mind of a 6year old kid. but when the years past by, doojoon knows that stars are meant only to be seen at the sky. and he never looks at the night sky ever again..

 

- - - - -

 

it was an ordinary day of work for yoon doojoon and to his concerns, he was so tired of having this boring life. it was ordinary, and no fun. he wants to breakfree from his father's errands. to work on the office and facing bulk towers of paper was never his dream. it was really his nightmare. a nightmare that was reality. he wanted to have his own business, just like his close friend from college, jang hyunseung.

 

just like a cue, he held up today's news paper and saw an article that says 'the success of JS'. it was hyunseung's bar. he sigh as he thought about it and ended up deciding to take a visit on his friend's bar.

 

- - - - -

 

it was 5pm. luckily, paperworks and series of appointments are done. thanks to doojoon's work partner and childhood bestfriend, yong junhyung. they both take the lift to the car lobby and went straight to their cars. doojoon remembered something..

 

'ah, junhyung-ah..' doojoon shouted before entering the driver's seat. junhyung just nodded his head indicating doojoon to continue..

 

'i want to take a visit at your boyfriend's bar, accompany me..' doojoon ask his bestfriend with a voice that sounds more like commanding.

 

'acting cool huh?..' junhyung said, smirking to his bestfriend who then furrowed his eyebrows. he then went inside his car and start the engine. before he go, he open the side window to face doojoonn..

 

'9pm, stupid joon..'

then the car left leaving doojoon smile weakly..

 

'tss. jun!..'

he also then get in his car and drive off..

 

it was definitely the first attempt of doojoon to go to hyunseung's bar and he hopes, it wont be boring or else, it will also be his last..

 

- - - - -

 

doojoon arrives at an unfamiliar place. he looks again at the small paper he was holding.

 

this is the address. so this is it.

 

he get out from his car and walk straight to the front door of the said address. it was a silver door and has a pink and blue led light on its sides..

 

dim lights. noisy music. booming base. and smell of alcohol greeted him, and it felt so differenet. why is he here?  yet, the address was right. but this wasnt he was expecting and this was not his plans to visit to..

 

before he attemp to leave he heard a familiar voice shouting. he saw a pretty orange haired boy approaching. he just sigh in relief. he was not lost.

 

'oh! hyung!..'

the pretty boy named hyunseung greeted happily and hug doojoon brotherly way.

 

'you havent change hyunseung-ah..'

he chuckles betweent the hug and continued, 'except for that weird hair color you've got there..'

 

hyunseung parted their bodies and playfully slap the arms of doojoon..

'still the stupid joon!..' they both laugh and hyunseung continue, 'why are you here anyway?..'

 

'oh, junhyung didnt tell you?.. im here to visit and relax.. but i bet this place was not an option..'

doojoon said while crossing his arms. hyunseung just grin seeing his hyung acting cute and stupid as usual..

 

'hyung 'JS' is located upstairs and this..' hyunseung spread his arms..

'this is where money is all about..' hyunseung then finishes. he looks at the dumbfounded face of doojoon and sigh.. 'cmon, i'll explain..'

 

hyunseung explains everything. that he has two business located at the same place.. 'JS' was more like a bar. casual drinking here and there. smooth music and jazz band and the luxurious type of bar. while the other one, which where they stand was an underground club.

 

'so you mean to say is?..'

doojoon looks startled, that he's friend hyunseung has a dirty secret on how he become who he really is now.

 

'yes hyung, name it! gurl, boy, drugs or gay, you can buy it here just name the price..'

 

'okay, hold on im getting dizzy here, can we just go to your real bar?.. i mean really hyunseung the REAL one..' doojoon exasperatedly said..

 

'okay letso go upstairs.. junnie is there anyway..'

 

they both walk straight. they passed through every person who was dancing seductively with their partners. as they where passing, doojoon studied the dirty room again. half girls, guys grinding to another guy and some others taking drugs. it was really new to him. he didnt even notice it earlier when he came.

 

unaware of where he walks, he bump into another person. to his suprise, he didnt stumble but the other person did. he looks at the person laying down at the front and help it to get up. it was somehow looks drunk and it was a boy. doojoon held up the boy and puts the other man's arm behind his neck, supporting the boy..

 

'hey im sorry, wake up!..'

doojoon was trying to wake the boy, and suddenly the boy's eyes opened and automatically stared at him. doojoon looks at the boy and notices the lust from the big bright eyes of the boy. he looked away and the boy removes his arms from doojoon's support, he can stand up now.

