Chapter 4

Even In Death

"Are you feeling any better?" Sehun asked, moving four places on foward on the Monopoly board.
"Yes, because you're going to jail!" Luhan's face lit up as he sung, "Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200."
He stuck his tongue out and moved Sehun's car piece.

Sehun stared at him with a wide grin. They were sitting on the living room floor. It had started to rain shortly after they got back to the house.
"It's still raining..." Luhan got up and walked over to the window.
"See? It's good that we came home." He said, following after him. He wrapped his arms around Luhan's waist and leaned his head on his shoulder. He sighed. "You're amazing, you know that?" He started to kiss Luhan's shoulder, working his way up to his neck, but stopped when he turned to face him.
"Stop that..."
Sehun took Luhan's face in his hands and whispered, "But I don't want to." He softly kissed his lips. Luhan pressed his hands on Sehun's chest.
"Let's finish the game..." He pulled away from him and sat back on his spot on the floor. "It's my turn and I'm winning."
Sehun walked back over, a bit upset at Luhan for rejecting him. Luhan grinned, nervously, advoiding eye contact.
"You know, we're getting married soon."
"I know. I'm excited." He rolled the dice. Six. While moving his metal piece forward, he added, "I know what you're trying to get at. I'm just not in the mood, okay?"
He landed on Park Place. "Oh! I'm gonna buy that!" Again, giving a nervous smile.
Sehun watched through lazy eyes.
"I don't want to play this game any more." He said.
"Then what do you want to do?"
"That's not what I meant."
"Then what did you mean...?"
"I don't want to do this anymore. You. Me. Us. You barely touch me..."
"That's not true-"
"Yes it is! You weren't like this before." Sehun sat up on his knees, arms stretched out to his sides in questioning. "What happened to you?"
"I'm scared that you'll leave again!" Luhan shouted, tears starting to fall. "I'm scared that you're gonna leave me all alone again..." He choked out. Burying his face in his hands.
Sehun's arms fell limp to his sides. He crawled over and held him against his chest and sighed.
"I told you earlier, I'm not going to leave you."
"But...but...you did-"
"I'm here now, aren't I?" He pushed Luhan's shoulders back. "Look at me Lu..."
He wiped his tears and slowly looked up into Sehun's eyes.
"I'm not going anywhere, okay?"
Luhan looked back down, but Sehun lifted his head back up and looked into his red eyes.
"Okay?"
"....Okay." Luhan sniffled.





Luhan never understood why Sehun had left him. For the most part, he couldn't even remember what happened to cause him to leave. But he didn't want to try to remember. He was just happy he came back. Before he reappeared, Luhan spent his nights at home, either locked up in his dark room or down in the living room watching movies. He stopped hanging out with his friends, including Chanyeol, and stopped taking phone calls all at once. He would only go outside if he absolutely needed to. Luhan went on like that for months until he spotted Sehun outside on the street. For some reason, he welcomed him back with open arms. He didn't ever want to leave his side. And so he proposed shortly after reuniting with him...