Young Child, Young Love

Young Child, Young Love

Final Chapter/Chapter 1: Young Child, Young Love

 

Narrator's P.O.V

The girl sat on her chair, fiddling with her fingers. She was surrounded by flowers, that had just bloomed. She had always loves the nature, hence even her favorite colors are green and baby blue. She sat there, glancing around the garden before went back into the shop.

She was unknowingly arranging a bouquet of wild flowers. Purple and white are its colors, it scents filled her air as she breathed in. She knew all the flowers names in the shop, it was her shop any ways. She was innocent, young and beautiful but the fact that she was alone makes her faces the reality. She was young, 16 years old to be exact. She didn't knew teenager life as she had never went to places other than the shop and the market. 

A figure shown at the large window of the shop, it was a boy. He peeked inside the shop smiling when he saw her, focused on arranging the flowers. He would always went to the shop, but never ever tried entering. Exact 12 noon he would be there, it had always been the same for the past months. Today I must go in he thought, pumping his fist up.

Nervously standing in front of the door, peeking inside once again. He can walk away like he usually does. But today, he was determined to go in the shop. He fixed his hair, taking a deep breath before walking in. He walked towards the table but stop mid-ways, a taint pink had already appeared on his cheeks. He slowly walked towards the table, the girl however didn't notice that he had walk in.

He made an 'ahem' sound but the girl seems not to notice. He was sad that she did not looked at him but soften when he sees lines forming on the girl forehead. She was really focused on the flowers. He waved his hands in front of the girl face, the petite little girl jumped back. A hand over her heart, patting it slowly. The boy mumbled a short sorry before bowing his head a little.

He smiled at her before saying Byun Baekhyun. Her eyes squinted closer as if she didn't understand him. Baekhyun said his name again, this time slowly. The girl nod, pointing at her name tag. Kim Illa it stated, A name I'll never forget Baekhyun smiled to himself. Baekhyun pointed at the flowers than back to himself. Although Illa didn't understand what he was indicating, she nodded any ways.

Baekhyun smiled before taking the flowers, he thanked Illa. Putting some money on the table, he kissed Illa on the cheek before hurriedly went out. Illa sat there dumbfounded, she caressed her right cheeks that had been kissed by Baekhyun. A faint pink appeared, she was blushing. Unknowing to her, Baekhyun was also blushing, scolding himself muttering 'I'm a pabo' on the process.

 

at Baekhyun's apartment

 

Baekhyun was drawing a portrait of Illa, surrounded by flowers. He squinted one eye and put the pencil right in front of the painting, examining it. He chuckled before continue on drawing. He put all his concentration and heart on this. It was already dark outside, but Baekhyun kept on drawing, he smiled but this time his smile didn't reach his brown eyes. He washes his face before cleaning up, leaving the portrait hanging on his wall.

Meanwhile, Illa was sitting on the bench at her garden. She was admiring the stars, praying for her loved ones to be happy. Praying for the flowers to be healthy and lively. Unlike the flowers, she was certainly not healthy nor lively after she knew about the news. Every step she takes, recalls a pain memory. Every breath she breath in, tells her a story about the world. Every movement she make always means something.

She was not an orphan, just a girl that lacks parent's loves. She loved them still, they were her parents any way. They were the one who took care of her when she was little. They were the one that instantly woke up when she cries on late nights. They were the one that provided her shelter and other basics things. Without them she was nothing, without then she would never exist in this world.

The past weeks was filled with Baekhyun and Illa spending time together at the shop, however he never met any of her friends. Illa was arranging the flowers around the shop. Accordingly putting them in same colors sequence. She flip the Close sign to Open sign. She would smile to all the customers and helped them on choosing the flowers. Most of her customers are couples or some boys. There would be this small boy that will always come with his brother, Illa would constantly gave him lollipops or chocolates. Sehun was his name, and his brother goes with the name Luhan.

Her neighbor sons would also come to her shop to play with her, sometimes they just play at the garden. They were Kris and Tao, their friends would be Kai, Lay, D.O and Suho. Her cousins Minseok and Jongdae would come to help her with the customers, sometimes with their friend Chanyeol. They would always filled her days with bright smiles and cheeky grins.

She was playing with Sehun when Baekhyun came. Baekhyun waved at Illa and awkwardly smiled at Sehun, who was protectively standing in front of Illa with his arms crossing. Sehun pouted at Illa and then glared at Baekhyun who seem scared by it. "He's my friend Sehun" Illa ruffled Sehun's hair. Sehun smiled before kissing Illa on the cheeks, earning a pinch on his cheeks by Luhan.

"I'm very sorry about my twin, he just loves to kiss people" Luhan bowed a little before smacking Sehun's head. Illa shook her head, saying it's okay. She gave both of them some candies before they left. Baekhyun looked at the twins amused, if only he had a twin, wouldn't it be fun. Illa chuckled at Baekhyun amused face, causing him to look at her even more amused.

"Can I have him as my brother?" Baekhyun blurted out, making Illa laughed at him. Baekhyun face expression was like 'did-i-said-something-funny' face. Illa shook her head before went to the garden, to check on Kris and Tao. Baekhyun stood there dumbfounded, scratching his hair he looked at the place where Illa just went.

Kris and Tao were watering the flowers and themselves. Kris and Tao look at each other, throwing knowing glances. Kris mouthed 1, 2, 3. Together they splashed water at Illa, they hi-fived but when they looked back at Illa. Baekhyun was standing in front of her, wet from head to toe.

"Oh my god, we're so sorry. We didn't mean to get you all wet, we we're just playing with Illa" Kris and Tao quickly said at Baekhyun who was standing there staring at Illa who was covering in shock. "It's okay, it's rare on getting splashed by water during daylight...right?" Baekhyun awkwardly said, forgiving Tao and Kris. Their day would be spend like this, happy and lively.

 

one night

 

Baekhyun was in his room, sketching. He was drawing Illa, doing some final touches. He smiled when the portrait had finally completed. He sat on the floor, leaning against the wall. A paper flew near him, he grabs it. He looked back and forth from the portrait to the paper. A tear fell, followed by another one. He was crying, tears fall and he doesn't even bothered to wipe them.

He hastily get up and took the portrait. He went out of his apartment and ran towards Illa house, standing outside panting. Tears streaming down his face, he walks in muttering something that only he knew. His eyes soften when he sees Illa sleeping soundly on the table at the garden.

He walks closer and closer to her, he just need to see her face. His soft slender fingers caressed her hair, putting everything into place. He put the drawing beside Illa and walks away. Don't leave her, protect her a voice said inside his head. I have to Baekhyun fought back. Then bring her with you. Baekhyun stop walking when he heard a faint 'don't leave me'. He looked back, Illa was sobbing. His heart throbbed, knowing that she was crying because of him. 

Baekhyun back hugged her kissing the back of her hair. Illa turn around and hugged him back, whispering 'I love you'. Baekhyun leaned in, kissing her lips. "I love you too" Baekhyun said. Don't leave me Illa thought, deepening the kiss. "I had to leave, I'll be back in a year or 2" Baekhyun whispered, as if he knew what Illa was thinking. Illa showed her pinky, wanting a pinky promise. Baekhyun chuckled before interlacing their pinkies. Pinky promise they both smiled.

 

To be continued...in the sequel