 

when doojoon looks again, he saw the boy.. with a cute small face. puffy cheeks and pouty lips. he was slender and y from his outfit. he has the very bright big eyes that was halfly covered by his light brown hair..

 

he never saw a a human who has some kind of features like the boy in front of him. it was like that this boy was shining eventhough the place is dark and dirty.. and somehow, he compares the boy into something he wants when he was young and now, he missed seeing it. this boy brought up the missing part of doojoon.

 

a star. he was like a star..

 

when doojoon wants to approach the boy, he was then pulled by hyunseung. leaving the boy there, still staring at him..

 

- - - - -

 

'yah doojoon?..'

junhyung waves a hand at the absent minded man.. 'are you listening?..' but then no answer..

 

'YAH!!!..' junhyung scream out of frustration and thats when doojoon just get back to his senses.. realizing the couple sitting in front of him was looking at him furiously.

 

'im sorry guys..' doojoon let out a sigh and lowered his head and gazed down.. he noticed that the couple was silent and he faced them again.. 'i said im sorry okay?..'

 

'whats wrong with you anyway doojoonie?..' hyunseung questioned the older male infront of him.. 'you're acting strange since we got up here..'

 

'well, its really hard to explain but..' doojoon was still in a dilemma if he would say it or not.. 'hyunseung-ah, do you let minor aged guys to work at your club downstairs?..'

 

'oh my god hyung, are you accusing me of child labor here?.. how rude of you!..' hyunseung pats his chest exasperately..

 

'hey, im just asking.. and thanks for the answer.. i bet its a no..' doojoon grabs his glass and sip some of his cocktail drink.. 'i saw a guy earlier, he looks so young for visiting this night club.. and he looks drunk..'

 

'a guy? looks young?.. his hair was light brown right?..'

junhyung tense up excitedly, showing off that he knows the guy doojoon was talking about.. 'puffy cheeks, pouty lips and br-'

 

'bright beautiful big eyes.. yes junhyung thats him.. do you know him?.. doojoon was also excited at the same time worried..

 

'yeobo, i told you that kid has something..'

junhyung elbowed his lover that gave him a death glare.. junhyung just mouthed 'sorry' for acting like a fan boy..

 

'his yoseob and he's a regular customer downstairs.. he drinks and befriends with the workers and other customers but not hooking up with them.. he never wanted a person to touch him seductively and get into his pants.. his just there for drinking and have fun..'

hyungseung finished his explanation..

 

'so, why downstairs? not here? this place looks calmer and good for just drinking and have fun..'

doojoon ask.. he was so damn curious about the boy he saw earlier. why? he doesnt know either..

 

'like i said hyung, he wants to have fun, not to relax silly!.. '

 

'but is he aware that 'that' place downstairs was filled with high people that can harass him or something?..' doojoon ask worriedly. why? he also didnt know.. its just something was telling him to ask just some random question to get to the point.. whats the point? hell, he still dont know..

 

'hyung, i told you, yes he drinks and he's our regular customer. he likes it there and besides, he can still manage himself when he drinks.. he gets intoxicated, but never drunk..'

 

it was just seconds before doojoon gets his point.. he was asking things because he bumped into this boy who looks like running, running away from something or someone. to see that boy from before, he looks really drunk, and sleepy and weak.. if hyungseung told him that the boy named yoseob never gets drunk, he knew, something was wrong.. and yoseob was in danger..

 

the brightest star of all..

 

he then run towards the stairs, not answering junhyung and hyunseung's shouting questions.. he goes down, running and scanning the area.. the place was too crowded and he cant find what he's looking for.. he notice that finding and just grabing some guy with the same hair color of yoseob was no use.. so he tries the easiest way as of now..

 

'yoseob-ssi!!!..'

the name spill out of doojoon's mouth..

 

'yoseob-ah, where are you?..'

 

'yoseobie?!?..'

he somehow thought that the name was so sweet to pronounce and he thought that he will never get tired of saying that name all over again.. weird isnt it?.. but doojoon felt it so right.. being attracted to a stranger was weird but doojoon thought of it as fate and gift..

 

'yoseobie!!!..'

 

the brightest star from the darkest night..

 

as if cue, his attention drifted to where the 'fire exit' was and saw the door was open. to his instinct, he approach it and run outside of it, and there he saw the star, the gift. yang yoseob with a man that's pinning him at the wall. yoseob looks weak and drunk..

 

doojoon didnt wait too long for the man to go further with yoseob and he pounce to the man and punch it several time to the face.. he kicks it and punch again until the man surrenders and run away. doojoon then looks at the boy with torn shirt, bleeding lips from rough kisses and neck filled with hickeys from the unwanted maker.. doojoon approach yoseob and kneeled to his level..

 

'are you okay, yoseob-ah?..'

 

'how did you know my name?..'

 

'its really a nice way you get there to say thank you..'

 

they both stare at each other for a while and smiled at each other..

 

'wear this for a while..' doojoon takes off his black blazer suit revealing his white polo and necktie.. 'lets go inside..'

 

'no, lets just stay here..'

 

 

- - - - -

 

they both sat in the cement floor at the dark alley where the fire exit door was located and it was an awkward silence they have. it was deffinitely awkward, but both of them didnt want to go away or ended this awkwardness..

 

'thank you, for saving me..'

yoseob finally broke the silence.. his gazed was on his hands and his head was down low..

 

'i got your name from hyunseung..' doojoon heards what yoseob said but ignored it.. they both look at each other.. 'he's my friend. the owner of the club..'

 

'oh.. i see..'

yoseob answered shortly. somehow, he wants to ask more few things like, why did his name come up? did he asked it or hyunseung just told him? how did he end up going to the fire exit? and why did he save him? but yoseob just shrugged off and ignored the idea..

 

yoseob then looks at his watch and the watch indicates the 'its time to go home' time.. he then stands up slowly since he's still a bit dizzy from the drink that the stupid ert man gave to him.. it maybe has a drug or something..

 

'hey, i have to go now.. thanks again for saving me..'

 

'hey, you're a bit weak, mind if i take you a ride homee?..'

yoseob hesitates for a while. he looks at the taller guy in fromt of him, pressing his shoulders as if helping him to stand. the man was so damn perfect in yoseob's eyes.. the piercing eyes, the tanned skin that still glows even at the dark night and the pure smile that curve to its thin lips. yoseob never saw a guy as perfect as this. and its weird to feel something but it felt so right.. and yoseob thought that staring like this was weird, but then, he nodded to the offer..

 

- - - - -

 

they both get in the car. doojoon then notice that yoseob was still weak from that strange drink, it was a miracle though that yoseob manage to walk by his self up to doojoon's car..

 

doojoon then place the seatbelt on top of yoseob and there eyes met..

 

the brightest star and i wanna be his sky..

 

doojoon couldnt resist the tempting lips that was almost brushing to his own lips.. he cant resist anymore..

 

'i dont know your name yet..'

yoseob broke the romantic scene and doojoon backs away, disappointed..

 

'yoon doojoon..'

 

'nice to meet you then..'

yoseob extended his arms for a handshake and doojoon just raise his eyebrow..

 

'oh, right..'

yoseob takes off the seatbelt..

'im okay now, really.. thanks again yoon doojon-ssi.. its so nice of you but i really cant accept your offer..'

 

'and why is that?..'

 

'im not that easy doojoon-ssi.. im really thankful for saving me, but the 'kiss at the first meet' was not me.. im really okay for a coffee treat next week, if i really need to make it up to you..'

 

by that words, doojoon then remembers what hyunseung told him..

 

'his yoseob and he's a regular customer downstairs.. he drinks and befriends with the workers and other customers but not hooking up with them.. he never wanted a person to touch him seductively and get into his pants.. his just there for drinking and have fun..''

 

he sigh in defeat and felt a bit sad, disappointed, and hurt.. he know, this might be their last time seeing each other but still, he hopes not..

 

'nah, dont bother.. maybe we can still see each other next time, here at the club..'

doojoon said..

 

'after what happened, i dont think so..'

yoseob just chuckle and handed doojoon'coat.. he then fix his half torn clothes and look at doojoon.. 'it looks just like a style right?..' yoseob was talking about his shirt.. doojoon just chuckle and nod..

 

'so nice meeting you doojoon-ssi.. i really need to go..' with that, yoseob didnt wait for an answer and gets out from the car and ran across the street.. doojoon never leave the boy's image.. until the boy gets a cab and the cab drive off..

 

the brightest star of all.. it is true, that stars are too far away just like mom told me.. and you can never hold them.. because it belongs to the sky.. and it can never be mine.. yeah, he was one hell of a star.. the brightest one..

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: yeah, i know this .. its just a plain and simple fic.. and i dunno if its a boken DooSeob.. kekeke.. im sorry.. ^_^